Really dumb question

HANC

I know that this has been asked and discussed, but with my own HS season going on, I haven't even read a newspaper or been on the board. I did go to game (like always), but found myself trying to figure out who was starting and what the rotation was.

Is Siesay injured? I am sorry about the "ignorance" that I don't know the situation. I thought I saw him out of uniform.

MY question is what the hell happened with Anderson? I thought he was almost going to be a guaranteed starter at linebacker?

That was the fan sentiment, not the coaches. The Staff had lots of good things to say during camp,but as he got here this Summer he is still catching up. I think he will be a factor early in conference play. Everyone seems to forget that LD didn't start playing a lot until 3-4 games in and Gomes was 6-7 iirc his first year. Stafford probably shouldn't have since he didn't know the playbookby his own admission, but the other Safeties weren't showing well and he took advantage.

For how weak our linebacking squad is, thats not a very good sign.

If you think that then fine, but frankly I think a lot of people are overblowing this past game. You would think they gave up 400 yards of offense and 28-35 points they way everyone is griping, when in fact they only gave up 260 yards of offense and 13 points total. On top of that they only gave up 3 points and 108 yards after half once the coaches started being more aggressive.

If you think that then fine, but frankly I think a lot of people are overblowing this past game. You would think they gave up 400 yards of offense and 28-35 points they way everyone is griping, when in fact they only gave up 260 yards of offense and 13 points total. On top of that they only gave up 3 points and 108 yards after half once the coaches started being more aggressive.

The hate for the defense is just absurd. People need to chill out.

You never, never judge a team based off one game. Anyone suddenly think Michigan is not a problem on our schedule because they got raped by Alabama?

At this point it's almost like willful ignorance. Not only was it a first game, it was a first game against a team with NO FILM. Pap was reading So. Miss's version of Steve Sipple to get any idea on what they might be running. Translation: he had no freaking clue. Nobody did. Our second half adjustments worked like a charm. Their attack ground to a three-point halt. That's a good thing.

• Fire 2

You dont judge a team from one game. But that doesn't mean getting pushed around on the defensive front and linebackers missing tackles are a film session away from being fixed. It's about seeing the vision for the group of guys we have... I'm just not sure that vision is anything to write home about.

The defense we played in this game was a little different than we will play in others. Bo said he expected them to do some crazy stuff and they were much more conventional than he thought. So they practiced one way and had to adjust during the game for what was actually going on. The second half was actually pretty good after the adjustments.

The hate for the defense is just absurd. People need to chill out.

You never, never judge a team based off one game. Anyone suddenly think Michigan is not a problem on our schedule because they got raped by Alabama?

At this point it's almost like willful ignorance. Not only was it a first game, it was a first game against a team with NO FILM. Pap was reading So. Miss's version of Steve Sipple to get any idea on what they might be running. Translation: he had no freaking clue. Nobody did. Our second half adjustments worked like a charm. Their attack ground to a three-point halt. That's a good thing.

By weak I meant mostly our lack of depth, I should have specified.