It's O.K. to expect the best!

As a Nebraska fan I find it irritating when fans are down on Nebraska. No matter the season, no matter the level of talent, no matter what I think the football teams realistic capabilities are and despite how I might express that to others, when I sit down to watch a game I expect Nebraska to win it. No matter the fo. Call me unrealistic, call me a homer, call me delusional I still expect perfection. I think it's fine to have expectations of greatness every season. This is after all Nebraska and we should expect nothing less than the best every season.

Expectations I have for every season.

Win Every game.

Win the Conference Championship

Win the actual National Championship (not the mythical one)

A minimum of 1 all American team member.

A minimum of 3 all conference team members.

Humiliation of rivals and their fans.

Some of you may think this is too much to ask but like Steve Pedersen falsely claimed, I actually do refuse to accept mediocrity. So I'm never " happy" with a nine win season. I will admit it better than an 8 win season, but the only true happiness is winning them all.

• Fire 5

It's a matter of expectation versus desire. Every fan of any team wants the things you mentioned and I don't fault anyone for it. Given Nebraska's history you could even go so far as to say that, broadly speaking, you should expect those things to happen frequently however I'd say that there are only two or three fanbases that can reasonably expect those things this year as in they see them as being very likely to happen. None of those teams are in the Big Ten.

• Fire 1

I think 48% of Husker fans are 'Debbie Downers', 48% are drinking the red Kool-aid, 3% are constantly rational and even-keeled, and the other 2% Don't know how to do math properly.

I think I can fill 3 out of 4 of these categories by myself at any given time. :)

• Fire 1

There are four types of fans:

1) The ones who do their homework, think critically about the certain situation and make their own deductions

2) The ones who wont be satisfied until we win every game by 80 points, we are running the option, and Jason Peter is our head football coach

3) The Bo can do no wrong crowd

4) The Bo can do no right crowd.

1) The ones who do their homework, think critically about the certain situation and make their own deductions

2) The ones who wont be satisfied until we win every game by 80 points, we are running the option, and Jason Peter is our head football coach

I think #2 and #4 might be the same people.

I think #2 and #4 might be the same people.

Probably could have grouped them together.

There's also the kind that constantly bitch about people constantly bitching.

• Fire 4

Hahahaha. Yes! Plus 1 to that! You just described 95% of the people here with one great sentence.

Hey, down in front!

• Fire 1

As a Nebraska fan I find it irritating when fans are down on Nebraska. No matter the season, no matter the level of talent, no matter what I think the football teams realistic capabilities are and despite how I might express that to others, when I sit down to watch a game I expect Nebraska to win it. No matter the fo. Call me unrealistic, call me a homer, call me delusional I still expect perfection. I think it's fine to have expectations of greatness every season. This is after all Nebraska and we should expect nothing less than the best every season.

Win Every game.

Some of you may think this is too much to ask but like Steve Pedersen falsely claimed, I actually do refuse to accept mediocrity. So I'm never " happy" with a nine win season. I will admit it better than an 8 win season, but the only true happiness is winning them all.

Yes it is okay to expect the best. But if the only way you derive true happiness is from Nebraska winning all their games then you're rarely going to be happy. If winning all the games were easy we'd be Boise State.

• Fire 2

Win Every game.

You be drinking the red Kool-Aid, that's for sure brotha. :koolaid2:

That's quite a list. Have all these things ever actually happened for a Husker team before? Certainly not in my lifetime. Even the mighty '94 Huskers almost suffered a home loss to Wyoming of all teams. Ended up winnign by 10. And the '95 squad--maybe the best football team of all time--got a bit of a scare from Washington St. We didn't exactly humiliate those two mediocre teams.

• Fire 1

Win Every game.

You be drinking the red Kool-Aid, that's for sure brotha. :koolaid2:

That's quite a list. Have all these things ever actually happened for a Husker team before? Certainly not in my lifetime. Even the mighty '94 Huskers almost suffered a home loss to Wyoming of all teams. Ended up winnign by 10. And the '95 squad--maybe the best football team of all time--got a bit of a scare from Washington St. We didn't exactly humiliate those two mediocre teams.

Actually he said humiliate rivals and their fans. Neither of the two games you mentioned were against a rival.

• Fire 2