The Tyler Moore Explanation

knapplc

So this is a Barney Cotton issue then...

Not trying to start another Fire Barney assault, but Brian didn't even mention TM's own position coach in the coaches he loves. AKA the person most directly related to his growth as a player.

I thought Garrison was more in charge of the tackles and Barney was more in charge of the guards/center . That's what a certain journalist told me when Garrison got hired, maybe that's changed since then, or maybe it wasn't true to begin with.

Correct but Barney makes the final calls as far as depth chart, practice reps etc. In small groups they each work with those guys to focus on techniques. They do switch it up some now so its a little more blended and one guy might see something another doesn't with a player.

I thought Garrison was brought in with Stai to execute a more in-depth approach to technique, to allow Barney to focus almost fully on x's and o's with Beck, which is why we see Cotton with Beck in the booth. Just something I thought I heard somewhere.

Not trying to start another Fire Barney assault, but Brian didn't even mention TM's own position coach in the coaches he loves. AKA the person most directly related to his growth as a player.

I thought Garrison was more in charge of the tackles and Barney was more in charge of the guards/center . That's what a certain journalist told me when Garrison got hired, maybe that's changed since then, or maybe it wasn't true to begin with.

Correct but Barney makes the final calls as far as depth chart, practice reps etc. In small groups they each work with those guys to focus on techniques. They do switch it up some now so its a little more blended and one guy might see something another doesn't with a player.

I thought Garrison was brought in with Stai to execute a more in-depth approach to technique, to allow Barney to focus almost fully on x's and o's with Beck, which is why we see Cotton with Beck in the booth. Just something I thought I heard somewhere.

Barney's in the booth so he can see the d line better and not get in the way of in game adjustments. He wasn't happy he was moved there. But in all honesty Garrison is much better at on the fly type of help with the guys.

Barney's in the booth so he can see the d line better and not get in the way of in game adjustments. He wasn't happy he was moved there. But in all honesty Garrison is much better at on the fly type of help with the guys.

I thought this was done to initiate Phase Out Barney!

@danhoppen

Bo Pelini very unhappy with media's coverage of Tyler Moore story. Pulled players out of postpractice interviews.

Here we go again. It's an annual event.

I said the same thing in the original thread.

I think the media has done a decent job actually. They never reported any of the outlandish rumors that were floating around here and simply stuck with the story Bo and Brian gave them. I think Bo should probably be more up set with boards like this and people inside his practice that leak these things in the first place.

• Fire 1

@danhoppen

Bo Pelini very unhappy with media's coverage of Tyler Moore story. Pulled players out of postpractice interviews.

I think the media has done a decent job actually. They never reported any of the outlandish rumors that were floating around here and simply stuck with the story Bo and Brian gave them. I think Bo should probably be more up set with boards like this and people inside his practice that leak these things in the first place.

I guess Bo disagrees with ya.

@danhoppen

I agree that they were very good at holding off. I think what he's upset with is the media stating that Moore was the cornerstone of the program and future of the team, etc etc. Sherman was doing a fine job of stating the sole reason he left was because of Cotton when it was a compounded problem.

@danhoppen

The only article I read on it was by Sipple, and he pretty much copy and pasted every outlandish rumor that was in the original Tyler Moore thread.

@danhoppen

You pretty much nailed it. +1 :thumbs:

The local media did a fine job of cooperating on this--and not letting it become a media circus--or at least that's what it seemed like to me. Heck, they waited a full two days before the first article appeared. The posters on boards did more to exacerbate the situation than the media. This board and the rivals free board in particular.

surprised no one else caught these

Tommie Frazier@TouchdownTommie

There was a time I was homesick and wanted to leave NU. Mom told me I had to stick it out.

We need to get back to the days where we let our kids grow up. What are they going to do when they get in the real world.

I'm speaking from experience being a kid who came from Florida. #GBR #Huskers