*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

With “Singles’ Day” looming in China (Nov. 11), one man thought the time was right to try to tie the knot with his girlfriend, preventing them both from having to participate in any future 11/11 festivities.

As a keystone of the young programmer’s marriage proposal were 99 iPhones 6’s placed on the ground and arranged in the form of a heart. The setup, as reported by The Nanfang, cost the love-bitten chap two years’ salary (about $82,000).
But that evidently wasn’t enough. She said no.

Link

With “Singles’ Day” looming in China (Nov. 11), one man thought the time was right to try to tie the knot with his girlfriend, preventing them both from having to participate in any future 11/11 festivities.

As a keystone of the young programmer’s marriage proposal were 99 iPhones 6’s placed on the ground and arranged in the form of a heart. The setup, as reported by The Nanfang, cost the love-bitten chap two years’ salary (about $82,000).
But that evidently wasn’t enough. She said no.

Link

But of course, with a bushel of iPhones that size, we’re not convinced he has any real reason to feel too bummed. According to a recent survey, one in five men would actually rather have an iPhone 6 than a girlfriend.

That poor fellow needs to work out a trade! lol

• Fire 1

Anyone else seen Interstellar yet? The experience at the IMAX was pretty epic.

YES. The spectacle is great. Some of the science was really good, some was dubious, and towards the end you reeeally had to suspend belief (There's a couple of fundamental inaccuracies, but I guess part of the premise of the movie is that with one of them we don't really know). The movie also took itself way way way seriously(too seriously in some cases), and there's one monologue/dialogue from Anne Hathaway that just plain did not belong in the movie. But I'm nitpicking because I had such high hopes for the movie.

Overall I'd say that A) I was disappointed and B) You should absolutely see this movie. Yes those statements are not mutually exclusive.