Pre-snap Read #16 Nebraska Preview

We all know that unless massive improvement does not occur this season, then what looms is another rocky period of finding another answer as to how to move forward...

I'm assuming you meant unless it does occur. Speak for yourself, please. "We all" do not agree that Nebraska needs "massive" improvement this year. We need minor improvement to be a 10 or 11 win team. In fact, even if our record doesn't improve one bit, I still don't agree on this "rocky period" of yours. (We have way too many doom and gloom fans).

Exactly.

Whining & bitching that we're "only" winning 9 or 10 games a year immediately after the Callahan nightmare is laughable. Also, it's not Pedeyshine running the show now. Zero chance TO will do something as crazy as firing Bo for "only" winning 9 or 10 games. The internet genius crowd demands it (just like 2003), but unlike them TO isn't stupid.

Lol! Demanding "massive improvement" from 9 or 10 wins. Haha.....

We all know that unless massive improvement does not occur this season, then what looms is another rocky period of finding another answer as to how to move forward...

I'm assuming you meant unless it does occur. Speak for yourself, please. "We all" do not agree that Nebraska needs "massive" improvement this year. We need minor improvement to be a 10 or 11 win team. In fact, even if our record doesn't improve one bit, I still don't agree on this "rocky period" of yours. (We have way too many doom and gloom fans).

Couldn't have said it better myself. +1 for the Lady.

A question--how much hand-wringing does the fan base do over 9 and 10 win seasons if Pelini and Nebraska not been screwed out of their regulation time win against Texas in '09?

I ask this because it seems that people aren't really bitching and moaning about 9 and 10 win seasons--as the article illustrated, we're in rarefied air in that regard. What is seems that many are complaining about is how we're consistently racking up wins, but we don't have any hardware or championships to show for it.

In many regards, Beebe and Andersen's screw job in '09 has done more harm to Nebraska's psyche than almost the entirety of the Bill Callahan/Steve Pedersen regime. Before the '09 screw job, people were content with consistency and vowed to not make the same mistake of running a new coach out on a rail as long as they were bringing 9+ victories to town a season. Now, many in the fanbase are slipping into the same mindframe that saw Dr. Tom seriously look at Colorado as a destination early in his career.

And if Texas wasn't given the fraudulent second? I sincerely doubt that a significant, vocal portion of the fanbase would be as self-immolating as they are today, and Nebraska Football, mentally, would be in a better place than it is now.

A question--how much hand-wringing does the fan base do over 9 and 10 win seasons if Pelini and Nebraska not been screwed out of their regulation time win against Texas in '09?

I ask this because it seems that people aren't really bitching and moaning about 9 and 10 win seasons--as the article illustrated, we're in rarefied air in that regard. What is seems that many are complaining about is how we're consistently racking up wins, but we don't have any hardware or championships to show for it.

In many regards, Beebe and Andersen's screw job in '09 has done more harm to Nebraska's psyche than almost the entirety of the Bill Callahan/Steve Pedersen regime. Before the '09 screw job, people were content with consistency and vowed to not make the same mistake of running a new coach out on a rail as long as they were bringing 9+ victories to town a season. Now, many in the fanbase are slipping into the same mindframe that saw Dr. Tom seriously look at Colorado as a destination early in his career.

And if Texas wasn't given the fraudulent second? I sincerely doubt that a significant, vocal portion of the fanbase would be as self-immolating as they are today, and Nebraska Football, mentally, would be in a better place than it is now.

Excellent points. If we had a Big 12 championship in 2009 (well we did . . . but we all know what happened) and if we hadn't been screwed over at aTm things would feel a lot better . . . wouldn't they?

Well, there is that, but there have been too many disappointments in games that didn't have fraudulent seconds added to the clock.

The next season we got the rematch with Texas, the near disaster at Iowa St, the debacle at A&M, the utter collapse in the conference title game, and a complete embarrassment in our bowl game.

Last year we had an absolute ass whooping against Wisconsin in our first Big 10 game on national TV, an embarrassing loss to Northwestern, a second complete beatdown from Michigan, and then another incredibly shameful bowl game.

These handfuls of bad games in the last two years alone are what have made some lose faith in Pelini. I don't think the 09 Big 12 title would have changed things too much.

Worrying about big losses last year during a conference change after Bo had tailored his team against Big 12 speed/spread offenses seems pretty overreactive. Yeah, he'll need to fix that, but he is still winning 9 games every year...if you win at least 9 games each and every year chances are pretty good that sometime you will break through and win a conference title and/or get a playoff berth.

• Fire 1

Worrying about big losses last year during a conference change after Bo had tailored his team against Big 12 speed/spread offenses seems pretty overreactive. Yeah, he'll need to fix that, but he is still winning 9 games every year...if you win at least 9 games each and every year chances are pretty good that sometime you will break through and win a conference title and/or get a playoff berth.

I dooo agreeee

ya hes gotta be a husker fan, or really did his research very well, which would be Welcome. He missed a few slight things, minor, minor things but really no big deal. He was very accurate, pretty much sums up my thoughts, except i dont blame Cotton as much, and i am a little more optimistic about our season.