Big Ten Media Days

Just started.

so that earlier rundown was not real? fooled me.

That was not the TV presser. That was for print and radio.

so it was real. i honestly was not sure if that was you just answering for bo or not. he really said 'heckuva' that many times?

Ah, no. Sorry about that.

The twitter stuff was real - actual tweets about Bo's non-televised presser. What was on just now was the TV presser, the one with Bo and the players at the big table.

The "transcript" I posted this AM was a spoof based on Bo's typical keywords.

Just started.

so it was real. i honestly was not sure if that was you just answering for bo or not. he really said 'heckuva' that many times?

The twitter stuff was real - actual tweets about Bo's non-televised presser. What was on just now was the TV presser, the one with Bo and the players at the big table.

you're too good knapplc, you managed to confuse me twice.

Some more stuff from the local media. Side note - you could hear Bo talking in the background for about ten minutes before he actually sat down at the table with Burkhead, Compton and Reed. I think most of this stuff came from that chit-chat with the press:

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC

Some nuts and bolts from Bo: He says D-tackles Rome, Thad Randle, K. Williams and Todd Peat are all ready to go and have been for weeks.

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa

Pelini also said OG Jake Cotton (knee) is 100% healthy now, too

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip

At least 1 thing is clear from Pelini: He expects Martinez to have very good year. He isn't shy about saying it. Experience is huge part.

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa

O-Line notes from Bo: Andrew Rodriguez will begin camp at tackle; Jake Cotton's a guard; No center snaps for Jeremiah Sirles #Huskers

Robin Washut ‏@RobinWashut

Pelini on Martinez: "From my experience, usually when a guy’s that committed and puts in that type of work, he usually reaps the benefits."

Could it be that he's a Junior and the three that went are Seniors?

Who knows. Your guess is as good as mine, and I wouldn't read too much into the fact that these three are here and Taylor isn't. Very minor issue in my book.

At one time in history the only guys to go to Media days were Srs. I think that changed with BC but that could be wrong. I don't remember who's gone each year but its usually the Srs that seem to stick out in my mind.

Just started.

It actually was on ESPN knapp. Those tweets are from a televised conference.

Some more Twitter gems:

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa

Braylon Heard will be a 2-way player. RB 1st, it appears. Said Pelini: If Heard's workload is too much, they'll limit his role on defense

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa

We never did ask Bo Pelini about Aaron Green's decision to transfer. Pelini said Green "fully knew where he stood & what the options were"

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC

About those D-tackles, who sat out the spring, Bo said: "They've been full go through the summertime, really since the beginning of May."

Jon Nyatawa@JonNyatawa

Pelini said NU is waiting on paperwork from the NCAA regarding the eligibility of LB signees Jared Afalava & Thomas Brown

Pelini said he believes LB signees Jared Afalava and Thomas Brown will be cleared, but NU is still waiting on paperwork from NCAA. #Huskers

Heard will work at RB, but also still a little at nickel "in specialized roles," Pelini said.

"Right now we're planning on using him a little on the defensive side of the football, but obviously we don't want to spread him too thin."

"If he's getting overworked, then the place where we limit him would be on the defensive side," Pelini said of Heard. #Huskers

Bo on Charles Jackson: "How mature he is, how he handles transition in the practice? We'll see. But on the surface he's a talented young man

Bo on A Green's transfer: "He fully knew where he stood and what the options were & he decided it was his best place to play somewhere else"

"Have at it," Bo continued. "I want guys that want to be here and are here for the right reasons......"

"I don't want guarantees. You got to earn your way in our program. ... I wish Aaron luck. He's a tremendous young man....

"But as it turned out, it was probably better off that he went somewhere else."

Pelinis Presser should be Interesting! I have time to watch it today. Press: Bo how has Taylor done over the Summer? Bo: Taylor has made great improvements! Press: Bo what do you see needing to Improve this year? Bo: Every thing needs to improve for us to win games! Press: With you losing 3 starters that were drafted last year, how do you see your Defense playing! Bo: It is a learning curve and they have worked really hard over the summer! Press: Bo one of your players tweeted alot this summer and it looked like he was Starving? Can you make any comments on that? Bo: That player was taken care of! I mean, Let me explain! Press storms out of room and rushs to the printers that Nebraska has a national scandal going on! Only reporter that hangs back is Sipple!

Akita! Where have you been?

I was put in time out for my actions on this site! I take full responsibility for it! I want to apologize to all my fans for making the decision that I made! I cannot promise though that it will not happen again! As Football Saturdays and alchohol mix! I might just get back on this thread and type away again! I will have to accept the consequences of my actions if I take that path!