*** Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Guys....I've got wood having watched this comeback. But in the end, we beat a mediocre Wiscy team at home....and had to comeback from 17 to do it.

Lets celebrate this win. But October is the tell-tale for where this team will fall.

STFU.

Exactly.

^^^^

Lover of mediocrity :ahhhhhhhh

Lover of the sky is falling. :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

It's cool to be negative all the time. chuckleshuffle

Guys....I've got wood having watched this comeback. But in the end, we beat a mediocre Wiscy team at home....and had to comeback from 17 to do it.

Lets celebrate this win. But October is the tell-tale for where this team will fall.

STFU.

Exactly.

^^^^

Lover of mediocrity :ahhhhhhhh

Lover of the sky is falling. :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

It's cool to be negative all the time. chuckleshuffle

Are you kidding? I was rooting like a madman through this entire game.

I just choose to see this team for what it is. Another 8-9 win team.

Far from our expectations of years ago. No?

First off congrats on the win, you were definitely the better team and if someone would have told me before the game that we'd lose by 3 with a chance to win I would have died laughing. This isn't to flame, but what's the deal with your offensive coordinator? Are you guys generally happy with him or is it just a feeling of being stuck with him, because I thought his offensive gameplan in the first half and midway through the third was absolutely terrible. You literally can pass on us at will. Our defensive backs sit 10 yards off the receivers and we didn't even bother lining up against your two and three bunch sets, but you guys just went with QB option reads which played right into the hands of our linebackers. Again, this isn't to flame I'm just genuinely interested in what the general feeling is in regards to your OC.

This is only his 2nd full season of calling plays at the college level. He's still learning and his offense can be deadly when it's dialed in.

First off congrats on the win, you were definitely the better team and if someone would have told me before the game that we'd lose by 3 with a chance to win I would have died laughing. This isn't to flame, but what's the deal with your offensive coordinator? Are you guys generally happy with him or is it just a feeling of being stuck with him, because I thought his offensive gameplan in the first half and midway through the third was absolutely terrible. You literally can pass on us at will. Our defensive backs sit 10 yards off the receivers and we didn't even bother lining up against your two and three bunch sets, but you guys just went with QB option reads which played right into the hands of our linebackers. Again, this isn't to flame I'm just genuinely interested in what the general feeling is in regards to your OC.

Our OC like most of our staff is learning on the job, he has really improved over last season but still has a ways to go. In his defense it is always easier to second guess his play calling than it would be to run it in the heat of the moment. And to criticize everyone in the frickin world could see they were sold out on the run and he should have been calling some pass plays to back the d off and we didn't get in the game until he did.

Well, bout lost my voice. I was screaming at the TV when Taylor got stripped in the 2nd. I still act like a big kid when I watch NU football... Luckily I didn't break anything.

Anyway, absolutely thrilled to see such a comeback, obviously. Honestly from a media coverage and recruiting standpoint, pulling out an amazing close win like that is better than ripping of Bucky's arm and beating them with it in a blowout.

As psyched as I am right now, I agree with the guys who have a (small) negative voice in the back of their head. I thought to myself as the 2nd half drew to an end, if the game continued the way it was going and NU let another game away by crapping all over themselves, I was going to join the "Fire Bo" bandwagon. Firmly.

We came back and won, but I would've carried through on that. For one, my heart just can't take many more years of big games going like this. But secondly, I seriously doubt we'll ever take that proverbial next step and be a legitimate MNC contender with the likes of LSU and Alabama unless we eliminate the mental mistakes. We can't out-recruit those $EC dirtball teams, so if we are ever going to give them a run for their money, you do it by playing fundamentally sound football and NOT shooting yourself in the foot.

Luckily, the finish made it one of the best NU football games I've had the pleasure of watching, and reminded me why I love football. Bring on Bucknuts. GBR!!

:bigredn::throwdabones1::koolaid2:

I don't see how people can be disappointed in this win. The team easily could've quit when they were down 27-10. Instead they showed tremendous resolve and should be applauded. Steinkuhler and others really came to life tonight.

I'm truly happy to see that this team has a heartbeat. Really, I am. But this fanbase has gone from expecting perfection to cheering medocrity. And well, that doesn't sit well with me. Tonight should have never happened. But it did.

FLU, is that you??

Naah....just someone who doesn't emote about reality. Looks at facts and accepts them for what they are.

Great win. Fun to watch.

Doesn't change reality.

Sorry your reality is warped. Some see as true, but most don't.

What are the facts.

I am not as low on Beck as a lot of guys. The reason to run those QB option reads early is to wear down those LBs early so in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter we can run the ball downhill for large chunks of yards. Which worked tonight. I think it is fair to say Wisconsin's defense was exhausted.