Will some younger guys get a chance vs Ark st and ID st?

It's a turning point, especially on defense. Offense? Not so much. An adjustment or two in playcalling in crucial situations and maybe slow the tempo down just a smidgen for god's sake so our depthless line can catch its breath. But on defense I think it's time to simplify, put the young guns in on the front seven (I still dont see much of an issue in the secondary, no one can cover for 6 seconds) and set em loose. Get the athletes out there and set em free, McBride style. Maybe we give up a deep one or two, but youre still gonna have a hard time surviving 60 minutes. I've never been much for criticizing a staff because they make more and know more than me so I've always had faith in their decisions but last night did it for me. Meredith and Steinkuhler are seniors and I have seen ZERO improvement from them since their freshman years, not to mention they look so disinterested to begin with. I can remember if it was 2nd or 3rd quarter, but Valentin and McMullen? came in for 2 snaps and both plays flew upfield threw the blockers and got pressure-effective pressure if I recall-and then we never saw them again. Linebacker? Whaley just cannot get it done. There has to be better options with the youngins, and if not, we need to just run dime the entire time, atleast we'll have that extra speed. Hopefully we start seeing some drastic depth chart shakeups cuz if not, my faith is quickly going to start dwindling to the point of many of you, becuase the status quo is just not cutting it.

there were many positions getting burned/outmatched. why doesnt bo and co throw someone else in throughout game play, make adjustments, ect. to see if anyone else will step up. Are they oblivious these guys getting burned/sucking or are they really that stubborn?

the obvious

alonzo whaley

will compton

taylor martinez

baker steinkuhler

mike marrow

both corners

most our o line

aaand taylor martinez

am i missing anyone?

there were many positions getting burned/outmatched. why doesnt bo and co throw someone else in throughout game play, make adjustments, ect. to see if anyone else will step up. Are they oblivious these guys getting burned/sucking or are they really that stubborn?

the obvious

alonzo whaley

will compton

taylor martinez

baker steinkuhler

mike marrow

both corners

most our o line

aaand taylor martinez

am i missing anyone?

other than replacing Whaley who has looked slow and the poster child for poor tackling, there is no one else to bring in. To say TMart needs to be replaced is just ignorant.

the obvious

alonzo whaley

will compton

taylor martinez

baker steinkuhler

mike marrow

both corners

most our o line

aaand taylor martinez

am i missing anyone?

other than replacing Whaley who has looked slow and the poster child for poor tackling, there is no one else to bring in. To say TMart needs to be replaced is just ignorant.

the obvious

alonzo whaley

will compton

taylor martinez

baker steinkuhler

mike marrow

both corners

most our o line

aaand taylor martinez

am i missing anyone?

Agree with chamrocck. Except for maybe Steinkuhler, I don't know if he has the fire or tenacity to create any disruption in the middle of the line. But the Martinez comment was not needed. He put the time in during his summer to get better. On topic I think if we come out flat footed this week and Ark St racks up alot of yards in the first half I'd expect to see some new people. Bo might be ignorant but I don't think hes stupid. I'm sure he knoows the front 7 are under producing and if things this week go like they did last week expect to see a couple 'Bo' cams and some new people in the rotation.

the obvious

alonzo whaley

will compton

taylor martinez

baker steinkuhler

mike marrow

both corners

most our o line

aaand taylor martinez

am i missing anyone?

than ignorance is bliss. not saying he definitely needs to be bumped in the final depth chart but watching him in the second half, sure the o line wasn't an impenetrable fortress, but he was buckling under pressure like my little brother does when i imitate suh on him. allls I'm saying is give someone else a shot. we need to be scouring our depth chart for stability. keeping taylor in under all circumstances and never finding out whats behind him would seem to be the definition of ignorance to me.

the obvious

alonzo whaley

will compton

taylor martinez

baker steinkuhler

mike marrow

both corners

most our o line

aaand taylor martinez

am i missing anyone?

than ignorance is bliss. not saying he definitely needs to be bumped in the final depth chart but watching him in the second half, sure the o line wasn't an impenetrable fortress, but he was buckling under pressure like my little brother does when i imitate suh on him. allls I'm saying is give someone else a shot. we need to be scouring our depth chart for stability. keeping taylor in under all circumstances and never finding out whats behind him would seem to be the definition of ignorance to me.

Taylor Martinez-outside of injury-is not going to be replaced. Not this year or next year either. Brion Carnes was not going to lead us to the MNC last year and Tommy Armstrong is not going to do it this year. Taylor Martinez is the least of worries right now, same as a year ago.

Our nonconference schedule has traditionally been one "real" game and three teams who scrimmage us for the money. We lost the real game, so why not use the other two to accelerate Bo Pelini's vaunted "process" in the hopes of getting an acceptable product on the field in time for the conference schedule.

If things to do not change drastically we will have our hands full with Arkansas State. They have talent and will test our swiss cheese defense I think.

Not only that, but for the third opponent in a row, we have little to no valuable game film to study--this is deadly for new (and relatively new) coordinators who, from their own accounts, study film like a hawk. We got by Southern Miss because their offense was decimated by graduation, and both coordinators were out-coached by UCLA and failed to make meaningful in-game adjustments when needed.

Now here comes Arkansas State, with a new head coach, and more talent than Southern Miss (but certainly not more than UCLA). Unless changes are made in who we play and how our fundamentals are coached, I would say we should be able to squeak by...but not by a lot.

I would not mind seeing the young kids play alot, even if it costs us some points. If they are going to save Bo's bacon next year, lets see what they can do now. I think we might be happy with the results. Might help us in the conference play to get them snaps now that mean something.

I agree. Bo's chair may be slightly warm right now, but as long as he gets his 9 and a bowl game, he's more than safe. If we have the talent, and they've already red-shirted, then give them snaps, and send a message to your current starters that this crap won't fly.

This, plus let's get a defensive scheme in place that our kids can actually run effectively. Two-gap just isn't cutting it--we don't have another Suh on the team, and unless we plan to use the SEC method of recruiting (take that as you will...), we won't get but one Suh in a blue moon.

If things to do not change drastically we will have our hands full with Arkansas State. They have talent and will test our swiss cheese defense I think. We should win this game, but it just might be a lot closer than some think. They have a hypsman watch QB and won 12 games last year, and are returning conference champion. They will be watching the film on what happened last night.

I would not mind seeing the young kids play alot, even if it costs us some points. If they are going to save Bo's bacon next year, lets see what they can do now. I think we might be happy with the results. Might help us in the conference play to get them snaps now that mean something.

Agree, our defense really can't get any worse from what we seen on Saturday. Give them some reps over the next two games, see who steps up, start them against Wisconsin.

Just enough to burn redshirts. Heard had only 3 carries against UCLA but averaged 7 yards per carry. Cross may not get another 15 carries all year.

That's pretty much it right there. The Pelini era continues. Poor execution, dropped passes, bad penalties, poor line play on both sides of the ball, and atrocious use of eligibility/preparing younger players.

Just enough to burn redshirts. Heard had only 3 carries against UCLA but averaged 7 yards per carry. Cross may not get another 15 carries all year.

That's pretty much it right there. The Pelini era continues. Poor execution, dropped passes, bad penalties, poor line play on both sides of the ball, and atrocious use of eligibility/preparing younger players.

If you're going to burn their redshirts make it worth while for christs sake. Put them on the field, do some on-the-job training with them and develop them for next season. It's like he wants to save them, but give them a small taste so they have something to work for at the same time. Put everyone on notice, "Your job is up for grabs and every position is up for grabs. If you want it you better so me through physical style of play, speed, and knowledge!" "I don't care if you're Taylor Martinez or Colin Clare everyone is on the same level starting now!" You have to start somewhere......................

• Fire 1