New addition to the field

knapplc

For those asking what the purpose is or saying how dumb it is. Have you ever heard of marketing? UNL is being innovative and getting their name out on one of the biggest platforms on the WorldWideWeb in twitter and people are complaining. :facepalm: Nothing seems to surprise me on this board.

Bla Bla Bla. I just wanted to know that it was. I do not use fritter. Nor do I know what a hashtag is. Seriously. So I just wanted to know what the reasoning was. However, it is tacky as hell. I know, youre referring to people actually complaining about it.

Not to mention the fact if they're that tech savy to know how to "Twitter" they sure as heck can think up something as utterly original as #huskers ........ DAFUQ.

that is like the official hashtag of the huskers. that is the point. so people use it and search it and see it trending. is may seem lame or pointless, but it does not hurt.

For those asking what the purpose is or saying how dumb it is. Have you ever heard of marketing? UNL is being innovative and getting their name out on one of the biggest platforms on the WorldWideWeb in twitter and people are complaining. :facepalm: Nothing seems to surprise me on this board.

Bla Bla Bla. I just wanted to know that it was. I do not use fritter. Nor do I know what a hashtag is. Seriously. So I just wanted to know what the reasoning was. However, it is tacky as hell. I know, youre referring to people actually complaining about it.

Not to mention the fact if they're that tech savy to know how to "Twitter" they sure as heck can think up something as utterly original as #huskers ........ DAFUQ.

What would you suggest as an alternative? #Nebraskaisnumberone or #lilredherbiescarletncream ? Originality isn't the name of the game for high-profile college athletic programs, especially not Nebraska. #huskers serves it's purpose and is simple.

As stated above, maybe each corner should "simply" say TOM OSBORNE FIELD. That would serve a broader purpose, and more meaningful one.

My point was not to be condescending, simply more to the point that like smartphone "apps", most users today have no problem being able to find the necessary site they want. We are a nation of Googles. Bings, etc., etc.

#huskers is "obvious".

I like the hashtag thing, I'm just not sure about putting it directly on the field :dunno Maybe some signage around the field, i.e. on the fences on the sidelines.

I understand the field thing because of its visibility to the tv audience. Theyre the ones with most likely immediate access to the web to go check it out. Like I said, I understand it and am for it now that I know what it means, even if I dont take part in it.

#Huskers on the field? That's so 2012. We need to get ahead of the game with something more 2013...

... replace the N on the helmets with #uskers.

... replace the names on the back of the jerseys with the player's Twitter handle

... instead of cheering after a great play, everyone could "Like" the play on Facebook with the number of likes updating live on the replay screen.

I know, I just blew your mind.

• Fire 3

#Huskers on the field? That's so 2012. We need to get ahead of the game with something more 2013...

... replace the N on the helmets with #uskers.

... replace the names on the back of the jerseys with the player's Twitter handle

... instead of cheering after a great play, everyone could "Like" the play on Facebook with the number of likes updating live on the replay screen.

I know, I just blew your mind.

Might as well. Couldnt be any quieter. (did I just say that?)

I like the hashtag thing, I'm just not sure about putting it directly on the field :dunno Maybe some signage around the field, i.e. on the fences on the sidelines.

I understand the field thing because of its visibility to the tv audience. Theyre the ones with most likely immediate access to the web to go check it out. Like I said, I understand it and am for it now that I know what it means, even if I dont take part in it.

I wonder if it gets used by some recruits during the game? One way for them to converse with one another. Another way for Husker and Wiskey fans to yammer at each other during the game also.