Pelini quote about his ability (I'm assuming)

i wish nebraska would hire the kansas state head coach, that guy does great with a buch of 2 and 3 star players

What?

(note that I'm confronting the post and not the poster) This gentleman's posts either represent the ideals of a severly imcompotent person or those of a troll. Please refrain from contributing to the continuation of these absolutely IDIOTIC posts. If he truly is a Husker fan, he deserves isolation from all civilized Husker fans for his recent remarks.

Good day!

Edit: Ronsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, if you truly are a fan and don't realize what you've just said, private message me. I will be more than happy to explain my reaction. Plus, TuffTiger needs someone to talk to.

(note that I'm confronting the post and not the poster) This gentleman's posts either represent the ideals of a severly imcompotent person or those of a troll. Please refrain from contributing to the continuation of these absolutely IDIOTIC posts. If he truly is a Husker fan, he deserves isolation from all civilized Husker fans for his recent remarks.

Good day!

I'm not sure a single one of those points is actually talking about the post.

Good day!

I'm not sure a single one of those points is actually talking about the post.

I may have missed the #sarcasm. Did I???

:cheers

Haha! I actually wasn't going for wordplay there.

It really did strike me as a little odd. And let's not make a mountain out of a molehill or anything, but I do think there is a little bit of a pattern here and it's a slight concern. When things are good, Bo will take the opportunity to say stuff like this. The "Oh yeah, I just showed you" shtick. I'm a little wary of that...mainly because you should always have a "work isn't finished" mentality, both in PR but more importantly in actuality.

^I'm sure we are going right back to work, that's just who Bo is. But the HC sets the tone for the team in these pressers, and relishing in little bits of vindication whenever possible... maybe not giving the best cue to our players there.

And the flip side is, there are days where the shoe is on the other foot. When those days come, you can't be distracted and affected by it. Can't respond like a threatened, cornered deer, which is harder to do the more you have earlier bravado talk to keep in mind (example: Bo will have egg on his face if Ohio State racks up 200 on the ground against us. Whenever those bad days come next, reporters won't forget what Bo's said, and Bo knows they are waiting to hold him to it. Unneeded pressure)

Can't ride the highs and lows. I talk about New England a lot because they're my home team, but nobody does this better than Belichick. I really believe that's the secret to their consistent, long-term success. They are amazing at keeping an even keel and just plugging back at it, week to week, turning the page as soon as the game is over, and not worrying about what people say or anything they can't control. That's a first-class organization and something to strive for.

The only reason this topic would come up, by the way, is not because I want to go out of my way to take pot shots at Bo. I'm not doing that. It's a topic because the result of not keeping an even keel is volatility, and that's been the one big concern our team has demonstrated during the past few seasons of the otherwise-pretty-sweet Bo Pelini era.

I think you're really, really reading into things too much. Sometimes, people just say things...there doesn't have to be a secret motive or feeling behind everything.

Or DOES there?

picture12378293685573.png

btw....my "prick" comment wasn't so much about the return to Ohio question at the press conference, where I had assumed he gave a single word answer to a harmless question.

It was the two petulant swipes he took at the press after an inspiring (and pretty lucky) come from behind victory.

That, and his four year history here.

And knowing people who've met him.

Don't all come from behind victories involve a little luck?

btw....my "prick" comment wasn't so much about the return to Ohio question at the press conference, where I had assumed he gave a single word answer to a harmless question.

It was the two petulant swipes he took at the press after an inspiring (and pretty lucky) come from behind victory.

Don't all come from behind victories involve a little luck?

Sure.

Which is why it was a moment to be grateful and celebratory.

I don't care if he tells everyone to go drink Hemlock, I seriously don't. At least the guy is real. There are so many fake BS coaches saying contrived things they don't mean to portray an image that isn't true to who they are.

Devils's Ad here. All I'm saying is at least the guy is genuine. Saban is a eel who slinks his way around the microphone and then, later, might step over a severely injured player without even inquiring as to his health. Dantonio is a complete prick too, he just also happens to be Bishop from Aliens so he communicates with no non-verbal emotion.

Urban Meyer? Completely bullsh#t human, fantastic coach. "I'm having a heart attack...because I know my roster is going to plummet in talent after this year. And actually, I just want to be closer to my kids so I can spend some time with them between layovers in Boston and Bristol. I mean, they're only 32. They won't be young forever."

What do we want? I'd like Bo to be less contentious, but weirdly, I liked his postgame on Saturday. Reminded me of '08 Bo, when a win didn't mean a successful outing necessarily. You know...the years when guys like Hagg suddenly showed who they'd become after progressing all season long, tangibly improving.

I have a weird feeling about this year. I actually like it. I like Green's prima donna act out the door. Sorry son...you want carries, you're gonna need to earn them on more than your high school accolades. Ameer and Braylon put in the work and sacrificed for the team, respectively, all Green did was make a lot of noise. Later. Moore and Klathko? (sic) Don't want to be here, we ain't driving into your home town to beg you to come back. Later.

Rome? Rages out (allegedly) takes personal time, and comes back with humility and, I'd bet, a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I like that. Kid maybe freaks out, acts like an idiot like every other 18-22 year old male on this board (myself included) did/does from time to time, and has the balls to walk back in the locker. Face the looks, take his medicine.

I don't know. I'm an optimist to a fault occasionally, but this team has a little edge. Guys on D are actually hitting people after getting embarrassed in Pasadena. That takes resolve. Nothing like getting off the canvas to show heart and character. Bell gets popped hard on a big play we needed, holds onto the ball, extra 15. Abdullah (again, later Green) makes a critical catch on third, gets drilled, holds onto the ball and pops up immediately. No shimmy, no attitude, no first down motion. Just businesslike, as in, "yeah, I held on. Why? You thought that was a hard hit?"

I think we've maybe jettisoned the "talent," as they say in movies or whatever. I saw good body language on the field, even when we were down. There's a little grit in this team I think.

• Fire 3

Damn straight Nebula.

I couldn't possibly care less how un-PC Bo is with the media. To me, it's just amazing how many fans/posters get sooooooo worked up over nothing.

I honestly can't even imagine how truly devastated they would be if someone like Bob Devaney was the HC. Oh boy.....I guess we'll never be happy unless we hire a used car salesman or politician for our HC.

Nebula, I like your spin on things. Opposed to the "players are running out the door and the program is headed in the wrong direction". I totally agree with your assessment of the players who chose to leave and the way we handled it. As for Rome, I'm glad he's back and was allowed to come back. We've all been there and there is no doubt he can help this team. Maybe he just didn't want to risk injury against idaho st. :sarcasm I have no idea why he actually left, but at least he didn't string it out or take long to come back.

I have no real reason to think this, but i think the D plays inpsired and gives a "blackshirt" performance saturday. I guess time will tell.

To counter your thoughts...I know plenty that have met him including myself, and he is a GREAT guy! Some of us have met him on a general public level and some on a more personal or professional level. Bo is old fashioned and if he doesn't trust you, you won't get the time of day, and I like that.

"Contrary to what you (the media) guys think, I haven't forgotten how to coach defense and how to stop the run," Pelini said.

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=322730158

Really? Nebraska is 62nd giving up an average of 152 yards a game.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2012&rpt=IA_teamrushdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

While that's not "terrible" in the strictest sense, it is far below what any team that has "championship" aspirations.