Iowa Hawkeyes

WoodyHayes1951

I'm not so sure they are even going to hit that 6 win plateau this year. That would mean going .500 in Big Ten play. They had a hard enough time doing that against lesser competition. They are going to have to beat the easiest teams, Minnesota, Indiana, and Penn St., plus find someone to really upset.

Also, yes, why in the hell is Ferentz still their coach all these years later? Not to mention the highest paid coach in the conference? I guess he does have the untouchable winning percentage of 55%. That's right. The highest paid coach in the Big Ten averages 6 1/2 wins per year, and he's been doing it for 14 years.

I'm not so sure they are even going to hit that 6 win plateau this year. That would mean going .500 in Big Ten play. They had a hard enough time doing that against lesser competition. They are going to have to beat the easiest teams, Minnesota, Indiana, and Penn St., plus find someone to really upset.

Also, yes, why in the hell is Ferentz still their coach all these years later? Not to mention the highest paid coach in the conference? I guess he does have the untouchable winning percentage of 55%. That's right. The highest paid coach in the Big Ten averages 6 1/2 wins per year, and he's been doing it for 14 years.

One of the mysteries of the universe..........

Another is why the name Ferentz kept coming up in our coach wish lists. I keep reminding people how he took a knee at midfield vs anOSU rather than try one Hail Mary before overtime.

I just hope he does enough to keep his job there at Iowa for a long, long time.

Probably the most overrated coach in the history of sports.

Another is why the name Ferentz kept coming up in our coach wish lists. I keep reminding people how he took a knee at midfield vs anOSU rather than try one Hail Mary before overtime.

I would take Ferentz as a o line coach sure, but no chance as a head coach.

Iowa fans always seem to be happy with just making a bowl game. I doubt most of them would even call for his head if they lost out. Where our fans are going to start calling for heads at 8 wins.

I would take Ferentz as a o line coach sure, but no chance as a head coach.

Iowa fans always seem to be happy with just making a bowl game. I doubt most of them would even call for his head if they lost out. Where our fans are going to start calling for heads at 8 wins.

His claim to fame is working with his players. I saw some graph comparing recruiting rankings to actual wins. Notre Dame and Miami were near the bottom, Iowa was one of the biggest overachievers.