Game over man, game over

Malth

We've got two months and four debates to go. This thing ain't over - although if I'm Mitt, I'm more than a little worried that my big hoopla convention didn't garner me the lead in the tracking polls. If ever there was a time when Mitt Romney had the stage to himself, to sell himself and his vision to the American people, it was last week at the RNC. He did it, but people weren't buying. The polls registered barely a blip of a bump.

I wonder if Bill Clinton could be Obama's VP candidate instead of Biden? Pretty sure the dems would win easily then. Plus, Clinton would have to make sure nothing happened to Obama in the next term since Clinton couldn't be president again ;)

We do have two months to go, and I'll agree it's best to not celebrate (too much) too early. We still have to actually go out and vote, etc. But, barring a meltdown from Obama, this thing is practically in the bag. Obama is going to destroy him in the debates.

This is the sound of Obama being reelected.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Hmmm….

(1) For a campaign whose slogan is based on moving “Forward”…..they need to look backward twelve years?

(2) Pretty sure Clinton is NOT on the ballot

(3) The predictable media orgasm over all things Clinton is predicated on delivery and style……not facts (see fact checks of his speech)

(4) The number of media in attendance (15,000) triples the number of actual delegates (5000). (some of whom used fake names to purchase Obama “gear”, thus contributing to Obama’s re-election effort. No media bias here…?http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/09/06/report-reporters-dnc-using-fake-names-purchase-obama-merchandise

(5) No doubt that Clinton is the most popular democrat. But what does it say when the most popular had to surrender his law license; was impeached; was disbarred by the Arkansas Supreme Court; paid a $25000 fine; was accused of rape by Kathryn Wiley; and whose name is forever linked to the name Monica who serviced him while Yes Sir, Yes Sir, That’s my Baby Arafat cooled his heels in the rose garden while the faint sounds of “Devil with a Blue Dress” wafted across the patio. No blackmail security risks to be found here I'm sure. And, to be clear, he was successful politically only when he moved to the center and actually worked with Republicans as opposed to the current arrogant resident of the White House who truly believes he alone makes all the decisions for the country?

(6) For all his current personal popularity, there remains an issue of “trust” with Clinton. (iirc, a large number of pols he campaigned for have lost, so maybe, just maybe, his popularity is not transferable).

Just a few things to consider for those so certain it’s over.

And, to be clear, he was successful politically only when he moved to the center and actually worked with Republicans as opposed to the current arrogant resident of the White House who truly believes he alone makes all the decisions for the country?

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

Yeah . . . it's Obama who won't work with Republicans. You can't really believe this . . . can you? :lol:

• Fire 1

And, to be clear, he was successful politically only when he moved to the center and actually worked with Republicans as opposed to the current arrogant resident of the White House who truly believes he alone makes all the decisions for the country?

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

Yeah . . . it's Obama who won't work with Republicans. You can't really believe this . . . can you? :lol:

Have your read liberal icon Bob Woodward's excerpts where he specifically castigates Obama for failing to take advantage of the honeymoon period by ignoring Republicans with his sneering comment that ............Elections have consequences and I won.......... ?? (paraphrasing, but that is the jist)

Have your read liberal icon Bob Woodward's excerpts where he specifically castigates Obama for failing to take advantage of the honeymoon period by ignoring Republicans with his sneering comment that ............Elections have consequences and I won.......... ?? (paraphrasing, but that is the jist)

Elections do have consequences . . . and Obama did win. Those are factual statements.

Have you read Do Not Ask What Good We Do by Robert Draper? It details the GOP meeting on the very night of Obama's inauguration where GOP leaders chose to offer united and unyielding opposition to Obama's policies. This was echoed in public by McConnell's statement about the GOP's number one priority not being job creation, the deficit, health care reform, etc. . . . but to make Obama a one term president. There is no compromise to be had. Compromise (despite a certain GOP politician's claim) isn't Democrats coming to Republican's point of view. Compromise is about moving to the middle. The GOP is absolutely unwilling to do that. Quite the opposite actually . . . they keep moving further to the right.

I wonder if Bill Clinton could be Obama's VP candidate instead of Biden? Pretty sure the dems would win easily then. Plus, Clinton would have to make sure nothing happened to Obama in the next term since Clinton couldn't be president again ;)

I am a firm believer that the only reason why Obama picks Old Uncle Joe as his running mate is for security. As bad as Obama is, NOBODY wants him to be shot so that Bidumb would then be President.

Elections do have consequences . . . and Obama did win. Those are factual statements.

Have you read Do Not Ask What Good We Do by Robert Draper? It details the GOP meeting on the very night of Obama's inauguration where GOP leaders chose to offer united and unyielding opposition to Obama's policies? This was echoed in public by McConnell's statement about the GOP's number one priority not being job creation, the deficit, health care reform, etc. . . . but to make Obama a one term president. There is no compromise to be had. Compromise (despite a certain GOP politicians claim) isn't Democrats coming to Republican's point of view. Compromise is about moving to the middle. The GOP is absolutely unwilling to do that. Quite the opposite actually . . . they keep moving further to the right.

I agree with you that Pubs are moving right (this IS a center-right country after all), but you selectively forgot to mention that Dems have moved demonstrably to the far left. Both sides are culpable in my view.

But there was a honeymoon period when BO invited Ryan (and praised his intellect and analysis) to the White House early on when compromise WAS still possible before intractability set in.............and BO reacted as Woodward has reported by over-estimating the surpremacy of his personal powers of persuasion and basically told Ryan to punt. No surprise there from a cocooned prodigy who had never faced criticism and had been continually told how special he was. What was surprising was Woodward's revelation that BO didn't think he even needed to reach out to democratic legislative leaders. (thus the embarrassing tale of Pelosi and Reid putting BO on hold on the phone and continuing their own conversation)

Have you read Do Not Ask What Good We Do by Robert Draper? It details the GOP meeting on the very night of Obama's inauguration where GOP leaders chose to offer united and unyielding opposition to Obama's policies? This was echoed in public by McConnell's statement about the GOP's number one priority not being job creation, the deficit, health care reform, etc. . . . but to make Obama a one term president. There is no compromise to be had. Compromise (despite a certain GOP politicians claim) isn't Democrats coming to Republican's point of view. Compromise is about moving to the middle. The GOP is absolutely unwilling to do that. Quite the opposite actually . . . they keep moving further to the right.

I agree with you that Pubs are moving right (this IS a center-right country after all), but you selectively forgot to mention that Dems have moved demonstrably to the far left. Both sides are culpable in my view.

But there was a honeymoon period when BO invited Ryan (and praised his intellect and analysis) to the White House early on when compromise WAS still possible before intractability set in.............and BO reacted as Woodward has reported by over-estimating the surpremacy of his personal powers of persuasion and basically told Ryan to punt. No surprise there from a cocooned prodigy who had never faced criticism and had been continually told how special he was. What was surprising was Woodward's revelation that BO didn't think he even needed to reach out to democratic legislative leaders. (thus the embarrassing tale of Pelosi and Reid putting BO on hold on the phone and continuing their own conversation) OPPS DOUBLE POST, MY ERROR !!!

Edited by Comish

I agree with you that Pubs are moving right (this IS a center-right country after all), but you selectively forgot to mention that Dems have moved demonstrably to the far left.

Evidence?

Kidding right? :rollin Try a little thing called REALITY. I know (based on the frequency of your posts) you haven't been sleeping for the last three years.