Chase Rome quits?

you guys obviously aren't rational right now. If it's true that we're switching to a 3-4 defense, likeliness is that Rome isn't in it, and that a freshman is above him, that means that although he sucks, he doesn't believe he does. Bo's trying to fix the defense by putting in a new formation and he's not in it, and he probably has the same problem as Tyler Moore. Bo's implementing the earn your spot on the players, and i think people are starting to realize that more and more. It's not great because we are losing players, but like saban he will start to become known for it, and it won't be a problem if this team progresses..

If Chase Rome sucks, then what category do Meredith and Baker fall into? They've all looked pretty equally pathetic so far this year.

I know we haven't seen it this year, but I feel Meredith, although really slow, and Baker have more potential than Rome. This is just my opinion.

I love the fact that fans are sticking up for Bo, and I have never doubted him before this season... but all of the quitting and the game last weekend have definitely made me wonder WTF is going on.

Why would you put this on Bo? If kids like Moore, and possibly Rome, want to quit THEIR TEAM because they are losing their starting spots, then that is a character issue on them, not Bo. Chase Rome is appearing to be very selfish with this decison. They could all learn a thing or two about TEAM, from Brion Carnes....

• Fire 2

I love the fact that fans are sticking up for Bo, and I have never doubted him before this season... but all of the quitting and the game last weekend have definitely made me wonder WTF is going on.

I've always had Bo's back. But I believe this is the fourth time in his tenure where I've heard a kid on the team quoted as saying "we didn't come to play"! WTF are you doing wasting a Nebraska football scholarship if you aren't here to REPRESENT! We got punk'd last week. It wasn't the loss that made me sick, it was the way they bitch slapped us around, then laughed in our faces. All we can say is "we didn't come to play"...well that's a sad excuse. At what point do Bo's team's find some motivation? What the hell are these guys waiting for? How hard do they have to have their ass kicked to realize they're not just going to walk on the field and command RESPECT. They have to earn it! Nobody on this defense is going to earn respect when they allow the 2nd most yards in Husker History. Pathetic!

you guys obviously aren't rational right now. If it's true that we're switching to a 3-4 defense, likeliness is that Rome isn't in it, and that a freshman is above him, that means that although he sucks, he doesn't believe he does. Bo's trying to fix the defense by putting in a new formation and he's not in it, and he probably has the same problem as Tyler Moore. Bo's implementing the earn your spot on the players, and i think people are starting to realize that more and more. It's not great because we are losing players, but like saban he will start to become known for it, and it won't be a problem if this team progresses..

If Chase Rome sucks, then what category do Meredith and Baker fall into? They've all looked pretty equally pathetic so far this year.

I thought they all sucked :confucius:dunno

I know we haven't seen it this year, but I feel Meredith, although really slow, and Baker have more potential than Rome. This is just my opinion.

Well great, they have potential? Well it is their Senior seasons, don't you think maybe it's time they reach their potential?

@HuskerExtraSip

My takeaway on what Pelini said regarding Rome: Rome didn't like the possibility of being shuffled back in DT rotation, so he left the team.

This coming from the same kid who punched out a paper towel dispenser after the Wisconsin loss... I hate to judge him too much but this just reeks of bad attitude. The D-line gets torched so Bo decides to re-open competition for spots, Chase doesn't like it and thinks he should be starting, so he quits. Whatever happened to working hard to regain the starting spot? Making yourself better and thereby making your teammates better? What the hell is going on on this team?

• Fire 2

@HuskerExtraSip

My takeaway on what Pelini said regarding Rome: Rome didn't like the possibility of being shuffled back in DT rotation, so he left the team.

This coming from the same kid who punched out a paper towel dispenser after the Wisconsin loss... I hate to judge him too much but this just reeks of bad attitude. The D-line gets torched so Bo decides to re-open competition for spots, Chase doesn't like it and thinks he should be starting, so he quits. Whatever happened to working hard to regain the starting spot? Making yourself better and thereby making your teammates better? What the hell is going on on this team?

What a kid huh? With that attitude we should thank him for opening up another scholarship.

These young guys on this defense better be ready to play. We need a complete overhaul in my opinion. The secondary is the only area of this defense that has been playing well, and imagine how much better they could be if we had a front seven that could apply an ounce of f'ing' pressure! Get ready freshman, we need ya.

@HuskerExtraSip

What a kid huh? With that attitude we should thank him for opening up another scholarship.

we all know the paper towel dispenser's side of the story, we should wait for chase's.

@HuskerExtraSip

we all know the paper towel dispenser's side of the story, we should wait for chase's.

Agreed, but it was pretty easy to see where this story was going after word had started getting around about young guys seeing the field....

@HuskerExtraSip

You think Rome had a bad attitude? You should see the attitude on Ndamukong Suh! LOL, cracks me up. You don't think a 6 foot something, 300 pound kid that plays on the defensive line might have a bit of an attitude? Maybe an aggressive type of personality? What do you think these guys do on a daily basis? Go to practice and play patty cake, so they can be really good at ring around the rosey on Saturdays? They fight in the trenches, the get punched in the mouth, fingers in their eyes, helmets to their knees, and spit in their face. Think maybe you better be a little nasty to play up front in Div. 1....You bet your ass you better be.

• Fire 1

@HuskerExtraSip

Agreed, but it was pretty easy to see where this story was going after word had started getting around about young guys seeing the field....

the paper towel dispenser probably said something like, "even when wet, i would be better at topping the run".

You think Rome had a bad attitude? You should see the attitude on Ndamukong Suh! LOL, cracks me up. You don't think a 6 foot something, 300 pound kid that plays on the defensive line might have a bit of an attitude? Maybe an aggressive type of personality? What do you think these guys do on a daily basis? Go to practice and play patty cake, so they can be really good at ring around the rosey on Saturdays? They fight in the trenches, the get punched in the mouth, fingers in their eyes, helmets to their knees, and spit in their face. Think maybe you better be a little nasty to play up front in Div. 1....You bet your ass you better be.

That kind of attitude is absolutely fine. The kind of attitude that makes you quit when your starting spot is taken away after you didn't get the job done - that's the bad attitude I'm talking about.

• Fire 5