Big Ten Media Days

How is Taylor not one our 3 reps?

He didn't want to go.

Why?

That is something I do not know.

I could speculate that it has something to do with his reticence in front of microphones, or that he just got back from the Manning Camp and has work to do here, but that's pure speculation.

Reed, Compton and Burkhead are three exceedingly good guys in front of the cameras, so perhaps that was a factor.

Gonna throw out some Bo quotes, from our friends via twitter. Doing this fast, so apologies that the formatting will be messed up...

Nebraska Huskers ‏@Huskers

#Huskers @BoPelini is making his way to the #B1GFootball Podium. Once again, fans can watch live at @BigTenNetwork, BTN2GO, or @ESPNU.

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC

Pelini: Since our bowl game last yr ... we've tried to do a lot of things outside of the box.

.@BoPelini says #Huskers have "upped" their level of responsibility and detail during the off season."Time to take it to another level."

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip

Increase accountability. Focus on attention to detail. Those are the '#Huskers areas of focus, Pelini tells writers in Chicago.

CornFed Sports ‏@CornFedSports

Pelini says since bowl game, theme for program has been "Doing things out of the box" + upping accountability and attn. to detail

If a Penn State player sought to transfer to Nebraska, Pelini and his staff would take a look at that player, he said.

Robin Washut Robin Washut ‏@RobinWashut

Bo Pelini said NU not actively pursuing PSU players, but not ruling out if players were interested in reaching out to #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip

As far as pursuing Penn State players, Pelini said "we're not actively pursuing" any of them.

Brian Christopherson Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC

Pelini: We're not actively pursuing any Penn State players. #Huskers

.@BoPelini: "We're not actively pursuing any PSU players...we're focus on our own team...But you never say never."

Pelini: No surprises in first year in Big Ten. But having familiarity with teams "will help us going into year two."

Pelini on "surprises" of competing in first year in #B1G: "It's one thing to see it [teams] on film...it's another thing to live it."

"I was very impressed with the depth (in Big Ten)," Pelini said.

Samuel McKewon ‏@swmckewonOWH

Bo Pelini said he's not looking forward to Ohio State homecoming more than any other game. #huskers

Pelini: "I think our players came out of it knowing we're going to be challenged week in and week out," after 1st year in #B1G.. #Huskers

Tom Dienhart ‏@BTNTomDienhart

Pelini seems unmoved by the specter of playing at his alma mater Ohio State this season. #B1GFootball

Pelini on returning to coach vs. OSU.: "I don't look forward to that game than any other game." But added players will enjoy playing

Pelini said competitive balance between divisions was good. Who could have foreseen the developments at OSU and PSU, he asks.

Bo: "My expectations for Taylor are high... I think his best football is ahead of him, I think he's had a tremendous offseason." #Huskers

Pelini on Burkhead: "I wouldn't trade him for another player in the country."

Dan Hoppen ‏@danhoppen

Bo said he wouldn't trade Rex Burkhead for another player in the country.

Pelini on Rex: Praised as football player but "he's a definition of what a role model is and what a student-athlete should be."

"(Burkhead) lived up to every expectation we had for him when we recruited him," Pelini said. It doesn't always work that way, he added.

Pelini said experience in the secondary will help. Plus, "I think we have a solid front seven coming back."

Joslyn Dalton ‏@JozDalt

Recruiting at #Nebraska - "You look at our roster and you'll see a lot of states represented." @BoPelini @Huskers

Pat Harty ‏@PatHarty

Think I saw Nebraska coach Bo Pelini flash a smile, but still trying to get confirmation.

Pat Harty covers Iowa Hawkeyes for an Iowa City paper. M

Thanks!

I wish, when he was asked about going to play at OSU, that he would have been more honest, now, maybe he was being honest, maybe he is just that much different than myself. But you think he would have said something like "Yeah, it will be cool, I have not been back there for a long time, back when I was that super athletic safety that dominated the game" wait for laugh..."but yeah, it will be really fun to go back there"

I am not nitpicking, trust me, It just seems like that would be most peoples type of reaction so like I said, maybe it is just that he is very different from me.