We need to start recruting athleticism and talent on Defense

Haspula

2009: Suh, Dillard, Larry Asante

2010: Gomes, Amukamara, Pierre Allen, Eric Hagg

2011: Dennard, Lavonte David, Jared Crick

2012:

2013:

We seem to be missing that key defense player this year. Nobody on defense sticks out like the players on the list above does. They had lots of talent and athleticism, something we need if we are going to contend for a big 10 title. I think we need to focus on our recruiting. We have the ability to get back to the top: http://rivals.yahoo....nk/2005/all/all

How big a swing did Owa make tonight? Could have been the difference in the game, if you think about it... He played great - if he had been doing that for us....?

Bingo. Guy is strong, fast, long and athletic. Just what we need at DE. Instead we've got a slob, an underachiever and a LB transplant that doesn't have any technique at all.

I think we are fortunate to have not lost by 3 TD's or more, we played so poorly on both sides of the ball. Just sad:( Definitely missing some stars on D and our offense becomes predictable, rushed and ineffective. Some big penalties gave us more years than our actual offense...

I think last year we would've lost this game by 30 points. We did some good things tonight and we did some very poor things tonight. It will be interesting to see how we play next week. Many predicted that the UCLA game could go either way and it did. Too bad it didn't go our way.

I think last year we would've lost this game by 30 points. We did some good things tonight and we did some very poor things tonight. It will be interesting to see how we play next week. Many predicted that the UCLA game could go either way and it did. Too bad it didn't go our way.

I think you might be right. Bo knows secondary players and can recruit those guys. But we have, I think, the most awful DL and LBs of any BCS AQ school.

However, what gives me a ray of hope is that as bad as we were overall on defense last night-we still only lost by 6 on the road.