Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

Unsure of the issue, and no offense to the younger posters on the board, but these young kids today have been brought up in the generation of instant gratification. The whole "What's in it for me" mentality". Bo, at least on the surface and in the media, seems to subscribe to the hard work gets playing time mentality. He does not appear to care about "what have you done for me lately, but what can you do for me now". It has to be hard for these kids to come in, hearing from media, friends, family, HS coaches etc saying how they are going to be the next great thing. They come to NU where you have a new coaching staff and every day you have to prove you deserve to play. A hard lesson for a lot of kids.

Signed,

Every older generation that has ever lived. Come on man.

+1

Sounds like we got two conversations going.

1. Tyler and his troubles. If that facebook message is true--and I don't pray but I pray it is a fake, although I doubt it (it would be hard to pretend to be that stupid and not be caught immediately) then Tyler is out of his mind. But. . .

2. Barney Cotton is a contributing factor. I know this is the unsourced drama of all unsourced dramas right now, but when you hang around a message boards long enough you learn that there are actually a few people out there who are either connected to the program or connected to people who are. A lot of them are raining down hate on Barney. But for those of you who are unconvinced, people have been saying this about Barney since the day he was hired. Let's make it a little simpler: Name me the quality or track record of success that makes you think he is the best option to coach the line at Nebraska. I didn't realize our line was so stellar that we could afford to lose perhaps our most promising prospect as far as what his entire career would have meant for the line and for Nebraska. I must have been blind these last four years, because I remember a whole lot of mediocrity followed by more mediocrity. But good news. We're down two more prospects. I gather one was unavoidable, but this situation is very, very troubling.

Unsure of the issue, and no offense to the younger posters on the board, but these young kids today have been brought up in the generation of instant gratification. The whole "What's in it for me" mentality". Bo, at least on the surface and in the media, seems to subscribe to the hard work gets playing time mentality. He does not appear to care about "what have you done for me lately, but what can you do for me now". It has to be hard for these kids to come in, hearing from media, friends, family, HS coaches etc saying how they are going to be the next great thing. They come to NU where you have a new coaching staff and every day you have to prove you deserve to play. A hard lesson for a lot of kids.

Signed,

Every older generation that has ever lived. Come on man.

Signed,

Socrates

Sounds like we got two conversations going.

1. Tyler and his troubles. If that facebook message is true--and I don't pray but I pray it is a fake, although I doubt it (it would be hard to pretend to be that stupid and not be caught immediately) then Tyler is out of his mind. But. . .

2. Barney Cotton is a contributing factor. I know this is the unsourced drama of all unsourced dramas right now, but when you hang around a message boards long enough you learn that there are actually a few people out there who are either connected to the program or connected to people who are. A lot of them are raining down hate on Barney. But for those of you who are unconvinced, people have been saying this about Barney since the day he was hired. Let's make it a little simpler: Name me the quality or track record of success that makes you think he is the best option to coach the line at Nebraska. I didn't realize our line was so stellar that we could afford to lose perhaps our most promising prospect as far as what his entire career would have meant for the line and for Nebraska. I must have been blind these last four years, because I remember a whole lot of mediocrity followed by more mediocrity. But good news. We're down two more prospects. I gather one was unavoidable, but this situation is very, very troubling.

So, you "know" Barney Cotton is a contributing factor due to internet rumors. Riiiiiiight. Oh yeah, I'm convinced now too.

I would like to bring up one more observation. Everyone talks about Pelinimand his good practice earns playing time. Is this not the case of the U$C, OSU, Alabamas of CFB? They consistently bring in more talent than us every year, allegedly. That means EVERY recruit feels a sense of entitlement. If this were the case, they would have a harder time recruiting and even fielding a 2 deep roster. There is nt one college player at a major program that is skating by. If someone feels that they deserve something just because of where they are playing, they have the wrong mental makeup no matter who they are playing for. I highly doubt that practicing for Stoops, Saban, Meyers is any less challenging than at NU. Not buying it. Some of these programs have five stars backing up five stars and they have no problem fielding a full team. But at NU it is supposed to be different?

• Fire 2

F it we dont need quiters on the team. Dont let the door hit u in the ass on ur way out, we'll be fine sounds like to me its for the better he couldnt handle compitition

There's really no need to take this stance. The kid made a choice for what he felt was best at this time. Seems he couldn't handle the isolation and needed family/friend support. Nothing wrong with that. He played a year here and worked hard. We should commend him for this. Not everyone is built the same. As he grows up he may regret his decision or continue to be happy he made it. It's his call. Should he have handled it better? Of course. But I've done things out of emotions that I'd like to have a mulligan on...

• Fire 3

Maybe it's not in major publications or tweets yet cuz Bo is forcing them not to say anything (remember the media moratorium w Sean Fisher??) in case he can talk to Moore amd get him to come back. If its officially reported, and the collective States sh#t hits the fan, there could be less room for reconciliation.

Btw, some guys quit by walking off the field. Like ripping off a band-aid, they get their courage in a flash and just do it all at once. If he hasn't talked these feelings out w the coaches even as bad a Barney seems to be, it's kinda hard to put a lot of blame on them if he just stormed off. He needs to give more respect to his Univ family and at least inform them.

If it wasn't a case of homesickness and he was just that pissed at Barney, then Barney needs to be evaluated, our line hasn't been that good to excuse these defections and poor play.

F it we dont need quiters on the team. Dont let the door hit u in the ass on ur way out, we'll be fine sounds like to me its for the better he couldnt handle compitition

There's really no need to take this stance. The kid made a choice for what he felt was best at this time. Seems he couldn't handle the isolation and needed family/friend support. Nothing wrong with that. He played a year here and worked hard. We should commend him for this. Not everyone is built the same. As he grows up he may regret his decision or continue to be happy he made it. It's his call. Should he have handled it better? Of course. But I've done things out of emotions that I'd like to have a mulligan on...

This ^^