wisconsin has two players on the list, that says something about the talent on the o-line that they have, when is the last time that happened? probably 04-05 at usc with bush and white. im not trying to take anything away from ball because he is a very talented player, but i think his numbers are so high because he is a product of a good system, just like graham harrell was at texas tech, and the last few qbs were at okst. i would choose rex over ball, rex plays with more heart than anybody i have seen in along while

i think it's been this way at Wisconsin for a while with some guy that left 1-2 years ago and Ball/White rotating in. can't remember his name - maybe Gray? Wisconsin has been stocked at RB for some time now.

wisconsin has two players on the list, that says something about the talent on the o-line that they have, when is the last time that happened? probably 04-05 at usc with bush and white. im not trying to take anything away from ball because he is a very talented player, but i think his numbers are so high because he is a product of a good system, just like graham harrell was at texas tech, and the last few qbs were at okst. i would choose rex over ball, rex plays with more heart than anybody i have seen in along while

i think it's been this way at Wisconsin for a while with some guy that left 1-2 years ago and Ball/White rotating in. can't remember his name - maybe Gray? Wisconsin has been stocked at RB for some time now.

John Clay?

As much as I like Rex, I'd have to put him in the 3 spot behind Ball and Redd. And I'm not sure who I'd give the nod to, Redd or Ball. Ball had the gaudy stats last year. But he was running behind a better O-line. Seeing the 2011 highlight reel of Redd above, he might be just as good as Ball. Maybe better.

I didn't see anything in the video that made me think he's as good as Rex Burkhead.

I didn't see anything in the video that made me think he's as good as Rex Burkhead.

I thought they were pretty good highlights for a soph RB playing in the B1G 10. We'll have a better idea about how good his is in about 3 1/2 months.

John Clay?

You have to go back almost a decade to find a starting RB who didn't thrive at UW. Ball, Clay, Hill, Calhoun...

John Clay?

You have to go back almost a decade to find a starting RB who didn't thrive at UW. Ball, Clay, Hill, Calhoun...

True that. They have gotten some solid backs for some time now...and their o-line has been great as well.

Wisky's always had good O lines...

They got Ron Dayne a Heisman...

That line was amazing, four of those guys were drafted, all five played in the league, 24 years combined between the five...but to say that Dayne didn't earn that thing is ridiculous. He was a beast his whole college career and that year was no anomaly.

Wisky's always had good O lines...

They got Ron Dayne a Heisman...

That line was amazing, four of those guys were drafted, all five played in the league, 24 years combined between the five...but to say that Dayne didn't earn that thing is ridiculous. He was a beast his whole college career and that year was no anomaly.

Exactly, that line was amazing. Imagine what a good RB would have done with it...

Seven B1G running backs were named to the Doak Walker list

I'm not 100% certain James White is the second best running back on the Wisconsin team. It might be Melvin Gordon. Wisconsin has two other guys who have potential, Jeffrey Lewis and Vonte Jackson. The coaches experiemented with two running back sets in spring practices.

But . . . I'm also not certain the offensive line will be nearly as effective as the last three years. Lost a couple of graduates and have a new line coach. There are some definite questions.

Wisconsin has had a 1,000 yard rusher every season since 1993 except for 2003/2004 when Anthony Davis, the top RB was injured. He had 1,400 and 1,500 his first two years but only 700 and 800 in his junior and senior years when he was hurt.

1,000 yard rushers since 2004:

2005 - Brian Calhoun 1,728

2006 - PJ Hill 1,569

2007 - PJ Hill 1,236

2008 - PJ Hill 1,161 (Clay 884)

2009 - John Clay 1,517

2010 - James White 1.052 John Clay 1,012 (Ball 996)

2011 - Montee Ball 1,923 (White 713)

3. Silas Redd, Penn State, junior:

Not B1G anymore. Transferring to USC. I wonder if he ends up at the top of the Trojans depth chart. Redd is great, but it seems like they always have a bunch of great RBs at the USC.