Ohio State vs. Nebraska

BME_Buckeye

1 or 2? hmmm....

Might be hard to get prime tailgating spots near Fawcett or the Schott. There is grassy area on West Campus which is usually reserved for the late arrivals. 10 bucks. Shuttle to and from the game(up to 1 hour after the game) and it is the easiest area to get out once the traffic jam hits. (South of 5th ave is as well)

On it...thanks

No prob.

I didn't know if I was clear. West Campus is Not south of 5th ave. Just that 5th ave and West Campus are the easiest places to avoid traffic post game :P

564977_10151091946796699_1811605942_n.jpg

While the TeamJack story is a good one, and we all like the kid and the players' acting as role models, do you have to put pictures in every thread?

Yes, he does. It's something the cant be missed. No matter who is reading what thread, they will be seen by everyone, like they should be. Thanks True for doing this.

I'm one of few OSU fans that absolutely despise Wisconsin more than Michigan even though they are our main rival.

Welcome, BME. Good luck on Saturday to your team.

Your quote above prompted me to mention that I completely relate. Your Wisconsin was my Kansas State for at least a decade. While most fans probably would have named Texas as their "most hated," for me it was always the purple pussies.

We need to be able to control Braxton and not let him consistently run for big gains on us. The key isn't stopping him, but slowing him down. Hopefully we can break down and wrap up when presented with the opportunity to make a tackle on him.

I didn't watch much of the MSU / OSU game, but it seemed like the Bucks held Sparty's run game in check. I have no doubt we have a better offense, especially a better running game, than MSU, but we're going to have to play well up front, make good decisions in the backfield, and HOLD ONTO THE FOOTBALL.

It's really hard to predict a loss for my Huskers, but if I had to pick any game this year where we would lose, this would be it.

I'm hoping we play well and can spoil an undefeated season for Urban and co.

Going to Columbus Sat. Looking for Husker tailgaiters or other "safe" spots to hang out. Taking 15yr old daughter and going with Buckeye fans. Really excited as "the Shoe" is on the "bucket list stadium tours" started years back. Have found huge contingencies of Huskers in the past at ND, USC and Texas to name a few but have not been able to dial this one in yet? Night game will offer more drunks to avoid, so looking for good atmosphere, Husker or Buckeye if freindly......

Any help would be appreciated

You can count me as another Buckeye that could give some advice to traveling Huskers.

ATL,

A great safe place to take your daughter prior to the game is to Skull Session, which is a pep rally/final warm up for the OSU Marching Band prior to the game. Admission is free and Skull Session starts a little more that two hours prior to kickoff, but you have to get there early to get good seats. The Buckeye team also makes a brief appearance at Skull Session on their way to the stadium. I'd suggest getting there by about 5:00 if you want good seats. If your daughter is in her High School

Buckeye fans have developed a bad reputation as hosts for visiting fans, but that all really peaked in 2002. The atmosphere for visiting fans has really improved a lot in the last decade, and I have heard a lot of positive reviews from visiting fans in recent years. That said, particularly for a night game, there are still drunks to avoid.

I would advise staying away from High Street and Lane Avenue as it gets closer to game time. High Street is the main North-South Street on the east side of campus with lots of shops, restaurants, and bars, and off campus student housing just beyond. Lane Avenue, has several open-air gated, parties/bashes with lots of alcohol available. You can check these areas out in the early afternoon, but the closer it gets to game time, the more obnoxious drunks you will find.

If your looking for a tailgate, I'd suggest west of campus on the west side of the river. This is also the furthest from most student housing, minimizing the number of drunken frat-guy types. Since 2002 the cops have been cracking down and enforcing Ohio's open container laws, so if you choose to consume at OSU, the red solo cup truly is your friend.

I hope you enjoy your trip, and I'm sure it will be great crossing the Shoe off of your bucket list. I think you'll find it to be one of the best College Football Cathedrals in the country.

You might be the only one on this board that feels this way, but I've been wrong before. I don't ever get tired of hearing about TeamJack and what a great role model Rex is for that young man!

You misunderstand me. I'm all for the pictures and story about TeamJack. But I'd like to see all the pictures and discussion together in one place and not randomly distributed in threads with totally different content. It interrupts the discussion in that thread and prevents a good discussion about TeamJack at the same time.