Chase Rome quits?

I see this as another schollie opening up for a more deserving player or recruit!

...to another walk-on. I hope the walk-ons play their butts off and do great things for this team, but seriously...how long can NU success translate when we're continuously trading 5-star commits for walk-ons? This is getting weird.

Spoiler: Not very long.

What happened to all this "team unity" and "were all a family" bullcrap...It seems to me this entire offseason we were fed horsesh*t by both the players and coaches...Its about time that we start sifting through the excuses/heresay and figure out what's really wrong

It's happening. Right before our eyes. They are "weeding out" the bad ones. This team is moving forward with this family concept. Youre either all in FOR THE TEAM, or youre out. Plain and simple. DUN.

Hope you're right. Otherwise, coaches are going to start getting weeded out. And I'm pretty tired of the coaching staff carousel ride. I have a feeling this could be a very important time for Bo to get this defense figured out in a hurry.

All I know is that something has to be done to make big-name recruits want to come here. We can't survive on walk-ons and 2-star long-snappers. Losing to teams like UCLA in embarrassing fashion, and having guys quitting the program left and right, isn't the way to do it.

• Fire 1

I just listened to Bo's statement about Rome. Translating what Bo said from coach speak into what he really means, here is what he said: "Chase is freakin' lazy and as a result was playing like total dog crap, and when I told him that he needs to get his sh#t together he quit."

This may be true, but if so, why was he ever the starter to begin with :confucius

It's stuff like that that makes me wonder. Just seems to be more to it than guys being lazy or not wanting competition. Competition for playing time exists at very school, not just NU.

Shut up.

What happened to all this "team unity" and "were all a family" bullcrap...It seems to me this entire offseason we were fed horsesh*t by both the players and coaches...Its about time that we start sifting through the excuses/heresay and figure out what's really wrong

It's happening. Right before our eyes. They are "weeding out" the bad ones. This team is moving forward with this family concept. Youre either all in FOR THE TEAM, or youre out. Plain and simple. DUN.

Great point. When the unhappy ones move on,doesn't take many, the culture changes dramatically.

There were quite a few of Pelinis recruits i was really looking forward to watch reach their potential here. Aggressive, highly recruited guys, like Klatchko, Chase Rome, and others like Tyler Moore, Aaron Green,Todd Peat (Possible bust?).

I think Chase may have a point getting pissed at being benched , for guys who really didn't do any better than he did.

I just listened to Bo's statement about Rome. Translating what Bo said from coach speak into what he really means, here is what he said: "Chase is freakin' lazy and as a result was playing like total dog crap, and when I told him that he needs to get his sh#t together he quit."

This may be true, but if so, why was he ever the starter to begin with :confucius

It's stuff like that that makes me wonder. Just seems to be more to it than guys being lazy or not wanting competition. Competition for playing time exists at very school, not just NU.

Shut up.

OOOhhh, internet tough guy. :box

• Fire 2

All I know is that something has to be done to make big-name recruits want to come here. We can't survive on walk-ons and 2-star long-snappers. Losing to teams like UCLA in embarrassing fashion, and having guys quitting the program left and right, isn't the way to do it.

I wouldnt call it embarrassing fashion. Maybe it could be perceived that way, but by the end of the year, not at all. I guess we just dont know yet, but many are saying UCLA could be 10-0 going into the Standford/USC stretch. Seriously, we're 10 missed tackles and a dropped pass or two from winning 38-14, and we're talkin National Championship this whole week. That's how crazy things are right now.

Shut up.

Shut up. You've used a dozen or more posts in this thread to say essentially the same thing. Just shut up already.

• Fire 5

Shut up.

I dont know why, but I cant stop laughing at this.

Shut up.

Shut up. You've used a dozen or more posts in this thread to say essentially the same thing. Just shut up already.

youmadbro.jpg

You can also spin this for the 5 star guys leaving as Hey look Son! I do not care what your star is behind your name. I just want you to get a degree where you can find a job outside of football. Do I have to show you all the Number one recruits in high school over the last decade and what they are doing now? Because I can! Then you look in the parents eyes and say this: " Mr and MRS so and so here is the deal! Your son is ranked at number 120 in the ESPN top 150! On draft day for the NFL, Roughly 210 kids are drafted! I will make sure your kid gets an education and stay on his Butt! I also believe in pure competition and what ever other coaches are promising your son is just not true! Do you really think a Coach making millions of dollars a year is going to promise your son a starting position? If they are, then they are lying to you! I will make sure your son is in class!" Maybe I am wrong on this one. Sounds good,but probably does not equate to people these days.