Starting Lineup guesswork

knapplc

I can't imagine Fisher locking down a starting spot or a blackshirt if he's not come back in a big way. My memory-glimpses of him from last season are usually obscured by the memory of my hand slamming into my face.

That said, hope he's healthy and lives up to his promise, else it's gotta be one of the young guys.

I just can't believe Caveman won't be the starter. We want Pressure? Get him on the field.

I don't get it. Why is this hard to believe? Did Martin get more than a few special packages last year? Has he ever shown anything more than some nice energy on the field, particularly in ST? I know he is a fan favorite and for a good reason, but I did not think he was an expected starter. At the very least the competition for that other DE spots should be plentiful.

I just can't believe Caveman won't be the starter. We want Pressure? Get him on the field.

I don't get it. Why is this hard to believe? Did Martin get more than a few special packages last year? Has he ever shown anything more than some nice energy on the field, particularly in ST? I know he is a fan favorite and for a good reason, but I did not think he was an expected starter. At the very least the competition for that other DE spots should be plentiful.

I can't believe you're asking this. Well, anyways.....Caveman hasn't played much but when he has the attempt to attack is fully there. I can't say that about "any" other DE we have.

Oh Ciante Evans, where have you gone?

I saw the name 'Evans' a lot last year...it was the name on the back of the jersey of the player chasing after the receiver/ball carrier that constantly beat him.

I'm not sure which name we saw more, Evans or Thorell... But I'm still willing to give Ciante a chance to become what we all thought he would be following the 2010 Missouri game, especially since he has been named by many of the coaches as the most improved player. Regardless, I think Charles Jackson is the nickelback of the future.

I agree with many on here. I don't think Fisher will be the starter after a few games. I think Zaire will end up taking his spot. I don't think he was brought in to sit on the bench.

However, I do think we need to put him in against Ohio St...he did end up making the most important tackle of last year's game after all.

9/1 vs. Southern Miss

QB - Taylor Martinez

RB- Rex Burkhead

FB - CJ Zimmerman

WR1 - Kenny Bell

WR2 - Quincy Enunwa

WR3 - Tim Marlowe

TE - Ben Cotton/Kyler Reed

LT - Brent Qvale

LG - Seung Hoon Choi

C - Cole Pensick

RG - Spencer Long

RT - Jeremiah Sirles

DE - Cameron Meredith

DT - Baker Steinkuhler

DT - Chase Rome

DE - Jason Ankrah

LB - Sean Fisher

LB - Will Compton

LB - Alonzo Whaley

CB - Andrew Green

Nickelback - Ciante Evans

S - Daimion Stafford

S - PJ Smith

CB - Antonio Bell

10/20 vs. Northwestern (halfway through season)

QB - Taylor Martinez

RB - Rex Burkhead

FB - Mike Marrow

WR1 - Kenny Bell

WR2 - Quincy Enunwa

WR3 - Jamal Turner

TE - Kyler Reed/Ben Cotton

LT - Brent Qvale

LG - Seung Hoon Choi

C - Cole Pensick

RG - Spencer Long

RT - Andrew Rodriguez

DE - Cameron Meredith

DT - Baker Steinkuhler

DT - Thad Randle

DE - Jason Ankrah

LB- Zaire Anderson

LB - Will Compton

LB - Alonzo Whaley

CB - Andrew Green

NB - Charles Jackson

S - Daimion Stafford

S - PJ Smith

CB - Mo Seisay

9/1 vs. Southern Miss

QB - Taylor Martinez

RB- Rex Burkhead

FB - CJ Zimmerman

WR1 - Kenny Bell

WR2 - Quincy Enunwa

WR3 - Tim Marlowe

TE - Ben Cotton/Kyler Reed

LT - Brent Qvale

LG - Seung Hoon Choi

C - Cole Pensick

RG - Spencer Long

RT - Jeremiah Sirles

DE - Cameron Meredith

DT - Baker Steinkuhler

DT - Chase Rome

DE - Jason Ankrah

LB - Sean Fisher

LB - Will Compton

LB - Alonzo Whaley

CB - Andrew Green

Nickelback - Ciante Evans

S - Daimion Stafford

S - PJ Smith

CB - Antonio Bell

10/20 vs. Northwestern (halfway through season)

QB - Taylor Martinez

RB - Rex Burkhead

FB - Mike Marrow

WR1 - Kenny Bell

WR2 - Quincy Enunwa

WR3 - Jamal Turner

TE - Kyler Reed/Ben Cotton

LT - Brent Qvale

LG - Seung Hoon Choi

C - Cole Pensick

RG - Spencer Long

RT - Andrew Rodriguez

DE - Cameron Meredith

DT - Baker Steinkuhler

DT - Thad Randle

DE - Jason Ankrah

LB- Zaire Anderson

LB - Will Compton

LB - Alonzo Whaley

CB - Andrew Green

NB - Charles Jackson

S - Daimion Stafford

S - PJ Smith

CB - Mo Seisay

You could potentially be spot on the money here.

Wish we'd shirt Carter, he'll be good depth this season, could be a good starter next season.

Wondering who will be the dime guy, Blatchford? Ciante move over and CJ plays nickel?

As far as Hagg and the peso go the idea was to get Hagg out there but at the same time we were in a spread-happy con where the Peso fits anyway.

Fisher was really hurting last season, don't know if he'll keep his job but he should get the benefit of the doubt. Hope it goes very well, he should get a medical hardship year if he applies. If Zaire or maybe Santos is looking really good wouldn't surprise me to see Whaley back at buck.

I'll be interested to see how the OT battles work out.

There's no denying Fisher's run defense was horrid last year. However, his pass coverage seemed pretty good to me the best I could tell. If he can continue to rebound from that brutal injury I would think his run support might come along just fine. Here's hoping anyways.....

I hope Fisher is much improved, but I still question his mobility due to his leg injury. He was frankly painful to watch at times last year. I stand by the premise that if Zaire and David can make moves on the depth chart, our LBs will be good to go.

Funny you should mention that. I saw Fisher at the coffee shop yesterday and he was still limping - barely, but noticeably. He had a pretty big injury and it's no surprise that it's taking him a while to come back from it. He may never (Matt Herian comes to mind), and that'll be a shame.

Otherwise Fisher looked lean. I can't say "mean" because he's such a baby-face.