Over/Under 2 years with a new A.D. before alcohol is allowed in Husker facilities....

Comish

(Not sure if this is the correct forum for posting).......didn't seem like it would fit in JUST football or basketball...........move if needed.

With a new A.D. and T.O. being a major reason we don't allow alcohol, I'm just wondering how long before that stance changes (especially in Pinnacle Arena)

Not happening. TO MAY (I emphasize 'may') have been a part of the reason, but I would tend to bet there are some others (boosters) that wouldn't want to tread down that path. And if TO was the influence behind not having it, why didn't that change in the time TO wasn't in the athletic department? He was gone for 9-10 years, depending on how you're rounding. I think a major shift in thinking would have to happen by a lot of people before alcohol is openly allowed at any UNL athletic events. MHO on the subject.

Not happening. TO MAY (I emphasize 'may') have been a part of the reason, but I would tend to bet there are some others (boosters) that wouldn't want to tread down that path. And if TO was the influence behind not having it, why didn't that change in the time TO wasn't in the athletic department? He was gone for 9-10 years, depending on how you're rounding. I think a major shift in thinking would have to happen by a lot of people before alcohol is openly allowed at any UNL athletic events. MHO on the subject.

Good points. I actually am not advocating it. I've just heard the stories about what a difference it supposedly made for Creighton basketball attendance.

O-H is right, though. If you're going to make the argument for basketball games, baseball games really goes right along with it. Again, for the reasons I stated above, I don't think it'll ever happen. People can hope, but unless the campus goes wet, I don't see alcohol being sold at Husker sporting events. Too many boosters that won't want it, and would press to not allow it. That, and I doubt the regents will ever allow it. They're the ones responsible to the voters, and I would tend to guess the vast majority of voters in this state wouldn't want it. Just don't see it happening, at least not any time soon.

O-H is right, though. If you're going to make the argument for basketball games, baseball games really goes right along with it. Again, for the reasons I stated above, I don't think it'll ever happen. People can hope, but unless the campus goes wet, I don't see alcohol being sold at Husker sporting events. Too many boosters that won't want it, and would press to not allow it. That, and I doubt the regents will ever allow it. They're the ones responsible to the voters, and I would tend to guess the vast majority of voters in this state wouldn't want it. Just don't see it happening, at least not any time soon.

Maybe not, but I know a lot of basketball fans who really believe it's doable. Anyway, my original OP was the over/under at 2 years and I'll take the over.

(The REAL question is.................what do we have to do to get COKE products sold at the venues) !!

• Fire 1

I believe so, ZRod. And I know you weren't necessarily advocating, Comish. Just don't see it happening. And agreed, this isn't the only place I've seen it mentioned, and a lot of people seem to think it's possible. I just think a lot of them are thinking what they'd want, as opposed to the reality of the situation, and what would really need to change in order for it to happen. And FWIW, I'll take the overs too. :D