A point I need to make....

Knap,

If you think my post was essentially the same as the others, you are wrong. Perhaps I should spell it out more clearly for you.

How's this? DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

Clear enough?

Whatever your intent it didn't come across that way, and ignored the larger point of how much fun folks here have baiting trolls.

Nobody on the national level cares about Nebraska, nor should they. You haven't won a conference championship this century. Go to your stadium. The highest number you see is 1999. That was 13 years ago. Your seasons are boring and predictable. You beat a few no-name schools and start off with high-hopes, you get crushed by a legit team, you win a few more games against a few nobodies, you lose a game to a nobody, you implode against a few pretty good team, then you win a game or two before embarrassing yourself in a bowl game. Your first loss will come this week and this board will become a hotbed for negativity and bitterness.

I asked a UCLA student the other day how the Bruins were looking so far this year.

He gave me a funny look and said, "Who?"

I would venture to guess UCLA does have more talent than Southern Miss. Nudeheisel had a knack for recruiting good players whether it be legal or not so much. However, I highly doubt under a new staff and a new scheme they're able to put it all together by the second game of the season. From what I've gathered, UCLA blitzed nearly every play against Rice. I highly doubt they'll have the ability to try and run the same defensive scheme against us as they did Rice. It wouldn't shock me to see the game close for a while, but by the end we'll have put the game away.

Saragin Ratings

NU 15

Southern Miss 50

UCLA 53

Rice 116

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

We don't seem to be comparing apples to apples here benedictbruin! Good luck to you and GBR!!!

He's got Boise State at #6....16 spots ahead of the Michigan State team that just kicked their a$$. Excuse me if I call bullsh!t on Sagarin's ratings after 1 game.

Ya his formulas need a few weeks of gameplay to be relevant for the current year. OTOH its not like Rice is suddenly going to jump into the top 50.