Nebraska's Wide Receivers

I think we know that Bell and Enunwa will be the starting X and Y's, but there's questions after that.

Who will see the field more at the slot position: Marlowe or Turner? Will Turner step it up at all this year?

Without touching the kool-aid, is it reasonable to expect Kenny Bell to have an even better year in 2012? He played extremely well in 2011.

Will Westernkamp see the field at all? Or is a redshirt in his future?

Enunwa, for how fantastic he was when targeted, didn't get targeted even close to enough. Will that change this year?

How do you guys see the receiving core playing out?

Turner better get snaps over Marlowe.

Turner better try earning some snaps over Marlowe.

Turner has mentioned in an interview that game has gotten much EASIER for him now. He looks back on film shaking his head now when looking at his techniques, route running, assignments, etc. I expect him to be a great contributor to the team. The young man has crazy moves, gotta get him the ball.

I really hope Westerkamp redshirts. I dont think he needs to but our future as a program looks more promising than this season. We need to win this season, but we have some talent in front him, and i would love to hear Stanton to Westerkamp for three years.

i have to agree... i think the flower has bloomed to a certain degree at the receiver spot (mainly because the "trap" players are gone... niles, kinnie.) no need to jump the gun on westerkamp yet. with that said, i can see him coming in and taking jobs against his teammates' will.

We have perhaps the best Wide Receiver corps at Nebraska right now than I have ever seen - ON PAPER. We'll see how that translates to on-field production, but at least on the roster, they look really good:

Marlowe, Tim - Sr.

Enunwa, Quincy - Jr.

Bell, Kenny - So.

Turner, Jamal - So.

Allen, Taariq - RFr.

Westerkamp, Jordan - Fr.

I have confidence in Marlowe, Enunwa and Bell. I have high hopes for Turner and that is based on the eyeball test from the 2011 Spring Game and a bit of what he did last year as a true freshman. I have no reason to believe that Allen can't be successful, and the football world is agog over Westerkampstache.

I would put the depth chart like this:

1: Bell,Westercamp,

2: Enunwa,Allen,

3:Turner,Marlowe,

My one issue with our WR corp, is we dont have a ton of size... Allen and Enunwa will help with 6'2 and 6'3 size... But Bell, Westercamp, turner and Marlowe are all more speed/slant guys which doesnt give as big of a target for a more inaccurate QB.

I am not a Marlowe guy... I think Turner should see a ton of reps there this year... SIMPLE AS THAT!

I would put the depth chart like this:

1: Bell,Westercamp,

2: Enunwa,Allen,

3:Turner,Marlowe,

My one issue with our WR corp, is we dont have a ton of size... Allen and Enunwa will help with 6'2 and 6'3 size... But Bell, Westercamp, turner and Marlowe are all more speed/slant guys which doesnt give as big of a target for a more inaccurate QB.

I am not a Marlowe guy... I think Turner should see a ton of reps there this year... SIMPLE AS THAT!

Well it's a good thing we'll have a very accurate QB this year!