It's Monday.............time to move on!!!!

BIGREDIOWAN

So you think we should continue to talk about these problems here? Why? We did that last year and the year before and the year before that. Did it make a difference? I'm serious. I appreciate your passion for the game but when is enough enough?

We should absolutely continue to talk about the problems that we have here. Yes, such problems were discussed at length last year and the year before that and even some the year before that. The reason? We keep seeing the exact same product on the field. The same mental lapses, the same breakdowns in technique, the same undisciplined and lackluster football. While I don't think we should dwell on the problems all week, I think it's silly to expect them not to be discussed.

Anyhow, I don't really know a whole lot about Arkansas State other than the fact that we opened up a 24.5 favorite, Gus Malzahn is the coach and that Michael Dwyer like the drugs a little too much and consequently got booted from Arky State.

Good point. I should've said 'dwell' vs discuss. Of course we should discuss the issues, that's what this board is about (and what a looonnnggg off season we would have if we couldn't discuss our problems :)) Do you think it helps our team perform better when we discuss these problems or does it just help us? Hey, I post as much to the discussion of our problems as anyone else, I'm just not sure it helps or hinders us? When our guys read the board, and I'm sure they do, does it inspire them or frustrate them? I'm hoping that it does inspire them to play better but sometimes I'm not sure.

As for Arky St. I went on their message board today to see what their fans think of their team. See my post below. Their posts sound just like ours after the loss to UCLA.

Aplin has 18 carries this year for 110 yards, one rushing TD

In 2011 161 carries for 588 yards with 10 rushing TD's.

In 2010 138 carries for 477 yards with 11 rushing TD's.

In 2009 mostly playing back-up until Leonard was lost for the year, 64 carries for 253 yards with 4 rushing TD's.

He didn't see the field against Nebraska in 2009.

Anyhow, I don't really know a whole lot about Arkansas State other than the fact that we opened up a 24.5 favorite, Gus Malzahn is the coach and that Michael Dwyer like the drugs a little too much and consequently got booted from Arky State.

Wow...24.5 point favorite? I'd take the under on that if I had money to gamble with.

I think we win, but it will probably go into the 3rd or 4th quarter before we pull away. And I wouldn't be shocked if this becomes another 'Ball State' fiasco.

I do hope we get to see some fresh/new faces on defense, especially in the defensive front seven, FWIW.

Wow...24.5 point favorite? I'd take the under on that if I had money to gamble with.

I think we win, but it will probably go into the 3rd or 4th quarter before we pull away. And I wouldn't be shocked if this becomes another 'Ball State' fiasco.

I do hope we get to see some fresh/new faces on defense, especially in the defensive front seven, FWIW.

This was my thinking, as well. If the defense plays like they did against UCLA, this game has 07 Ball State written all over it. I seriously doubt we cover.

Clarify please. Are we to ignore the overwhelming problems much like this staff has done for a half a decade now. Even as terribly weak and out manned as the B1G is, we drop 5 games this season. We should be watching out for speed in Arky St.

UCLA came off losing season after losing season, slow players, new coach, 8 starting frosh and look how that ended up.

Why is it we always have to look forward as fans, there is a telephone book sized problem with the program going on over a dozen years and we are all supposed to lock step away from anything bad because it took Tom 22 years to figure out speed and athleticism wins

SERIOUSLY ... are you serious? What a crappy first post. Be a man and come out of the closet. 10 years of problems and you choose today and this post as your first time to speak up. Don't sound like a fan to me ... just a coward.

My first game in Memorial Stadium was 1970, From Tagge through Ferrigamo, Humm all the way through to Frost I was a season ticket holder then Moved away from Lincoln. I didn't choose today to speak up about how mediocre Nebraska had become, I started the day Osborne hired Frank ( not his job then, clearly not his job now being the MAIN PROBLEM) as his successor, proceeded by Frank hiring Gillispie.

This was the beginning of the end. It's funny how people that whined and railed against Callahan now seem to go in to protective overdrive on Osbornes newest failure ( the Return of Frank tour with even crappier assistants and recruiting) so you just keep admiring the product we saw last week and I will sit by in shock at how far Nebraska has fell into a middle of the pack of a weak conference. Cowards don't sit by idle and let some cronie continue to destroy a once proud program because he finally figured out athletic players win after 22 years

So you think we should continue to talk about these problems here? Why? We did that last year and the year before and the year before that. Did it make a difference? I'm serious. I appreciate your passion for the game but when is enough enough?

We should absolutely continue to talk about the problems that we have here. Yes, such problems were discussed at length last year and the year before that and even some the year before that. The reason? We keep seeing the exact same product on the field. The same mental lapses, the same breakdowns in technique, the same undisciplined and lackluster football. While I don't think we should dwell on the problems all week, I think it's silly to expect them not to be discussed.

Good point. I should've said 'dwell' vs discuss. Of course we should discuss the issues, that's what this board is about (and what a looonnnggg off season we would have if we couldn't discuss our problems :)) Do you think it helps our team perform better when we discuss these problems or does it just help us? Hey, I post as much to the discussion of our problems as anyone else, I'm just not sure it helps or hinders us? When our guys read the board, and I'm sure they do, does it inspire them or frustrate them? I'm hoping that it does inspire them to play better but sometimes I'm not sure.

As for Arky St. I went on their message board today to see what their fans think of their team. See my post below. Their posts sound just like ours after the loss to UCLA.

Was it somehow different when Callahan was here and everyone was encouraged to run him out of town? As bad as Cosgroves defense was, Callahan brought talent to the team and produced a pretty fun offense, it appeared to me anyway that he at least tried to produce an overall decent result but was hand tied by his 1 bad buddy hire. Fast Forward to the mess we are in now with 100% buddy hires that don't deserve to be within a mile of a program and you see the results, when we lose half our games this year are we going to sugar coat things into next year aboard the " excuse train " just because Tom chose another dud whose defense minus Suh has been laughable at best

Was it somehow different when Callahan was here and everyone was encouraged to run him out of town? As bad as Cosgroves defense was, Callahan brought talent to the team and produced a pretty fun offense, it appeared to me anyway that he at least tried to produce an overall decent result but was hand tied by his 1 bad buddy hire. Fast Forward to the mess we are in now with 100% buddy hires that don't deserve to be within a mile of a program and you see the results, when we lose half our games this year are we going to sugar coat things into next year aboard the " excuse train " just because Tom chose another dud whose defense minus Suh has been laughable at best

Will you be back with your own excuse train when we DON'T lose half our games? See you in November.

Will you be back with your own excuse train when we DON'T lose half our games? See you in November.

Absolutely, will you? I don't have excuses, just complete and utter confusion on why Osborne is still AD hiring the likes of Barney Cotton, we were told by the anointed himself this was a short stint but like any politician it's their job to bend us to preserve their Legacy

Seriously?, really

That's how you read Dr. Tom. He is more worried about his legacy as AD. I find that somewhat laughable. I think he is actually more worried about the ramifications of another moribund coach search, i.e. pedey's last search after firing a moderately successful coach.

GBR

Seriously?, really

That's how you read Dr. Tom. He is more worried about his legacy as AD. I find that somewhat laughable. I think he is actually more worried about the ramifications of another moribund coach search, i.e. pedey's last search after firing a moderately successful coach.

GBR

He doesn't worry about his Legacy as AD one bit, the Legacy he protects with his bonehead decisions was formed 15 years ago, when he handed the keys of the Ferrari over to his buddy. If, and thats a big if, TO would have stepped aside after his Frank Solich tribute tour hiring of Pelini, I might have a sliver of respect for him but the way he's milked every ounce from a ONCE proud program just leaves a bad taste. Getting waxed in Shreveport and backstabbing Husker coaching legends like Tenopir, Darlington and the rest to save your own arse doesn't translate to moderately successful to me. Had Callahan kept Pelini on and kept him far away from recruiting, I personally see a top 10 team annually.

Our defense vs. Gus Malzahn = many many yards.

I'm still excited as hell for this season of football, but also a little bit scared out of my mind. It's like we're getting chained up the incline of the roller coaster and one of the wheels just derailed for a second before popping back on to the tracks. This season is bound to be a wild ride, but now there's that little danger of the wheels coming completely off and the cars flying off the track. Of course, the possibility that the ups and downs give us a safe and fun ride is still there - the Big 10 sucks. But the possibility of disaster is there as well. Do I think we will lose to Arkansas State? No way. But after the Louisiana-Monroe upset last week and our performance on defense, there's that tiny little sliver of possibility stuck into the back of my brain.

Hopefully we can just breeze through the next two games, get some defensive personnel and scheme issues worked out, and be ready for Wisconsin.

While Callahan was able to recruit good players he wasn't able to develop them (Suh for example) Bo was. I understand your passion and I can see that you love our Huskers (I've been a fan since the 1980's-transplanted via marriage to Nebraska from Missouri-My husband is a native!) I just can't see the benefit of going through yet another head coaching change. I guess the whole Pederson/Callahan debacle is stuck in my craw. What an ugly ugly situation that was.