Coach Solich Top 25

Vizsla1

Looks like Coach Solich's team could finish in the top 25 this year. That would be great for their program. Optimism is high and it shows that winning your bowl game, can bring positive energy for the following season. Their schedule strength is above 120 points, and it doesn't appear to have many road bumps along the way, except the Marshall game on 9/15. Good Luck to Coach Solich

LINK

Looks like Coach Solich's team could finish in the top 25 this year. That would be great for their program. Optimism is high and it shows that winning your bowl game, can bring positive energy for the following season. Their schedule strength is above 120 points, and it doesn't appear to have many road bumps along the way, except the Marshall game on 9/15. Good Luck to Coach Solich

LINK

Penn State on opening day. It's be their toughest game. And it won't be pretty. For the Bobcats.

But after that they have a fairly maneagable schedule--except maybe Marshall like you mentioned. The Fighting Frankies could easily win 9 or 10 games.

/edit: After I posted this I see that collegefootballpoll.com lists three four other games as being tougher than Penn State. I still think the Natty Lions will be their toughest game. But what do I know?

• Fire 1

The sanctions won't hurt at all this year. The transfers will hurt a bit. I think Penn State will finish in the middle of the B1G. Probably about the same as Northwestern or Iowa. And I think either of those teams would beat Ohio. /jmho

Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see Ohio do well. I'd be great to see them hop into the top 25--which I think they would do, even with two losses. I just think Penn State will handle them on Sept. 1.

/edit: It's probably b/c I'm a B1G homer. ANd I take the Mac with a grain of salt. We'll find out in a couple of weeks. If Frank is celebrating, I'll be eating crow. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

eatcrow.gif

I didn't think there was any chance the Fighting Frankies would hang with Penn State. But they did. It wasn't a fluke either. The Bobcats looked tough. Maybe the biggest win in Ohio U's history. Congrats tot he Frankies! :lol:

LOL- No reason to eat any crow & I can't believe they picked it correctly. The only thing stopping the Bobcats will be the SI jinx? It was a great win and they are believing they will be a BCS buster this fall (according tho their message boards). Maybe we will draw them in a game? Weirder things have happened. I hope it is a great season for both programs.

Sounds like you have better feelings for Solich than we do for Boob Davie.

LOL- No reason to eat any crow & I can't believe they picked it correctly. The only thing stopping the Bobcats will be the SI jinx? It was a great win and they are believing they will be a BCS buster this fall (according tho their message boards). Maybe we will draw them in a game? Weirder things have happened. I hope it is a great season for both programs.

If you draw the MAC in a bowl it means you finish way down this year. the mac bowl is Purdon't honor.

Bobcats will be traveling to Marshall on Saturday- this will be a great test for the "Fighting Frankies"... I may have to jump on a new wagon after our game on Saturday. Apparently, people are giving away Husker tickets with their zucchinni's at work.

If they win at Marshall, they probably will be favored in the rest. But, they are good, not dominating, and will play a lot of close games, so I look for a loss or two in the Mac.

Nevertheless, I picked them to beat PSU and I'd love for Frank to go undefeated and get some national kudos.