2012 Summer Olympics - London Games

knapplc

I guess the big deal is that no one can remember something like this happening before at the Olympics. Personally, if you've been that dominant in your sport, I think you're allowed to flaunt it. In fact, I'd be a little disappointed if you didn't.

Track and Field stars, especially the sprinters, have no shortage of hubris. Hard to say if this is too much.

In other news:

Wayne Drehs@espnWD

Burroughs will wrestle for gold at 7:50 p.m. London time (1:50 p.m. Nebraska time) against Iran's Sadegh Goudarzi.

Wayne Drehs@espnWD

Burroughs beat Gourdarzi in the finals at last year's Worlds, 3-2, 4-1. Coach Mark Manning said we haven't seen Burroughs' best here yet.

I think he was talking about the REAL Nebraska, not you tag-alongs out west. Why don't you people secede and join Wyoming already? Hicks!

I kid because I love.

:lol: Surprisingly (or maybe unsurprisingly), I know some people that actually think that's a good idea.

are there ways to test negitive when in fact you are doping? I find it surprising that any athlete would dope and risk the publicity of getting caught. I really don't know the in and out of how illegal drugs can get overlooked but it seems to me that they are rigid anti doping measure in place.

I think he was talking about the REAL Nebraska, not you tag-alongs out west. Why don't you people secede and join Wyoming already? Hicks!

I kid because I love.

:lol: Surprisingly (or maybe unsurprisingly), I know some people that actually think that's a good idea.

I don't. We'd have to give up carhenge- the #2 wackiest landmark.

I wouldn't say "offended." I might have rolled my eyes a little bit.

It's not a lot different than the guys who win major professional championships. They believe they're pretty hot stuff. There are, on every championship team, people who fully believe they deserved to win.

I can't argue with it. In this case they are pretty hot stuff.

Lest we forget, this is the guy who trained Burroughs. Tenacity. Never say die.

Mark "The Mangler" Manning, who was right there in the gym when Jordan won gold:

By the way, if I understand scoring correctly, Burroughs gave up one point... in the entire Olympics.