Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

Could someone ellaborate on what the Facebook post was?

I'm assuming you're referring to what his GF put on her FB page, but this is what she put out there:

"Before the word gets down to Florida via internet and everyone attacks Tyler with questions, yes it is true for those of you who have heard..after battling, toughing things out, and making a VERY difficult decision..Tyler is coming home! As he has fulfilled his childhood dreams of playing for Nebraska, making a difference, and going down in history for being the first true freshman to start, its time for him to move on and expand his talent. He ISNT done with football and has a team or two in mind! Nebraska is a great school and has a great team and is for some guys but not for Tyler. His dream is to play for the Steelers or an NFL team someday and Lord willing he is going to make his dream come true. You can like it or not but i am VERY proud of my baby for making such a hard decision and his family and i support him a billon percent.. It would be nice if everyone else did too. Cant wait to see what his future has in store and prove the negative people wrong. Thank you to all the Husker fans who have supported him and dont want him to go, it means alot.. He will always be a Husker, its just time to open the doors back up to some new options and find his happiness and love for football with!!"

BULLSH!T!!

I'm assuming you're referring to what his GF put on her FB page, but this is what she put out there:

"Before the word gets down to Florida via internet and everyone attacks Tyler with questions, yes it is true for those of you who have heard..after battling, toughing things out, and making a VERY difficult decision..Tyler is coming home! As he has fulfilled his childhood dreams of playing for Nebraska, making a difference, and going down in history for being the first true freshman to start, its time for him to move on and expand his talent. He ISNT done with football and has a team or two in mind! Nebraska is a great school and has a great team and is for some guys but not for Tyler. His dream is to play for the Steelers or an NFL team someday and Lord willing he is going to make his dream come true. You can like it or not but i am VERY proud of my baby for making such a hard decision and his family and i support him a billon percent.. It would be nice if everyone else did too. Cant wait to see what his future has in store and prove the negative people wrong. Thank you to all the Husker fans who have supported him and dont want him to go, it means alot.. He will always be a Husker, its just time to open the doors back up to some new options and find his happiness and love for football with!!"

BULLSH!T!!

:facepalm:

BULLSH!T!!

:facepalm:

No aspeedlin.... Let them go (make asses out of themselves)

If Bo confirms that Moore has left, there will be a sh#tstorm in Huskerdom. He will have to answer questions about this. No getting around it with a guy with ties like this to the program.

It does seem likely that this would be a result of something that has built up over time with Moore. Would a guy quit the team so suddenly, for no legit reason? I doubt it.... You're right it has to go deeper....

Sounds like we got two conversations going.

1. Tyler and his troubles. If that facebook message is true--and I don't pray but I pray it is a fake, although I doubt it (it would be hard to pretend to be that stupid and not be caught immediately) then Tyler is out of his mind. But. . .

2. Barney Cotton is a contributing factor. I know this is the unsourced drama of all unsourced dramas right now, but when you hang around a message boards long enough you learn that there are actually a few people out there who are either connected to the program or connected to people who are. A lot of them are raining down hate on Barney. But for those of you who are unconvinced, people have been saying this about Barney since the day he was hired. Let's make it a little simpler: Name me the quality or track record of success that makes you think he is the best option to coach the line at Nebraska. I didn't realize our line was so stellar that we could afford to lose perhaps our most promising prospect as far as what his entire career would have meant for the line and for Nebraska. I must have been blind these last four years, because I remember a whole lot of mediocrity followed by more mediocrity. But good news. We're down two more prospects. I gather one was unavoidable, but this situation is very, very troubling.

So, you "know" Barney Cotton is a contributing factor due to internet rumors. Riiiiiiight. Oh yeah, I'm convinced now too.

Nope. It suggests that Barney is a contributing factor. It doesn't amount to a fact. The point was bigger than that, though. Barney has been consistently singled out by every knowledgable person since basically 2008 for his inability to succeed as a coach at any level. Now, on top of his documented on-field mediocrity, we're dropping players like flies, and not just average ones. Any serious person would at this point have to ask themselves if we have maximized our coaching at this position, or are we settling for less than we should? I'm not answering the question. That's Bo's job. He's the one who will live or die with the results.

It kinda gets you into the Billy C waters. Ultimately it was Callahan's stubbornness about firing Coz that got him canned. Or am I way off on that?

• Fire 2

It kinda gets you into the Billy C waters. Ultimately it was Callahan's stubbornness about firing Coz that got him canned. Or am I way off on that?

That was one of many factors. Cosgrove's continued employment certainly contributed to Callahan's departure, but it wasn't the only thing by any means.

• Fire 1

That was one of many factors. Cosgrove's continued employment certainly contributed to Callahan's departure, but it wasn't the only thing by any means.

This is true, but does Bo have that kind of relationship with Barney? It would seem more likely that Dr. Osborne would want to keep him on the staff if anything....

Good luck to him, lots of kids transfer schools, this gets more attention because he is a football player and we are fans. But, it is his life and he has to do what is best for him and makes him happy. College is short (I know, I tried to make it longer and I wish I could go back) so you have to make the most of the time, if he thinks that it will be better for him then good for him.

Thanks Knapp