College game day

Say what you want about gameday but it doesn't hurt to get your program that exposure and into recruits minds.

No. Gameday and recruiting are a result of winning. You don't get good recruits because Gameday comes to your school. You win, you get exposure, recruits like that, and Gameday comes along in the wake. Gameday feeds off of schools, schools don't feed off of Gameday. People have this so backwards.

I think we have lost the last three, not sure which ones you are counting for Washington. But USC, twice and Wisky last year. You can wish for them there all you want. Even at that losing 50% must be your new standard, good for you.

I don't think I ever wished for them there. But I'm willing to excuse the Callahan ones, as it want exactly a sunny time in Nebraska's history.

I guess you have me at the Wisconsin one, but you're right, I've been exposed as one of those shadowy boosters who have the athletic department by the pills. We are only happy with mediocrity. This is precisely why our next move is to officially change our tradition to the "Sea of Taupe" next year.

The shirts......they're pretty ok.

UCLA at Nebraska, Win

CU at Nebraska, Win

Nebraska at CU, Win

Fiesta Bowl vs Florida, Win

Orange Bowl vs Tenn, Win

Washington at Nebraska, Win

Nebraska at KSU, Loss

Nebraska at Notre Dame, Win

Nebraska at Oklahoma, Loss

Notre Dame at Nebraska, Win

Oklahoma at Nebraska, Win

Rose Bowl vs Miami, Loss

Nebraska at USC, Loss

USC at Nebraska, Win

Nebraska at Wisconsin, Loss

Umm...unfortunately I'm pretty sure NU didn't win that game.

UCLA at Nebraska, Win

CU at Nebraska, Win

Nebraska at CU, Win

Fiesta Bowl vs Florida, Win

Orange Bowl vs Tenn, Win

Washington at Nebraska, Win

Nebraska at KSU, Loss

Nebraska at Notre Dame, Win

Nebraska at Oklahoma, Loss

Notre Dame at Nebraska, Win

Oklahoma at Nebraska, Win

Rose Bowl vs Miami, Loss

Nebraska at USC, Loss

USC at Nebraska, Win

Nebraska at Wisconsin, Loss

Umm...unfortunately I'm pretty sure NU didn't win that game.

You are correct. That was just a typo. I remember that one quite well. Terrible birthday for me :lol:

I guess I should have said recently. I know they are of value, or supposed value for recruiting, but right now I would just prefer the team and staff concentrate on Wisconsin, Ohio State and any others in the way. It turns into a circus for the program, and where we are, we need to only be concerned with the team in front of us. Sorry Polo.

snapback.pngskersfan, on 24 September 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

We do not fair very well with game day around. Glad they are not going to be here. Wisky will play their best game is my guess and we better to to have a chance. The big is pathetic as a conference, it amazes me that Game day is even coming to the conference, many more games out there tof interest it would seem.

it amazes me that the BIG is going thru a hard time and people are already saying how pathetic it is. Yes this year the conference is down but, the BIG is far far from pathetic. Mich, OSU, Mich St. NU, are all good schools, Just give it time. Once OSU gets thru the sanctions they will be right back in the hunt for the MNC, Mich, will be back in it in a year or two, NU is getting better and will be contenders soon, maybe next year, Mich ST. is on the rise as well. The BIG is the most historic conference in the country, and it will be back near the top soon. People need to quit being so doom and gloom all the time. When we left the Big 12 for the BIG the BIG was the superior conference, and soon it will be again. It wasnt that long ago and the SEC was no where near what it is now. The BIG has too much tradition and too much good things going for it to not get back near the top.

and skersfan I dont mean that as a personal attack at you in anyway, I just used your quote as an example

everyones expecting us to win by 1 or 2 hundred points, myself included so wont be a very interesting game for the Gameday..

Wasn't Texass supposed to go that route a couple of years ago in Lincoln?

gQuc4.gif

the Fly Lu Kang kick from Mortal Kombat. And he landed it.

Funny how no one aided the guy who got kicked.

snapback.pngskersfan, on 24 September 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

We do not fair very well with game day around. Glad they are not going to be here. Wisky will play their best game is my guess and we better to to have a chance. The big is pathetic as a conference, it amazes me that Game day is even coming to the conference, many more games out there tof interest it would seem.

it amazes me that the BIG is going thru a hard time and people are already saying how pathetic it is. Yes this year the conference is down but, the BIG is far far from pathetic. Mich, OSU, Mich St. NU, are all good schools, Just give it time. Once OSU gets thru the sanctions they will be right back in the hunt for the MNC, Mich, will be back in it in a year or two, NU is getting better and will be contenders soon, maybe next year, Mich ST. is on the rise as well. The BIG is the most historic conference in the country, and it will be back near the top soon. People need to quit being so doom and gloom all the time. When we left the Big 12 for the BIG the BIG was the superior conference, and soon it will be again. It wasnt that long ago and the SEC was no where near what it is now. The BIG has too much tradition and too much good things going for it to not get back near the top.

and skersfan I dont mean that as a personal attack at you in anyway, I just used your quote as an example

Yes. And folks need to quit making all of it a "football only" issue. Moving to the Big 10 was a heck of a lot more than that. Big 10 is quite dominant in basketball and volleyball by the way. But we suck at baseball and football (supposedly). It's just life i guess.

This is just this year I think, we as a conference seem to be down more than usual. I see Wisconsin rebounding with experience and time. Getting all their changes figured out, with personel and staff has to be daunting task. Michigan had a better schedule last year as I understand it and faired quite well. Most on this board have stated they would be hard pressed to match last year. Penn State, well we can thank the NCAA for their situation as far as football. Ohio State will be back, if not this year within the next couple of years anyway. Michigan State lost their all century QB it seems. Dantonio will right the ship. I just think this year all seem to be down a notch and due to the poor showing in the OofC schedule we look worse than we may end up.

Nebraska, who really knows where we are. Bo saying this could be his best defense since he got here, makes you wonder. We will know where we are in the next 10 days is my guess. I really do not know. I do not count the last two games. Wins, but not sure what we learned from them. My guess is Wisconsin will smack us in the mouth, we will then see how we respond to big bad boys, that have an attitude, next we will see the infamous mobile QB, and what happens there will spell the story for the year.

I think we win the Wisconsin game, and lose the Ohio State game, but if we play the Buckeyes close and do not get embarassed, I think Bo will have turned the corner. Lets hope so anyway.

This is just this year I think, we as a conference seem to be down more than usual. I see Wisconsin rebounding with experience and time. Getting all their changes figured out, with personel and staff has to be daunting task. Michigan had a better schedule last year as I understand it and faired quite well. Most on this board have stated they would be hard pressed to match last year. Penn State, well we can thank the NCAA for their situation as far as football. Ohio State will be back, if not this year within the next couple of years anyway. Michigan State lost their all century QB it seems. Dantonio will right the ship. I just think this year all seem to be down a notch and due to the poor showing in the OofC schedule we look worse than we may end up.

Nebraska, who really knows where we are. Bo saying this could be his best defense since he got here, makes you wonder. We will know where we are in the next 10 days is my guess. I really do not know. I do not count the last two games. Wins, but not sure what we learned from them. My guess is Wisconsin will smack us in the mouth, we will then see how we respond to big bad boys, that have an attitude, next we will see the infamous mobile QB, and what happens there will spell the story for the year.

I think we win the Wisconsin game, and lose the Ohio State game, but if we play the Buckeyes close and do not get embarassed, I think Bo will have turned the corner. Lets hope so anyway.

Have to agree big time with this.... I want so bad to beleive we can wint this game handily. I just can't pull the trigger yet. We have to prove ourselves this week