2012 Summer Olympics - London Games

knapplc

I'm worried about knapp. The US women's volleyball take silver. But he hasn't mentioned a word about it since.

Perhaps he threw his computer through his TV...

I was at a family gathering making massive amounts of pizza. Everything turned out OK - but what the heck happened to the US Women's Volleyball team? I couldn't watch it, of course, because NBC is allergic to showing things live, but the way they cruised through the first game you would think they would be able to take three out of five. I'm baffled.

Silver is nothing to sneeze at. But with this roster, they should have taken gold. No doubt about that.

I'm worried about knapp. The US women's volleyball take silver. But he hasn't mentioned a word about it since.

Perhaps he threw his computer through his TV...

I was at a family gathering making massive amounts of pizza. Everything turned out OK - but what the heck happened to the US Women's Volleyball team? I couldn't watch it, of course, because NBC is allergic to showing things live, but the way they cruised through the first game you would think they would be able to take three out of five. I'm baffled.

Silver is nothing to sneeze at. But with this roster, they should have taken gold. No doubt about that.

At least the women's team won a medal. The men's team didn't even do that

that was some sh**ty coverage by NBC. I freakin wait all day, not looking at anything on the net, so that I could "watch" the game tonight and then they cover the entire thing in 20 minutes. They show most of set one then suddenly fast forward to late set four, with the US down 2-1. Brazil must be awesome, how could anyone beat a team with Larson and Hooker? I guess because NBC knew the outcome they would spare us the gory details. I think the US women deserved better then that.

The short version is Brazil wasn't playing well in the first set and the US was. It then flip flopped and never changed. The US started making mistakes and Brazil was capitalizing on them. We just looked confused and out of it after the first set.

I think it was one of those mental lows at the worst possible time.

and then they played the entire S.Korea/Japan match. I also thought the US men 4X100 were impressive in their silver. I don't understand why Jamica can use Bolt in the finals but not the qualifier, but still it was a great race to watch.

The US did a lot of that in relays as well. It's a small risk to take, letting your top sprinters concentrate on individual races and not overuse them, and qualify with your next best runners. You qualify as a team, just like other team sports. We weren't required to play James, Durant, Bryant, etc, to advance in basketball (even though they did play, of course), as long as the team we fielded won. It wasn't the whoever/whoever/Blake/Bolt team, it was the Jamaica team with their choice of who to run each relay.

I couldn't believe the volleyball finals coverage either. If you aren't going to show much at all in prime time, then show it live.

Closing ceremony is...interesting. Definitely British, especially around the beginning. It feels like it's getting "better" as it goes on, though I can't say I really agree with making it feel so much like a concert.

Edit - And yeah, NBC's TV coverage hasn't been good. It doesn't matter to me because I can pretty much surround myself with live feeds. But I'm sure it sucks for a lot of people.

That's right...we live in 'merica, the land of the free and the home of the whopper baby!!!

As a guy who works for a company in which I have to show Engineers from China, Japan and Singapore how we do things here(in excruciating detail) on a monthly basis so they can copy it, I am very pleased at the ass-whoopin' the US put on the world. If only we could find someone to beat Usian Bolt...

USA

Gold 46

Silver 29

Bronze 29

Total 104

CHN

Gold 38

Silver 27

Bronze 22

Total 87

Suck it China. Despite your shady practices in developing athletes and your huge population you still lose to the US.

Most Golds by 12

Most Silvers by 2

Only Russia had more Bronze

More Golds than all but three other countries had total medals

USA!