Chase Rome quits?

I love the fact that fans are sticking up for Bo, and I have never doubted him before this season... but all of the quitting and the game last weekend have definitely made me wonder WTF is going on.

Why would you put this on Bo? If kids like Moore, and possibly Rome, want to quit THEIR TEAM because they are losing their starting spots, then that is a character issue on them, not Bo. Chase Rome is appearing to be very selfish with this decison. They could all learn a thing or two about TEAM, from Brion Carnes....

If this is the case, then that's fine. I agree that the best players should be the ones on the field, not just the ones with the mosy seniority. Just seems strange that so many players are quitting. LSU has freshmen playing all the time and the older guys don't quit b/c of it.

• Fire 1

If UCLA can play with frosh everywhere, why can't we?

They did it out of necessity. Pelini likes to give his older guys a chance to be the starters, and most of the time, this is for good reason. Consider the thought process - he has two guys to play, one is a sophomore and one is a senior. The senior has the defensive scheme locked down and the sophomore not-so-much, but the senior doesn't really compare to the sophomore athletically. So, play the guy who knows what you want him to do, or play the guy who will probably make as many mistakes as he does good things?

Of course, David got here and started to excel right away despite not having the same schematic knowledge as other players, so he's an example that goes against Pelini's thought process.

I think, overall, Bo probably needs to do a better job of evaluating the costs/benefits of having certain players on the field.

I love the fact that fans are sticking up for Bo, and I have never doubted him before this season... but all of the quitting and the game last weekend have definitely made me wonder WTF is going on.

Why would you put this on Bo? If kids like Moore, and possibly Rome, want to quit THEIR TEAM because they are losing their starting spots, then that is a character issue on them, not Bo. Chase Rome is appearing to be very selfish with this decison. They could all learn a thing or two about TEAM, from Brion Carnes....

If this is the case, then that's fine. I agree that the best players should be the ones on the field, not just the ones with the mosy seniority. Just seems strange that so many players are quitting. LSU has freshmen playing all the time and the older guys don't quit b/c of it.

No, because all of LSU's players with those kind of character issues are busy getting suspend, and kicked off the team for "other" reasons....

Didnt Texas A&M do it in the middle of season in 2010? It proved to be pretty effective, and if I recall, they did it to better match the personel they had versus the offenses they were facing.

No sh#t!? If the gaggies can do it, we can as well.

They had some talent on that team. We may or may not. It's kinda hard to tell at this point.

If we transition to a 3-4 scheme in the midst of the season, then we are dumber than I thought we were. If there is truth to Rome leaving the team, the I say good luck to him. You all seem to jump on kid's backs around here and make comments toward their character because they leave. If they feel like they can do better and have a chance to be happy somewhere else, then so be it. If you've been at your job for 25 years, and the boss keeps promoting the young newcomers right past you even though you know you could do well in the position, then you would thing about finding greener pastures too. If you didn't think about it, then your the sucker, nobody else. Maybe Rome moves on and does well somewhere. Again, if there is even any truth to this.

If you're at a job 25 years and keep getting passed over its because you're at a level that you can handle and other people have more talent and are better. You can leave or realize you're as good as you're going to get and decide to be happy and contribute at your best level or you can leave and look for a job elsewhere and most likely be miserable.

Oh...and we worked on the 3-4 almost as much as we did our base defense so its not like we're starting fresh.

Thanks for clearing that up, i think thats important. The media is already jumping on this as a huge change, when in fact its something we have been working on.

No wonder things are not working we focusd too much on 3-4 and the base D failed. :sarcasm

No, because all of LSU's players with those kind of character issues are busy getting suspend, and kicked off the team for "other" reasons....

Come on man; I know you don't really believe that. How many have been suspended? 1? 4 are academically ineligible. The have not 1, not 2, but SIX legit RBs who could be 1st string anywhere in the country, and none of them quit or transfer due to lack of playing time.

• Fire 1

Pelini told reporters after practice Wednesday that Rome’s “personal goals and personal perception of where he should be on this football team doesn’t match the team goals.”

boy o boy this is getting juicy

This was about as upfront as I have ever seen BO be, I hope to see more of it.

Come on man; I know you don't really believe that. How many have been suspended? 1? 4 are academically ineligible. The have not 1, not 2, but SIX legit RBs who could be 1st string anywhere in the country, and none of them quit or transfer due to lack of playing time.

I did post that a little "tongue in cheek".... But I would say that the success of LSU, and the hopes of championships has been a large factor in them deciding not to transfer. That kind of success at Nebraska would probably prevent guys like Green, or Moore, and maybe Rome from transferring....

Pelini told reporters after practice Wednesday that Rome’s “personal goals and personal perception of where he should be on this football team doesn’t match the team goals.”

he ended the quote with "and that's that"

upfront, ubetcha

he ended the quote with "and that's that"

upfront, ubetcha

What did you want him to end with?