Bo Pelini Press conf.

@937JakeSorensen

Bo on RB position: "We're deeper there than we were a year before, so we have high hopes for that group."

@937JakeSorensen

"We have confidence in all three of our centers. It's kind of a flowing depth chart to get guys ready and have options."- Pelini

@937JakeSorensen

Pelini says it's most likely that Justin Jackson will start the season-opener at center for the #Huskers. Former walk-on and #Norris grad.

@937JakeSorensen

Lots of o-line questions so far. Rightfully so. Biggest question on offense if not the entire team.

@937JakeSorensen

Bo on #2 QB: "We have a couple of options there. This week in practice will go a long ways in determining that if Taylor is ever hurt."

@937JakeSorensen

"If we need Tommy Armstrong to win the championship, then that's what we'll do. I'm not worried about next year, it's this year."

@937JakeSorensen

On Jamal Turner: "He's had a great offseason. The last week and a half has been the best he's been since he's been here."

@937JakeSorensen

Bo still adamant about need for efficiency. "You can't be efficient with penalties and turnovers."

@HuskerExtraSip

Pelini effusive in praise of WR Jamal Turner. "His confidence and knowledge of playing the position is night and day compared to year ago."

@HuskerExtraSip

Pelini says QB Taylor Martinez "very confident." Said Bo: "I think he has taken a little bit of an attitude that he has something to prove."

@937JakeSorensen

QB Taylor Martinez is first player up to the podium today for #Huskers. Smart move for him. Stepping up his leadership? One would hope so.

@937JakeSorensen

"Maybe I'll go back to what I did, maybe I'll do what I've changed. It all depends on when we start playing." -Martinez on passing motion

@937JakeSorensen

"I'd rather pass the ball than run the ball. We have a lot of great receivers this year."-Taylor Martinez, on his preference

@kevinkugler

Different Taylor Martinez at the podium today. Relaxed...joking...just joked that he'd like to try out for the Olympics in 4 years.

@HuskerExtraBC

Burkhead says he studies the film of other good RBs. He watched every Montee Ball game from last year.

@HuskerExtraBC

Burkhead said Imani Cross is "one of the most freakish freshman" he's seen.

@HuskerExtraSip

Ben Cotton, on walkon center Justin Jackson: "He's very much a vocal guy. He's there to get everyone's motor running."

@ericolson64

#Huskers LB A Whaley says C Justin Jackson reminds him of Ricky Henry. "Not many nasty guys out there like Ricky but he has same attitude."

• Fire 3

T-Mart on his throwing motion: "I might go back to my old ways... its kind of a game time thing"

Yikes.

Where his feet are matters more to me than his throwing motion. Just get the ball to his receivers.

Yeah, I think the whole "throwing motion" problem with T-Mart starts with the feet... and moves on up. So, when he fields questions about his throwing motion it likely includes feet, hips, shoulders, arms and that helmet. Don't get me wrong, if the ball gets to his receivers I am a happy Husker fan. The reality, however, is that his ability to get that ball to his receivers will be dramatically helped by better "throwing motion" mechanics.

T-Mart on his throwing motion: "I might go back to my old ways... its kind of a game time thing"

Yikes.

It's just that he won't know what has actually stuck until the bullets start flying. No different than any other technique work. I expect it to see a slight-to-decent improvement over the first game but keep getting a little better as the season goes along.