Eric Martin's tweet taking offense to Brock Huard's Nebraska prediction makes ESPN's CFB Live

Guys, remember, this is Brock Huard. He played Division 1 ball for a good UW team back in the day. He's just spouting what he thinks on the mothership, hoping that it causes a little uproar to make him look edgy, but that doesn't necessarily make him right. Just look at Mark May and Holtz, between the two of them, I think they'd have a tough time making a ham sandwich...

Guys, remember, this is Brock Huard. He played Division 1 ball for a good UW team back in the day. He's just spouting what he thinks on the mothership, hoping that it causes a little uproar to make him look edgy, but that doesn't necessarily make him right. Just look at Mark May and Holtz, between the two of them, I think they'd have a tough time making a ham sandwich...

Exactly. It's why as much as I dislike him (more because of his demeanor and attitude than what he says), I've learned to just not let what Mark May says get me riled up anymore. Guys like that and Huard, you have to remember, are paid to do exactly what they do.

Can someone please tell me why we're all so scared of UCLA? Like seriously, what good qualities do they bring that can possibly beat us? I know it's becoming cool to be a "realist" who bashes his own team, but let's try and keep it in check a little bit...

We certainly should respect UCLA but some of our fans, and others nationally, need to keep several salient points in mind:

1) UCLA went 6-8 last season.

2) Hired a new head coach.

3) Will play Nebraska in their 1st game while we willl have had a "tune-up."

4) Plus they'll be transitioning to a new offense and defense.

All being said, I can see Nebraska thumping UCLA just like they did Washington up in Seattle two years ago.

• Fire 1

Wasn't Brock the one who complained that Peter and Wistrom were intentionally trying to hurt him (twisting ankles, etc.) during the 1997 game in Seattle? I remember something like that coming up with Huard saying that him being injured was the only reason NU was able to win. I guess the 55-7 drubbing the next year in Lincoln dispelled that theory.

That was Chad May. Well, maybe it was both of them, but I specifically remember Chad May accusing Christian Peter of trying to gouge his eyes.

I knew that one as well, but I remember something about Huard complaining to officials about Jason Peter and Wistrom during that game

Can someone please tell me why we're all so scared of UCLA? Like seriously, what good qualities do they bring that can possibly beat us? I know it's becoming cool to be a "realist" who bashes his own team, but let's try and keep it in check a little bit...

We certainly should respect UCLA but some of our fans, and others nationally, need to keep several salient points in mind:

1) UCLA went 6-8 last season.

2) Hired a new head coach.

3) Will play Nebraska in their 1st game while we willl have had a "tune-up."

4) Plus they'll be transitioning to a new offense and defense.

All being said, I can see Nebraska thumping UCLA just like they did Washington up in Seattle two years ago.

This. If we lose to them, it will be long season. This is a game we need to rip from them.

People are respecting UCLA (not scared of, respecting) because of:

2010 Alamo Bowl

2011 Fresno State

2011 Northwestern

Three games against inferior opponents that we should have had no trouble with, which instead turned out to be embarrassing losses or a close victory.

If this team was routinely putting away the Washingtons of the world rather than taking two out of three, there wouldn't be any concern about UCLA. Instead, we're left with the real possibility of the Huskers laying an egg.

2010 Alamo Bowl

2011 Fresno State

2011 Northwestern

Three games against inferior opponents that we should have had no trouble with, which instead turned out to be embarrassing losses or a close victory.

If this team was routinely putting away the Washingtons of the world rather than taking two out of three, there wouldn't be any concern about UCLA. Instead, we're left with the real possibility of the Huskers laying an egg.

1. Early non-conference game.

2. UCLA coming off a 6-8 season.

3. New coaching staff, offense, defense, the whole shmear...

There is approximately a .0000123409765987% chance of "laying an egg" in this one. I know the percentage is accurate because I pulled it out of thin air.

2010 Alamo Bowl

2011 Fresno State

2011 Northwestern

1. Early non-conference game.

2. UCLA coming off a 6-8 season.

3. New coaching staff, offense, defense, the whole shmear...

There is approximately a .0000123409765987% chance of "laying an egg" in this one. I know the percentage is accurate because I pulled it out of thin air.

2010 South Dakota State

I can do this all day, man.

In fact, what about a team coming off a 5-7 season, changing their whole coaching staff, new schemes on offense, defense and such, but only beat them 35-30?

That was 2008 VA Tech at Nebraska. New coaching staffs can get the job done pretty quickly if there's talent in the cupboard.

I can do this all day as well...2010 South Dakota...

1. Nebraska didn't even prepare or practice for this team and the utterly flat performance demonstrates this.

2. You can't say with a straight face that if Nebraska put forth 100% effort in this game that they wouldn't have won by 70+.

Hell we smashed a "tough" Washington team early in the season only to lose to them in the bowl game.

Are you saying that South Dakota has talent equal to or better than Washington?

The game at ucla will be hyped up just as crazy as Washington was. We play well on the road in the non conference, even that game at va tech in 09 when I thought we'd get beat by 2 TD's. Our players understand the significance of this game with recruiting and a prime time abc game at a rebuilding ucla. 48-24