Nebraska's Big Ten Chances.....

Josh007

Since the college football season starts this week I was curious as to what the odds for the Big Ten were. The Huskers are somewhat in the mix, but do you think they were given the right odds? I guess depending on your perspective we will hear both sides. The link can be found here: http://www.docsports...tball-odds.html

I'd say 3-1 is about right for our division. I'm a little surprised that MSU is 3-1 as well, considering their losses. They only return 4 on offense. For a team that was very offensive focused (at least it seemed that way to me) that will be a lot to replace. They return most of a very good defense including gholson (sp?) however. I guess that being an away game for us kind of evens the odds a little.

Michigan at 6-5 is fair. I don't see anything that leads me to believe they'd be worse than last year. They were young and return just as many players as we do (which is quite a few). Their defense should be even better in the second year under their d.cordinator. . Tougher schedule, but it will still come down to us beating them. Being at home isn't a 4 touchdown swing, so until I see otherwise Michigan by 10.

When pealing back the layers of MUs schedule last year there shouldn't have been any reason they went any worse than 11 and 3. Four road games? No Wisconsin or Penn St on the schedule.

so pretty much the same as this year?

MU: 3 games before NU - @Purdue, Illinois, MSU

NU - Wisconsin, @Ohio State, @Northwestern

Thank god we have that bye week in there, but I'd take MUs schedule going into our game any day over ours.

It's been quite a while, but I'm finally back in the college football groove. I like our chances this year. The only question marks is our offensive line play and how our D responds after laying an egg last year. If we're to think we're getting any closer at all to a title, we should know this year. The Big 10 isn't really very loaded this year, and it should be our time to shine. If our OL plays with any consistency at all, we should be just fine. I gotta think Bo has the D problems under control.

Michigan's schedule this year won't allow them to match the same success they had in 2011. Too many tough games away from Ann Arbor to win more than 9 games. They lost a lot of leaders in the trenches and the Crimson Tide should exploit a lot of weaknesses in week 1.

Sparty might have the best defense in the conference this year. I think the Legends crown will hinge on how we do in our trip to East Lansing. They have to replace a lot of weapons on offense, but they might have the best offensive line in Dantonio's time at MSU. I think we have a great shot at this game because of Bo's track record against pocket passers, but expect Sparty to be making a push for Indianapolis once again this year.

As long as we take care of business against Northwestern this time around (a tall task, i know :| ), we should be sitting pretty at the end of the year. I don't know about all of you guys, but I like our odds to get to Indy this season. Beat Wisky twice in one season? I don't know about that, but that's a few months from now....a lot can happen.

We certainly have a vastly lower probability of winning the division than does Michigan. I'd think that we are as well behind Michigan State --- though their chances are only slightly better than ours. The Huskers are thus an extreme longshot at winning the conference --- as they are unlikely (very unlikely) to even play for the title.

When national analysts that I have seen have addressed the B1G conference (I have seen 3 such assessments) --- the teams addressed were Michigan, Wisconsin and Michigan State --- with Ohio State twice mentioned as being championship caliber but not eligible. The Huskers were not mentioned at all. Not even a consideration. That pretty much sums it up.

We certainly have a vastly lower probability of winning the division than does Michigan. I'd think that we are as well behind Michigan State --- though their chances are only slightly better than ours. The Huskers are thus an extreme longshot at winning the conference --- as they are unlikely (very unlikely) to even play for the title.

When national analysts that I have seen have addressed the B1G conference (I have seen 3 such assessments) --- the teams addressed were Michigan, Wisconsin and Michigan State --- with Ohio State twice mentioned as being championship caliber but not eligible. The Huskers were not mentioned at all. Not even a consideration. That pretty much sums it up.

Meh! That's why they play the game!