Chase Rome quits?

I just listened to Bo's statement about Rome. Translating what Bo said from coach speak into what he really means, here is what he said: "Chase is freakin' lazy and as a result was playing like total dog crap, and when I told him that he needs to get his sh#t together he quit."

HOw come I think I agree with you Husker shark? I am proficient in 3 languages, But I think/know that some on this site do speak Bo PELINI! Sissy walked out! End of story. He transfers to some unknown school never to be heard from again! I remember a certain Army school I attended in the military. There were Seals there, there were force recon and recon marines there! There were other special units there! I remember seeing how big these guys were and in the back of my mind thought no way I could compete with them and was very intimidated. Needless to say as the school went on I watched some 5 star guys fall out. Was I the best? Heck NO! But I kept grinding it out. Well Chase Rome was one of those special players that mentally quit is all! By the way did not finish the school! something about a PLF and hitting head, head and head finished me off/lol.

If we transition to a 3-4 scheme in the midst of the season, then we are dumber than I thought we were. If there is truth to Rome leaving the team, the I say good luck to him. You all seem to jump on kid's backs around here and make comments toward their character because they leave. If they feel like they can do better and have a chance to be happy somewhere else, then so be it. If you've been at your job for 25 years, and the boss keeps promoting the young newcomers right past you even though you know you could do well in the position, then you would thing about finding greener pastures too. If you didn't think about it, then your the sucker, nobody else. Maybe Rome moves on and does well somewhere. Again, if there is even any truth to this.

If you're at a job 25 years and keep getting passed over its because you're at a level that you can handle and other people have more talent and are better. You can leave or realize you're as good as you're going to get and decide to be happy and contribute at your best level or you can leave and look for a job elsewhere and most likely be miserable.

Oh...and we worked on the 3-4 almost as much as we did our base defense so its not like we're starting fresh.

Yes, you can tough it out and stay, your right. But you can't fault a guy for thinking he may have a shot at making a difference somewhere else. A lot of these guys want to have great college careers and maybe even move on to the Professional level. If that's what he wants, so be it. Good luck to him. Cody Green and Aaron Green seem to making impacts for their teams already.

As far as you 3-4 comment, what evidence do you have that says we worked on 3-4 as much as our base? I never heard more than just rumor mill bullsh#t from this site. Other than that, I heard no concrete evidence that we were actually doing it. If we did, work on the 3-4 and 4-3 equally, I guess that would explain why our 4-3 looks so f'ing' terrible this year huh? Maybe we should focus on one scheme at a time.

True to the Red.........ALWAYS?!?!!?

I just listened to Bo's statement about Rome. Translating what Bo said from coach speak into what he really means, here is what he said: "Chase is freakin' lazy and as a result was playing like total dog crap, and when I told him that he needs to get his sh#t together he quit."

Even if that, Bo's actual statement to me was anything but the usual "coach speak". He sounded pretty blunt, and pissed for that matter. He said it how it was. Started off with "because of personal issues" and then seemed to change is mind, mid-statement into, yes, basically what you translated to.

Maybe a false sense of entitlement. Or, maybe people were getting tired of replacing paper towel dispensers.

From my time around the team and the coaching staff, I always got the feeling that the players loved the coaches and the team. But, I am perplexed about wtf is going on in Lincoln right now...

Aaron Green

Ryan Klatcho

Tyler Moore

Chase Rome

These are all high profile guys. 1 or 2 leaving I understand, but this can not continue to happen.

HOw come I think I agree with you Husker shark? I am proficient in 3 languages, But I think/know that some on this site do speak Bo PELINI! Sissy walked out! End of story. He transfers to some unknown school never to be heard from again! I remember a certain Army school I attended in the military. There were Seals there, there were force recon and recon marines there! There were other special units there! I remember seeing how big these guys were and in the back of my mind thought no way I could compete with them and was very intimidated. Needless to say as the school went on I watched some 5 star guys fall out. Was I the best? Heck NO! But I kept grinding it out. Well Chase Rome was one of those special players that mentally quit is all! By the way did not finish the school! something about a PLF and hitting head, head and head finished me off/lol.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. When sh1t gets tough, do you grab your balls, throw them over your shoulder and get sh1t done or do you quit? Guess we know what Rome does...

• Fire 1

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. When sh1t gets tough, do you grab your balls, throw them over your shoulder and get sh1t done or do you quit? Guess we know what Rome does...

eyeswear2allthatsholy

From my time around the team and the coaching staff, I always got the feeling that the players loved the coaches and the team. But, I am perplexed about wtf is going on in Lincoln right now...

Aaron Green

Ryan Klatcho

Tyler Moore

Chase Rome

These are all high profile guys. 1 or 2 leaving I understand, but this can not continue to happen.

And ALL of those guys were high profile recruits. All of which could have contributed a lot to the Huskers and our successes.

In case anyone needs a source:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120912/BIGRED/120919894/1002

I thought this was interesting:

"But Rome didn't play as much at UCLA, getting replaced by redshirt freshman Kevin Williams and true freshman Aaron Curry. In Rome's absence, redshirt freshman Todd Peat, Jr. may get more of a playing opportunity. “He's been doing a lot of rehab, a lot of extra work on the side,” defensive line coach Rick Kaczenski said.

It seems to me that when we lose a player, there are other players that are waiting to take their place. Since we've all been crabbing about how much we want the freshmen to play, this should be music to our ears. It is for me. I say if a younger kid can do the job better than the older one-let him play. I also agree that if Bo ever wanted to try something relatively new, the next two games are a perfect time to try it.

Wish I could plus ten this Bat Boy!

This may be true, but if so, why was he ever the starter to begin with :confucius

It's stuff like that that makes me wonder. Just seems to be more to it than guys being lazy or not wanting competition. Competition for playing time exists at very school, not just NU.

• Fire 1

I see this as another schollie opening up for a more deserving player or recruit!

...to another walk-on. I hope the walk-ons play their butts off and do great things for this team, but seriously...how long can NU success translate when we're continuously trading 5-star commits for walk-ons? This is getting weird.

What happened to all this "team unity" and "were all a family" bullcrap...It seems to me this entire offseason we were fed horsesh*t by both the players and coaches...Its about time that we start sifting through the excuses/heresay and figure out what's really wrong

It's happening. Right before our eyes. They are "weeding out" the bad ones. This team is moving forward with this family concept. Youre either all in FOR THE TEAM, or youre out. Plain and simple. DUN.

• Fire 1

People can have the attitude that it's the players' faults all they want, but there's no denying that this does have a negative impact. When potential recruits see all of these past big-name guys quitting, it's gotta make them wonder what the heck is going on.

• Fire 1
What happened to all this "team unity" and "were all a family" bullcrap...It seems to me this entire offseason we were fed horsesh*t by both the players and coaches...Its about time that we start sifting through the excuses/heresay and figure out what's really wrong

Well this wide open message board, where anybody can post anything (almost) they like, is exactly the right place to get immediately to the bottom of things. Witness thread title "Bo has resigned".