Packers-Seahawks

tschu

Just a Packers fan, but honestly it's hard to dislike the guy. He's got a good life story and he's just an all around good guy.

*edit*

That said, I just heard Golden Tate's post game interview on ESPN and I now have no respect for that punk. Praises god in one sentence for competing for the ball, never admitted that he did or didn't catch it. Then he's asked "Did you push off?" his answer "I don't know what your talking about." Good work there Peter deny, deny, deny.

sh#t makes me laugh. The NFL is a total joke. The refs are doing their best, I'm sure - it's the NFL itself that looks horrible for letting it go this long.

In some cases they are, in others, not. I think a lot of the heat and criticism they're taking is unfair. Last year, most of these guys were refereeing division two/three games and we're not held to the same standards as NFL refs. It's a damn-near 300 page rule book and even the real NFL refs have trouble remembering it sometimes. Now, you're asking amateurs to fill their shoes? It's no surprise things are rough.

That's in their defense. Against them, they've made some very dumb decisions (like the one guy dressing up in Saints gear and taking pictures, bragging about he was going to referee the game). I mean, how thick can you get?

All in all, the call at the end of tonight's game was bad, but I think people should have an opinion more like yours - this is the NFL's fault, NOT the replacement refs. They're being asked to do a job that is currently beyond them.

In watching the replay several times, it appears to me that the ref on the field side and the ref from the endzone both looked at each other and when the field ref saw the other ref raise his arms, he thought he was going to signal touchdown and did so himself. Unfortunately the endzone ref waved his arms to stop the clock which signals an interception or change of possession. The proper thing to do was to have a conference to see what they each thought happened and when. Then the head ref should have made a decision. I'm not sure if they could have chosen to not make a decision and let the booth make the final call?