State of the Big Ten

The Dude

Sorry that Sparty didn't show up to play the game last nite in EL (and win an important one for the B1G)...

Was at the game with my family, weather was great, seemed to be a sellout at Spartan Stadium, crowd was in a great mood in the beginning, the new sound system and 13K sq.ft scoreboard was excellent... only thing MSU didn't do was show up and play any football...

I haven't seen any replay or postgame comments but everything, I mean everything went wrong quickly, O-line, D-line, pass protection, blocking, tackling, missed assignments, dropped balls, etc. The list is too long and painful to go over. I didn't see this train wreck commin' !!!

KUDOS to the Irish for retaining the megaphone trophy for another year.

Everyone here was rooting for Sparty. Well, everyone except ND Joe. :lol:

Thanks NUance... You have to give the ND QB (Golson sp.?) credit for executing their gameplan so well. Seeing him in realtime gives you an appreciation on just how good, how quick, how mobile, how accurate, how intelligent he is calling the game. Very good QB for the Irish...

ND Joe... You've got a fine young team there!

NCAA Yards Per Game (out of 120):

13 - Indiana - 538.3

16 - Nebraska - 532.7

33 - Purdue - 470.3

42 - Ohio St. - 453.7

49 - Minnesota - 429

52 - Michigan - 425.3

64 - Northwestern - 407

70 - Michigan St. - 397.7

94 - Illinois - 353

101 - Penn St. - 341

105 - Iowa - 333.7

119 - Wisconsin - 276

Points Per Game:

21 - Ohio St. - 40.7

22 - Nebraska - 40.3

24 - Purdue - 39.7

33 - Indiana - 36.0

33 - Michigan - 36.0

44 - Minnesota - 34.0

63 - Northwestern - 29.0

73 - Illinois - 27.3

98 - Penn St. - 21.3

101 - Michigan St. - 20.3

110 - Iowa - 17.0

113 - Wisconsin - 16.3

Ohio St. and Nebraska along with ... Indiana and Purdue (???) leading the conference. :confucius

NCAA Yards Per Game (out of 120):

13 - Indiana - 538.3

16 - Nebraska - 532.7

33 - Purdue - 470.3

42 - Ohio St. - 453.7

49 - Minnesota - 429

52 - Michigan - 425.3

64 - Northwestern - 407

70 - Michigan St. - 397.7

94 - Illinois - 353

101 - Penn St. - 341

105 - Iowa - 333.7

119 - Wisconsin - 276

Points Per Game:

21 - Ohio St. - 40.7

22 - Nebraska - 40.3

24 - Purdue - 39.7

33 - Indiana - 36.0

33 - Michigan - 36.0

44 - Minnesota - 34.0

63 - Northwestern - 29.0

73 - Illinois - 27.3

98 - Penn St. - 21.3

101 - Michigan St. - 20.3

110 - Iowa - 17.0

113 - Wisconsin - 16.3

Ohio St. and Nebraska along with ... Indiana and Purdue (???) leading the conference. :confucius

Purdue actually looks decent this year. They do seem to have a solid squad about once every 5 years. Indiana has not played anyone who even bothers to try to play defense. So far its been a 1-AA team, a team that was 1-AA a year ago and Ball St, who beat them. Navy is probably the only other win they get.

Thanks NUance... You have to give the ND QB (Golson sp.?) credit for executing their gameplan so well. Seeing him in realtime gives you an appreciation on just how good, how quick, how mobile, how accurate, how intelligent he is calling the game. Very good QB for the Irish...

Thank you G&W, you're the most gracious Spartan I've ever traded barbs with.

I think MSU was pretty stout up front but not down the field. They could run with Bell but needed faster longer passes. Particularly Maxwell as a first year QB has to learn when he is going to get hit.

That may have been the cliche 'blueprint' on how teams like NU should play Sparty. Rush, play contain on Bell, and try to make Maxwell beat you with his arm.

I think MSU was pretty stout up front but not down the field. They could run with Bell but needed faster longer passes. Particularly Maxwell as a first year QB has to learn when he is going to get hit.

That may have been the cliche 'blueprint' on how teams like NU should play Sparty. Rush, play contain on Bell, and try to make Maxwell beat you with his arm.

ND Joe - from what I saw that nite in Spartan Stadium, MSU has a couple of glaring issues on the O-line and WR's... We simply couldn't get space from your DB's. Major issue - we have no real threats this year as wideouts (as we had in the past with Cunningham, K. Martin, Dell, etc.). As you said, Max is going to get killed unless he quickly learns how to read pressure, but if MSU's WR's can't distance themselves from their coverage, it won't matter much.

That being said, the game was still fun to watch and the chants from the ND fans in the 3rd and 4th qtrs. was fun to listen to (well kinda....).

Good luck this year. If your team can remain healthy, you should be sittin' pretty by years end.

I'm going to be glued to the tele this Sat. when UMich plays you in SB. If the Irish can contain a mobile QB like DRob then it proves the Irish are certainly back on track with Kelly at the helm.

ND Joe - from what I saw that nite in Spartan Stadium, MSU has a couple of glaring issues on the O-line and WR's... We simply couldn't get space from your DB's. Major issue - we have no real threats this year as wideouts (as we had in the past with Cunningham, K. Martin, Dell, etc.). As you said, Max is going to get killed unless he quickly learns how to read pressure, but if MSU's WR's can't distance themselves from their coverage, it won't matter much.

That being said, the game was still fun to watch and the chants from the ND fans in the 3rd and 4th qtrs. was fun to listen to (well kinda....).

Good luck this year. If your team can remain healthy, you should be sittin' pretty by years end.

I'm going to be glued to the tele this Sat. when UMich plays you in SB. If the Irish can contain a mobile QB like DRob then it proves the Irish are certainly back on track with Kelly at the helm.

Good luck in Ann Arbor, I always pull for Sparty in that game and the prospect of 5 in a row will be bigger than any BCS bowl game in Blue's eyes.