*** Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Lover of the sky is falling. :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

It's cool to be negative all the time. chuckleshuffle

Are you kidding? I was rooting like a madman through this entire game.

I just choose to see this team for what it is. Another 8-9 win team.

Far from our expectations of years ago. No?

Sorry the way you post it really difficult to tell.

I see you as a hater of the football program.

We won, our D dominated the line of scrimmage and I never saw that coming. We pressured the qb and made the stops when we needed and our db's learned how to look for the ball in the second half. There was some stupid errors in the first half all over the place, I'm not sure why we lose focus in the big games but I'm glad they got it back the second half. When we got back within 10 it was like we knew we were going to win and they couldn't stop us, I just loved that momentum we built.

First off congrats on the win, you were definitely the better team and if someone would have told me before the game that we'd lose by 3 with a chance to win I would have died laughing. This isn't to flame, but what's the deal with your offensive coordinator? Are you guys generally happy with him or is it just a feeling of being stuck with him, because I thought his offensive gameplan in the first half and midway through the third was absolutely terrible. You literally can pass on us at will. Our defensive backs sit 10 yards off the receivers and we didn't even bother lining up against your two and three bunch sets, but you guys just went with QB option reads which played right into the hands of our linebackers. Again, this isn't to flame I'm just genuinely interested in what the general feeling is in regards to your OC.

I am not as low on Beck as a lot of guys. The reason to run those QB option reads early is to wear down those LBs early so in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter we can run the ball downhill for large chunks of yards. Which worked tonight. I think it is fair to say Wisconsin's defense was exhausted.

yes I would normally agree with you, but I don't think that was a derivative of the play calling in the first half. We just have severe depth issues on the defensive line. We were without our starting defensive ends tonight and we lost our second best defensive tackle before the season due to strokes. As a result we weren't rotating our defensive line as frequently and when we were, we were playing with 3rd and 4th stringers, including a DT that literally weighs 250 and went from an ILB, to a DE, to a DT, in the span of about a month.

I just think my biggest question with your OC, and why I even posted in the first place, was how he could watch the game film of our previous games this season, and not devise a game plan that was pass heavy. Like they said on the broadcast, we don't even play the nickel and opt to leave in our linebackers in coverage because our secondary is so bad. I mean we gave up 265 passing yards to Northern Iowa and 259 passing yards to UTEP.

Turnovers kept this game close. And the worst part is the turnovers were almost all self inflicted, not like getting stripped. Nebraska was clearly the better of the two when they both played mistake free. Hopefully the drops can stop before next week.

It was self inflicted, they just looked like they were lost at the beginning, just really unsure of themselves or something. Once taylor settled down and he got into his groove we rolled.

Because Martinez still reverts some under pressure. Needed to keep WI honest with the run to open up the pass game. If we could have let WI pin back their ears and just come at Martinez over and over without respecting the run, we'd have certainly lost.

Martinez is becoming a good passer. He's not there yet, especially under pressure.

Let me put on the "rose colored glasses" as we prepare for next week.

The Huskers win 30-27. The Huskers fumbled twice deep in their own territory, plus give up a roughing the kicker penalty (might as well call this a turnover). Nebraska was not perfect by any means, but they still found a way to beat an inferior team (at least at this point) after trying their best to literally give the points, and then some, that Vegas awarded the Badgers before kickoff.

We have a mature football team to watch this year, and a team that is capable of great things offensively AND defensively. If this team can find a way to play even close to that full potential without "making it interesting", they are going to win some games this year.

I'm loving it right now. I, like many, felt the Huskers dug too big of a whole but look at the clock and think, "if the defense can stop, and the offense can score; they got it!" This is exactly how I felt at halftime of the infamous Colorado game. Sadly that one didn't turn out this way. But, I have a feeling the "abyss" that has been the last 11 years has finally come full circle and this team is capable of some special things. Not next year, this year!!!

Goooooooooooooooooo Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggg RRReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off congrats on the win, you were definitely the better team and if someone would have told me before the game that we'd lose by 3 with a chance to win I would have died laughing. This isn't to flame, but what's the deal with your offensive coordinator? Are you guys generally happy with him or is it just a feeling of being stuck with him, because I thought his offensive gameplan in the first half and midway through the third was absolutely terrible. You literally can pass on us at will. Our defensive backs sit 10 yards off the receivers and we didn't even bother lining up against your two and three bunch sets, but you guys just went with QB option reads which played right into the hands of our linebackers. Again, this isn't to flame I'm just genuinely interested in what the general feeling is in regards to your OC.

I am not as low on Beck as a lot of guys. The reason to run those QB option reads early is to wear down those LBs early so in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter we can run the ball downhill for large chunks of yards. Which worked tonight. I think it is fair to say Wisconsin's defense was exhausted.

yes I would normally agree with you, but I don't think that was a derivative of the play calling in the first half. We just have severe depth issues on the defensive line. We were without our starting defensive ends tonight and we lost our second best defensive tackle before the season due to strokes. As a result we weren't rotating our defensive line as frequently and when we were, we were playing with 3rd and 4th stringers, including a DT that literally weighs 250 and went from an ILB, to a DE, to a DT, in the span of about a month.

I just think my biggest question with your OC, and why I even posted in the first place, was how he could watch the game film of our previous games this season, and not devise a game plan that was pass heavy. Like they said on the broadcast, we don't even play the nickel and opt to leave in our linebackers in coverage because our secondary is so bad. I mean we gave up 265 passing yards to Northern Iowa and 259 passing yards to UTEP.

good point I forgot about the ends being out. that would explain our o line doing so well tonight, but your d played their butts off, if they had more bodies who knows what happens. But back to your point, I was really expecting us to come out passing until they could show they could stop it. Instead they are stuborn and run into a stacked front no matter what, I just really have been confused as to the play calling at several points since he took over OC.

I so thought we were wasting our biggest recruiting weekend, then we turn it around and get an exciting win. Hope we made a good enough impression on them tonight!!

If Pelini's post game speech in the locker room was anywhere close to the speech of last year's Ohio State game, we should hear news of about 15 recruits tomorrow morning!!!!