*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Description:

During February 2016 I had the special opportunity to shoot with the upcoming RED Weapon 8K camera. These are the earliest of days for 8K and this was as much a camera test as an actual shoot for me. However, this format size and resolution are two important things for me as we are getting into the VistaVision+ format size.

As for the concept, I wanted to put together something fairly unique for my first 8K shoot and have wanted to work with Bladesmith Tony Swatton for over 7 years as his swords have been on a few films I've worked on in the past. This video documents Tony over the course of several days as he forges and constructs a modern take on a Roman Gladius Sword that features damascus steel. It was a special few days shooting with Tony in his shop as he gears up to move into a new location after 25 years. I've always found damascus to be one the most beautiful ways to craft a blade. In this case there's a 93 layer damascus technique in the blade, twisted in the grip, and in detailed pieces throughout the guard and pommel nut. The finish of the blade maintains a darkness, yet still captures a shine from the light.

If you are interested in the lenses used, lighting, post workflow, or some behind the scenes stills; I've written up a small BTS here:
http://phfx.com/articles/forgedIn8K/

Man Arrested for Not Returning Rental VHS Tape 14 Years Ago

http://www.buzzfeed.com/leticiamiranda/man-arrested-for-overdue-vhs#.wgoolmZyqE

"Freddy Got Fingered"?

He should have gotten arrested for watching the movie in the first place.

Naw. He should be *applauded* for keeping a copy of Freddie Got Fingered off the streets. :lol:

• Fire 1

lqk4dwmerxfmovx7vuqo.jpg

What's Flakka and Is It Real? A Guide to the New Moral-Panic Death Drugs
By Sam Biddle www.gawker.com 4/16/15 1:05pm
The increasing legality of marijuana means one thing: Pot is very easy to buy and no longer cool to do. To fill this thrill-void, our country's idiots are turning to insane substances like krokodil, bath salts, jenkum, meow meow and now flakka, transforming into psychotic murder machines in the process. Or so local news would have us believe.
What is Flakka? What about Meow Meow? Are they for real? Is anyone actually doing them? Will they actually kill you? Here's your guide to the new generation of moral-panic death drugs. LINK

Flakka? Meow Meow? Jenkem? Man, there's some weird sh#t out there. (And I mean literally real sh#t: Jenkem. lol) :lol: