Eric Martin's tweet taking offense to Brock Huard's Nebraska prediction makes ESPN's CFB Live

I can do this all day as well...2010 South Dakota...

1. Nebraska didn't even prepare or practice for this team and the utterly flat performance demonstrates this.

2. You can't say with a straight face that if Nebraska put forth 100% effort in this game that they wouldn't have won by 70+.

Hell we smashed a "tough" Washington team early in the season only to lose to them in the bowl game.

Are you saying that South Dakota has talent equal to or better than Washington?

No, I'm saying this team has a history that goes back several seasons of not properly preparing for an opponent. Has nothing to do with the opponent, it has everything to do with our team, and most often, what's between their ears.

• Fire 1

(Assuming of course we can go undefeated at home.)

:wacko:

That's kind of a big assumption, isn't it?

Assumption...certainly. Big...debatable.

Southern Miss

Wisconsin

Michigan

Penn State

How is it not a big assumption that we win all of these? Keep in mind that I certainly do expect to win some of them . . . I just don't know how someone could assume that we will win them all.

Wasn't Brock the one who complained that Peter and Wistrom were intentionally trying to hurt him (twisting ankles, etc.) during the 1997 game in Seattle? I remember something like that coming up with Huard saying that him being injured was the only reason NU was able to win. I guess the 55-7 drubbing the next year in Lincoln dispelled that theory.

That was Chad May. Well, maybe it was both of them, but I specifically remember Chad May accusing Christian Peter of trying to gouge his eyes.

You are both right, May was complaining about eye gouging..........but in the case of Huard, he kept on B**ching to the DL to stop hitting him by the 2nd quarter in Seattle. That was a fun game.

I can do this all day as well...2010 South Dakota...

1. Nebraska didn't even prepare or practice for this team and the utterly flat performance demonstrates this.

2. You can't say with a straight face that if Nebraska put forth 100% effort in this game that they wouldn't have won by 70+.

Hell we smashed a "tough" Washington team early in the season only to lose to them in the bowl game.

Are you saying that South Dakota has talent equal to or better than Washington?

No, I'm saying this team has a history that goes back several seasons of not properly preparing for an opponent. Has nothing to do with the opponent, it has everything to do with our team, and most often, what's between their ears.

That is not the team, it's piss poor coaching and that is why the players didn't' take the game seriously. Why should they if the coaches don't? The team takes on the personality of their head coach and hopefully Bo has finally learned that you can't overlook anyone.

People are respecting UCLA (not scared of, respecting) because of:

2010 Alamo Bowl

2011 Fresno State

2011 Northwestern

Three games against inferior opponents that we should have had no trouble with, which instead turned out to be embarrassing losses or a close victory.

If this team was routinely putting away the Washingtons of the world rather than taking two out of three, there wouldn't be any concern about UCLA. Instead, we're left with the real possibility of the Huskers laying an egg.

I'm not saying that we don't or shouldn't respect UCLA, because realistically they will be a pretty decent team, but a lot of people are talking like these guy's are a juggernaut, and that we have very little to no chance of beating them. I understand that no game is a guarantee, but the pessimism being spewed about because of a low-end Pac-12 team is a little unsettling. Do we really have this little confidence?

2010 Alamo Bowl

2011 Fresno State

2011 Northwestern

Three games against inferior opponents that we should have had no trouble with, which instead turned out to be embarrassing losses or a close victory.

If this team was routinely putting away the Washingtons of the world rather than taking two out of three, there wouldn't be any concern about UCLA. Instead, we're left with the real possibility of the Huskers laying an egg.

I'm not saying that we don't or shouldn't respect UCLA, because realistically they will be a pretty decent team, but a lot of people are talking like these guy's are a juggernaut, and that we have very little to no chance of beating them. I understand that no game is a guarantee, but the pessimism being spewed about because of a low-end Pac-12 team is a little unsettling. Do we really have this little confidence?

You are completely missing the point about what I'm saying. UCLA is not a juggernaut. The 2010 Washington Huskies were not a juggernaut. The 2011 Fresno State Bulldogs were not a juggernaut. The 2011 Northwestern Wildcats were not a juggernaut. In fact, they were all very much the opposite. But they were completely irrelevant to the win/loss that happened that day.

What was relevant was what was happening between the ears of our players. THAT is the problem, and it doesn't matter who the opponent is. The reason UCLA is a threat is because they are not completely inept. They have talent. We could blow them out or we could lose to them, and it's a coin flip as to which it will be, based on our own behavior in the recent past.

UCLA is not a juggernaut. The 2010 Washington Huskies were not a juggernaut. The 2011 Fresno State Bulldogs were not a juggernaut. The 2011 Northwestern Wildcats were not a juggernaut. In fact, they were all very much the opposite.

IMO there are big differences between those teams/games though, and I don't see UCLA as comparable to Fresno or Northwestern. I'm going to ignore the bowl game against Washington. I feel like the circumstances of that game aren't comparable to the others, but that's just my opinion. They would have gained things beating Fresno State (by more) and beating Northwestern. The Holiday Bowl... sorry, I could have seen any team no matter how well they were coached losing that game.

Anyhow, Washington and UCLA are respected programs. Northwestern and Fresno State are not. We're also playing UCLA on the road. I think it will be easy for the players to get excited to play them, just like they were excited for Washington in 2010. I'm excited for the game against UCLA. I was excited for the game against Washington. I wasn't excited for Northwestern or Fresno State or the Washington bowl game. The players need to stop acting like fans :P

I remember a very good Nebraska team playing in Pasadena in 1993 and squeaking out a 14-13 come-from-behind win against an 8-3 UCLA squad. The second this team underestimates UCLA and/or isn't prepared, they will lose. Simple as that.

That said, they absolutely have the tools to get the win out there.

I don't see why people are worrying about UCLA. This is the program that petitioned the NCAA to go to a bowl game with a losing record before they even played Oregon in the PAC 12 Championship game last year. Talk about a show of confidence in your team...

UCLA is weak right now. They might have some talent, but they're weak overall.

UCLA is also not going to be the letdown game of 2012. It's our first road game, in Pasadena, it's our first game against a big name so it's a "prove that we're for real" game, like Washington in 2010, and it's our second game overall, which means that our players will be focused after making all of their first week mistakes against Southern Miss. I know that Fresno State was our second game last year, but I don't view that game as a letdown - I view that game as the moment our mediocre 2011 defense got exposed.

If you want to worry about a letdown game, it's the week after UCLA. Arkansas State = poor name recognition, Sun Belt conference, and if we just came off a big road win against the defending PAC 12 south champs, people will be feeling good about where the team is. And then a team that finished in the top 25 last year and now has Gus Malzahn as their head coach comes to Lincoln, where Pelini's players have generally been less focused in non-conference games than when they're on the road.

I think if we trip up in the non-conference schedule next year, it's going to be Arkansas State.

2010 Alamo Bowl

2011 Fresno State

2011 Northwestern

I think the players should respect them, and every opponent for that matter. But as a fan I don't respect them, they are garbage and it will be a blowout

knapplc is right. Consistency and playing down to our opponents has been an issue here recently. Until they prove otherwise it's a concern to have. Which team(s) will it be this year?

Hopefully none of them, but you're right.

I remember a very good Nebraska team playing in Pasadena in 1993 and squeaking out a 14-13 come-from-behind win against an 8-3 UCLA squad. The second this team underestimates UCLA and/or isn't prepared, they will lose. Simple as that.

That said, they absolutely have the tools to get the win out there.

Excellent example. I was at that game and we got a good first look at the pre-felon L.P................