Bo Pelini Press conf.

Does it bother anyone else that no other QB has just absolutely definitively come up and snatched that backup job? Hell, maybe even push Taylor for that starting position? You mean to tell me they are all equal? bullsh#t they are. Been lot's of talk about Armstrong being very very impressive, but so far that's just talk. I mean, if the guy was THAT impressive, he would be named the backup by now.

Does it bother anyone else that no other QB has just absolutely definitively come up and snatched that backup job? Hell, maybe even push Taylor for that starting position? You mean to tell me they are all equal? bullsh#t they are. Been lot's of talk about Armstrong being very very impressive, but so far that's just talk. I mean, if the guy was THAT impressive, he would be named the backup by now.

He's a Tr frosh! Give him a minute to unpack his sh#t! The fact that he is considered pretty equal with the other two guys should tell you all you need to know about what Tommy's made of! GBR

T-Mart on his throwing motion: "I might go back to my old ways... its kind of a game time thing"

Yikes.

I think he's having some fun with the media and fans.

No kidding! I was thinking the same thing. I think some people can't read/listen between the lines

Regardless of your judgements upon my ability (or inability) to "read between the lines" there is much more to his "joking" than simply having a good time. This kid really has a lot on his shoulders, and those shoulders often face the wrong way when he's trying to complete a pass. So his funny-business reminds me of the anxiety I had many times he passed the ball. I hope for everyone's sake that he has been able to commit some of those throwing mechanics to muscle memory... Saturday will tell.

Here is the actual quote:

>>Martinez appeared to say that he may revert back to parts of his old throwing motion in Saturday’s game. Check out the quote:

“We’ll see what happens during the game,” Martinez said. “I may go back to my old way, maybe I won’t. It’s a game situation. Whatever comes out in me, comes out. We’ll see how I do.”

From OWH: http://sports.omaha....repare-for-usm/

HWG

He's a Tr frosh! Give him a minute to unpack his sh#t! The fact that he is considered pretty equal with the other two guys should tell you all you need to know about what Tommy's made of! GBR

You completely dodged the questions and commented on the one part of the comment that didn't ask for a response. Good on you sir, (as the point sails over your head) He's obviously good, but anyone with a fuk'n brain would hope a kid as talented as they say he is would red shirt this year and use that year towards some real playing time! So I hope he takes his time unpacking. I was speaking more toward the fact that you would think Brion or Ron Kellogg have been here long enough that they wouldn't have some True Freshman passing them up for backup time! I want Armstrong to be a four year starter! I want a backup to take some snaps this year, and maybe help the team if Martinez goes down. Not too much to ask for. (again, point more than likely sails over your head) It's okay, I'm used to Huskerboard by now. Very full of inside the box thinkers.

Maybe someone has taken it, they just don't want to make a big hullabaloo about it. Especially if the guy who has taken it is a true frosh. Just guessing. We'll likely find out Saturday if Nebraska has a comfortable lead in the 4th Quarter.

But yeah, it is kind of troublesome if there really isn't a clear #2 at this point.

You completely dodged the questions and commented on the one part of the comment that didn't ask for a response. Good on you sir, (as the point sails over your head) He's obviously good, but anyone with a fuk'n brain would hope a kid as talented as they say he is would red shirt this year and use that year towards some real playing time! So I hope he takes his time unpacking. I was speaking more toward the fact that you would think Brion or Ron Kellogg have been here long enough that they wouldn't have some True Freshman passing them up for backup time! I want Armstrong to be a four year starter! I want a backup to take some snaps this year, and maybe help the team if Martinez goes down. Not too much to ask for. (again, point more than likely sails over your head) It's okay, I'm used to Huskerboard by now. Very full of inside the box thinkers.

Well unless he unseats Taylor next year after your prescribed redshirt, he won't be a 4 yr starter but maybe math sails over your head! I want whoever the coaches think gives us the best chance to win if Taylor goes down! If it comes out tomorrow that Ryker Fyfe is burning his redshirt Because he is Miraculously our second best option then so be it! Now there's outside the box for ya! Nobody knows the worth of a back up QB is until his feet are to the fire! So as far as no announcement as to who the number two guy is, maybe Bo doesn't want the backups to think the competition is over! Maybe he wants those three to battle it out till the very end! Probably Thursday at the latest it needs to be set so the number two guy gets quality reps with the ones and twos while the gameplan is being installed!

Well unless he unseats Taylor next year after your prescribed redshirt, he won't be a 4 yr starter but maybe math sails over your head! I want whoever the coaches think gives us the best chance to win if Taylor goes down! If it comes out tomorrow that Ryker Fyfe is burning his redshirt Because he is Miraculously our second best option then so be it! Now there's outside the box for ya! Nobody knows the worth of a back up QB is until his feet are to the fire! So as far as no announcement as to who the number two guy is, maybe Bo doesn't want the backups to think the competition is over! Maybe he wants those three to battle it out till the very end! Probably Thursday at the latest it needs to be set so the number two guy gets quality reps with the ones and twos while the gameplan is being installed!

I get what your saying.

Bo, like a lot of "old school" coaches seems to be really big into the "there is no depth chart" idea. While I do see SOME merit in that idea/notion, I would, as a player, rather know where I stand. As a coach, I really would not care.

Very true. I guess someone may very well own it and Bo in typical fashion is wasting everyone's time by playing this "I will not release a depth chart" BS. We will all find out eventually, I just hope we don't waste a year of Tommy Armstrong's career is what it all comes down to.

Edit: Yes I see your point about the competition not being over RedJarvis. Good point. I believe I understand where your coming from now.

Which brings us back to the point, that as with any team, including Nebraska, you would have a definitive backup plan. I would hope that as long as Ron Kellogg or Brion Carnes have been here, that maybe, just maybe they would have a grasp on things by now. And yes, the thought of Tommy taking over the spot next season suits me just fine. Especially if this season goes the way I see it going. I haven't even taken a sip of the kool aid. I'll believe the Martinez hype when i see it. Til' then, I buy nothing. If Taylor goes out and looks the same as he has in the past, there's no reason I won't be rooting for him to be replaced the same as I did last year. Just very disappointing that Brion and Kellogg haven't figured things out well enough by now that there is no doubt left. We unseated Zac Lee in his senior year for a Freshman QB named Taylor Martinez. So I'd say my math works out just fine if we give Armstrong a season to grasp things and then come flying out of the chutes to unseat a Senior named Taylor Martinez.

Apples and Oranges, Apples and Oranges.

Bo, like a lot of "old school" coaches seems to be really big into the "there is no depth chart" idea. While I do see SOME merit in that idea/notion, I would, as a player, rather know where I stand. As a coach, I really would not care.

Very true. I guess someone may very well own it and Bo in typical fashion is wasting everyone's time by playing this "I will not release a depth chart" BS. We will all find out eventually, I just hope we don't waste a year of Tommy Armstrong's career is what it all comes down to.

Edit: Yes I see your point about the competition not being over RedJarvis. Good point. I believe I understand where your coming from now.

The players know where they stand on the depth chart.

The players know where they stand on the depth chart.

Usually you do, most of the time you do, there might be a few, here and there, that don't totally know OR more likely don't want to believe it, if that makes sense.

Does the helmet rule state that any helmet removed mid-play results in automatic play stoppage? What if the other team just gashed you up the middle and their rb is heading towards the end zone? Can a player take their helmet off & hand it to the ref before the rb gets into end zone?

What about automatic substitutions? Need to swap out players, just have the one on the field take off his helmet.

Playing against an up tempo offense? Oops, darn helmets keep falling off.

And I guarantee that there will be teams this year that are known for pulling this crap on a regular basis.

Completely insane.

Wasn't there a kick off rule a couple of years ago that got abused? Time started when the ball was kicked so the kicking team went off sides every time and used up like the last 2 minutes.