The Tyler Moore Explanation

knapplc

It's probably not timing that Bo is upset about but rather what was actually reported. Once the story did come out some of the media proceeded to openly speculate on the the reason for leaving and how it happened-basically taking stories from message board rumors and spec. It may not have been intentional, but it happened nonetheless and media's speculation is often viewed as fact by many. So it's to me more of a perception issue. Bo is probably upset because it has become more of an issue and/or distraction than it should've been.

I'm guessing Bo is upset with the recent stories of blaming Cotton by reading between the lines of what Moore's father is and isn't saying. Here's one by Sip entitled "Fair or not, scrutiny on Cotton intensifies" where he speculates that Klachko leaving wasn't Barney's fault but Moore leaving was Cotton. Nothing more in there than the Moore thread from this board.

It's probably not timing that Bo is upset about but rather what was actually reported. Once the story did come out some of the media proceeded to openly speculate on the the reason for leaving and how it happened-basically taking stories from message board rumors and spec. It may not have been intentional, but it happened nonetheless and media's speculation is often viewed as fact by many. So it's to me more of a perception issue. Bo is probably upset because it has become more of an issue and/or distraction than it should've been.

Bo needs to stop being a female dog and just take care of the team and ignore the media in times like this. Don't be surprised if Barney is relieved of his duties as a coach and is given some made up position so he can continue to steal money from the school and Moore comes back next year.

Bo needs to stop being a female dog and just take care of the team and ignore the media in times like this. Don't be surprised if Barney is relieved of his duties as a coach and is given some made up position so he can continue to steal money from the school and Moore comes back next year.

I will be shocked

Yup, female dog. good one. :lol:

Not really?...I don't think it is. There's a spot open now that isn't before. By the time recruiting is wrapped up in February we should know more about where Tyler is at. And even if not, there is always some wiggle room at the margins. It's the same reason why we can recruit a class but hold out spots for some talented recruits who decide late in the game. I don't think we have gotten too many of those lately but it's always a "There will be a spot if they do decide to commit" situation.

In the meantime, this fall, they could probably give a scholarship to a deserving walk-on senior.

NU is not being hurt by this situation.

Not really?...I don't think it is. There's a spot open now that isn't before. By the time recruiting is wrapped up in February we should know more about where Tyler is at. And even if not, there is always some wiggle room at the margins. It's the same reason why we can recruit a class but hold out spots for some talented recruits who decide late in the game. I don't think we have gotten too many of those lately but it's always a "There will be a spot if they do decide to commit" situation.

In the meantime, this fall, they could probably give a scholarship to a deserving walk-on senior.

NU is not being hurt by this situation.

That's pretty much what I wanted to know. Thanks zoogies.

Bo said after yesterday's practice that Moore is still on scholarship.

EDIT - Here's a link & a pic:

LINK

–Offensive tackle Tyler Moore is still on scholarship at Nebraska. His spot on the 105-man roster, however, has been filled by freshman defensive back Alonzo Moore.

practiceday12.jpg