What We Learned

walksalone

T-mart is back. I'm offically over this clown.

Our d-line is pathetic.

Play calling is a joke, we threw the ball deep once in 3 quarters, bye the 2nd half ucla has no respect for our passing game

Peleni got out coached once again.......

Ucla running back, will be playing on Sunday next year.

We lost but, but whoa, Wisconsin lost to a horriable team.

If we want peleni head on a platter, who do we want ???

If we want peleni head on a platter, who do we want ???

I hear there's an up-and-comer named Frank Solich that has a pretty stout Ohio team in the MAC...

...regardless, if we're going to warm Bo's seat, we need to make sure we know the name we want. An aimless mob mentality got us Callahan and Pedeyshine last time...but I'm starting to think there may be something to what Jason Peter has been saying.

I learned that as I get older, all the drunks kicking and screaming, hurling out insults @ our guys is probably getting more annoying than loses like these. Get mad at the coaches who have been there for years making the big $, not our players...yeah there was some awful fundamentals on display, but I don't think we have a team of quitters / crybabies / primadonnas that only care about themselves or getting into the NFL. Until I see people quitting or going full retard with personal fouls and such I won't give up hope for this bunch.

Well said krill. I used to be so bad that if we lost on Saturday, I couldn't pick up the paper off the porch on Sunday and my week was ruined until about Wednesday. Now, I get worked up about half an hour before the game, and generally, win or lose, I'm doing something else by mid second half, listening to the radio broadcast. Love me some Husker football, but I don't care to let it determine the quality of my life.

If UCLA can keep playing like that through their entire season, their only loss will be to USC. Credit where credit is due, they played well.

We did not, unfortunately. We were outplayed on both sides of the ball and out coached. O-line is incosistent as ever. Still not sure why that coach has a job. He should have been gone years ago. Defense is just bad - worse than last year by a good bit. They look sluggish, confused, and lacking in fundamentals.

We're relying too much on Martinez. Play calling is bad - Beck seems to have no clue how to recognize what needs to be done to counter a defense that is coming downhill on you time and time again. Martinez needs more game time and pressure under his belt regarding his change in mechanics. I had hoped that wouldn't be the case, but it is, and it's not much of a surprise. I think he will progress as the season goes on.

We just looked bad all around. Very amateurish. Disappointing to say the least.

• Fire 1

What i learned tonight is something I shouldve learned when I was 13 years old and Osborne retired. Everyone on this board probably knows I am always trying to be positive about the team and always having the teams and coaches' backs. What I saw tonight has pushed me over the cliff. I will still try to be positive, but I will no longer live and die with w's and L's of this football program. It's just too stressful. I sit here and read thread after thread of the meltdown and reality has set in that my old man was right all along way back when Solich was named head coach. Nebraska will be an 8-9 win team hear on out. This is our program now. I saw a talent deficiency tonight for the first time in a while. I mean a full blown slower, smaller, lack of attitude talent deficiency. Freshman or not, UCLA is a better team than Nebraska in every aspect.

We need to work on fundamentals. Too many missed tackles and our d-line/linebackers cant get off blocks.

Inconsistent play calls on off/def.

If a team comes out in spread they can run the ball all over us.

We can't catch the ball as good as we thought we could.

The D tackles get no push into the backfield and play straight up on the line and way too high.

Our offense stutters when we get blitzed.

Our defense is too slow and thinks to much at the point of attack to be able to put together an effective blitz.

Special teams is way to up and down to be relied upon.

I miss Burkhead:(

Offensive play calling goes from what works to being all fancy - again, had to go away from shoving it down UCLA's throats to fancy stuff. Whatever.

Offense also had to go on this two-minute offense crap which did not give our defense any rest and if anything, seemed to wear out the offense and force them into inept situations.

The defensive scheme is full of holes.Tackiing - ugh. Reading plays - ugh. Interceptions - zilch.

Our D-line and O-line look small - they look like MAC or Mountain West guys - the Wisconsin and Michigan State guys are going to look HUGE compared to the N guys - and let's not mention LSU or Alabama linemen.

Also anybody else notice a couple of plays in a row where we bring the normal four d linemen and EM breaks around the edge and their QB stepped up or scrambled for a good chunk of yrds. Where were the DTs on that play? Can they not see beyond the O-line? Plus the line as far as I remember didnt knock down any passes when alot of passes were simple fast slant routes right down the middle. Our DTs are easily the weakest part of our defense.

I have really been pushed over to the No More Bo crowd. Its just the same old story.

We will win the next two games. Then we get Wiscy, which at this point, who the hell knows. Then OSU and Miller, yeah...that's not looking good. NW, Mich and MSU all in a row...The wheels could totally come off.

Well...we'll probably be expected to beat Wiscy at home. That means we'll lose somehow. I truly don't understand why Husker fans bet on Nebraska games. There is never any rhyme or reason to what this team does on any given week.

Good learning experience for this team and these coaches. I just keep wondering how many learning experiences we have to put these guys through. This was a tough one. Hard fought game, proud of the young men on that field. They just got whooped. This game was a street fight, and UCLA clearly fought like it was. Very impressive team UCLA is. I wish Nebraska was as physical and aggressive as those guys are.