2012 schedule W/L

I hope we win them all. But my prediction is that Ohio St. will beat us by a couple scores. Urban has the upper hand in that coaching matchup. He'll figure out some ways to burn Bo. We will probably suffer a terrible loss to Michigan in our house. I am not looking forward to it, but again, that coach is a superior coach. Bo has also proven that his defenses have a hard time with mobile QB's. Best thing that could happen is if we keep it close, and keep our home crowd involved. Then you never know. But knowing our Nebraska crowd, we will get down by two touchdowns and that will be the end of it. Please prove me wrong. I also see Wisconsin getting the better of us. We have to prove we can stop the run before I will reverse my thinking on that . Last year we were not very good against the run at all. We have a new defensive line coach, and quite frankly, the only guys that have any experience on our defensive front, didn't do anything to impress me last year. I hope we get some young guys some time up front and I hope they are some badasses.

Go Big Red! It's just around the corner. Time to man up or shut the f#*k up!

I don't look at it game by game I look at segments.

Based on the schedule I see:

We sweep the OOC

We split the Wisconsin/Ohio State series

We split the Michigan State/Michigan series

Now we should win the rest that would put us at 10-2.

That said, if we have a significant injury issue or haven't fixed the mistakes that have plagued us against weak teams the past few years we easily could lose to either Penn State or Minnesota which would put us at 9-3.

I really don't see a way we lose more than 3 games this year barring catastrophic injury either to an irreplaceable player like Martinez or Burkhead (like we had against A&M) or a massive number of injuries that decimate a key position almost entirely (like what happened to our DT's against Northwestern). I just don't see an ISU type game happening again.

In what world is 9-4 the best case scenario?... If you don't think we could win at least 10 games in the regular season as a best case scenario, that's being incredibly pessimistic IMO.

And IMO, you are being unrealistic if you think this team will win more than 9. I predict them to win 8 this year. Let's wait til the end of the season and see how it all played out.

Next year should be better; I am hoping for a double-digit win total and a Top 10 finish.

In what world is 9-4 the best case scenario?... If you don't think we could win at least 10 games in the regular season as a best case scenario, that's being incredibly pessimistic IMO.

And IMO, you are being unrealistic if you think this team will win more than 9. I predict them to win 8 this year. Let's wait til the end of the season and see how it all played out.

Next year should be better; I am hoping for a double-digit win total and a Top 10 finish.

It's totally realistic to expect a 10 plus win season! If it wasn't then expecting progress is unrealistic! 9 last year. Progress as far as wins and losses equates to at least one more win. 9+1 equals ten! Maybe you using the word "unrealistic" has set me off. I realistically expect us to be better this year! An not better by means of not getting blown out in our losses. I expect better as in better outcomes. I've been on record saying we get to 11 wins this year! And the closer we get to the season and the more I read about this team, the more I think we may be in for a special season! GBR!

I won't scorn you for having that view, but to say, "9 wins is the absolute best that Nebraska can possibly do this year even if everything falls in their favor." Which is essentially what you said. I will be honest, I am realistically predicting a 10-win season with the potential to only win 8 or win as many as all 12 in the regular season. I will hold my official judgments for a few weeks into the season, but I like most everything I am hearing out of fall camp.

I won't scorn you for having that view, but to say, "9 wins is the absolute best that Nebraska can possibly do this year even if everything falls in their favor." Which is essentially what you said. I will be honest, I am realistically predicting a 10-win season with the potential to only win 8 or win as many as all 12 in the regular season. I will hold my official judgments for a few weeks into the season, but I like most everything I am hearing out of fall camp.

IF EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE meaning the team plays better overall and we get a few lucky breaks, etc. (which happens to every team).....BEST CASE: 11-1. No way the best case is 9-3....no way.

BEST CASE: 11-1. No way the best case is 9-3....no way.

So just curious, if best case scenario is 11-1, what is the one team that we absolutely have no chance to beat? I don't think we have one of those on our schedule personally.

The team I am most worried about honestly....is Ohio St. NOW, they will not be a 12-0 team this year, but they will be a force. I see 2-3 losses in Urban's first year, after that....I am a bit worried that they may become a solid powerhouse with Braxton becoming a junior/senior. At Ohio St doesn't bode well for the Huskers. I am really glad we were able to beat them in our first year in the BIG10. They remind me and portray the Texas of the BIG10....a must beat team even if they were having a down year.

If we drop 2....it is coming from Ohio St. and either MICH or Michigan St.

If we lose to Michigan St....it will be because NEB crapped their pants and didn't play to their potential. OR....Michigan St got plenty of lucky breaks that went their way. Michigan St's defense will carry them this season, yet I see NEB being the #2 Legends Division leader this season...hell, NEB may surprise me and take the lead in the Legends Division, specifically if the Huskers only drop 1 game....

I've stated this months ago and I still stand by my word....this team will surprise some people, but not me. I predict no greater than 2 losses in the regular season for the Huskers. This will be Bo's best fielded Husker team thus far. It's all coming together for this team and I smell great things. Aaand it smells terrific!

• Fire 2

It's totally realistic to expect a 10 plus win season! If it wasn't then expecting progress is unrealistic! 9 last year. Progress as far as wins and losses equates to at least one more win. 9+1 equals ten! Maybe you using the word "unrealistic" has set me off. I realistically expect us to be better this year! An not better by means of not getting blown out in our losses. I expect better as in better outcomes. I've been on record saying we get to 11 wins this year! And the closer we get to the season and the more I read about this team, the more I think we may be in for a special season! GBR!

I disagree. While it is logical to expect progress on a yearly basis, it isn't realistic to expect it this year, based on everything I've seen, read, and heard. The schedule this year is really tough, IMO. I am one of the few who thinks that Southern Miss has a legit shot at at upset. I also think it's totally possible for the Huskers to have 5 straight losses in the middle of the season. I'm sticking with my opinion, that nine wins is the best-case scenario. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see!

Going through the schedule only shows you the two games we all know we have a very small chance in. Everyone should account for the inevitable upset loss or two, and add at least one loss to their prediction. 9-3, at the absolute best.

No, not all of us think that way. Go ahead and say what you want, we should be in every game this year.

You're right...NU can and should be in every game this year. But everyone knows by now that we find a way to defy that logic at least three games a year.

I disagree. While it is logical to expect progress on a yearly basis, it isn't realistic to expect it this year, based on everything I've seen, read, and heard. The schedule this year is really tough, IMO. I am one of the few who thinks that Southern Miss has a legit shot at at upset. I also think it's totally possible for the Huskers to have 5 straight losses in the middle of the season. I'm sticking with my opinion, that nine wins is the best-case scenario. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see!

It isn't realistic to expect 5 straight losses either. Unless you believe that every team got better but us, and Bill Callahan is taking the program back over. The Pelini 9 win baseline that we've established has been done with worse teams and harder schedules. It's almost a certainty that MSU and Wisconsin will regress, unless you believe that both are going to replace the best QB's in school history with someone better.

In fact, every thing you said was based solely on opinion, with nothing of substance or fact to base that on, yet you claim it's more "realistic" than someone elses opinion. Saying a best possible scenario with all the right breaks is 9 wins, while also saying it's possible for us to lose 5 straight goes against every precedent and trend. I'd take that bet any day of the week.

It isn't realistic to expect 5 straight losses either. Unless you believe that every team got better but us, and Bill Callahan is taking the program back over. The Pelini 9 win baseline that we've estblished has been done with worse teams and harder schedules. It's almost a certainty that MSU and Wisconsin will regress, unless you believe that both are going to replace the best QB's in school history with someone better.

In fact, every thing you said was based solely on opinion, with nothing of substance or fact to base that on, yet you claim it's more "realistic" than someone elses opinion. Saying a best possible scenarion with all the right breaks is 9 wins, while also saying it's possible for us to lose 5 straight goes against every precedent and trend. I'd take that bet any day of the week.

:yeah