We lack speed

Apathy

If Nebraska was not mentally tough, they would have folded against Wisconsin at home last week or against OSU last year. OSU is just a better team than 95% of teams across the country when they're clicking

Nebraska will go 10-2 IMO or 9-3 at worst, so step off the ledge people

10-2? Wow...I hope you're right. I really do...

If you look closely, you'll see I said "on the road"...we'll see what happens in Chicago, East Lansing and Iowa City. We'll also see what happens when Denard Robinson comes to town...he's quicker and shiftier than Braxton Miller.

Sure, but Miller plays on a better football team, with better TEs and RBs

Also, OSU is better on defense than Michigan and will be tougher to score on. Which us what you need to do against a team that scores a lot of points.

Iowa is a young team that is fairly one dimensional on offense and are a year away from being tough defensively

Northwestern is winnable as we all saw yesterday. They can move the ball, but if they can't stop anyone.....

This team could win all of it's games, with the proper attitude...

That's my point...mistakes, penalties, turnovers, blown assignments, bad angles, etc. In the second half last night (just like at Wisconsin, Michigan and in the bowl game last year) you could see it in the players' eyes and faces. They were intimidated and shook up. The game was too big for them...THAT is why I say they lack mental toughness.

Until that changes, the "big" games will always be too big for them. What was the last "big" game that Nebraska won away from Lincoln? Penn State last year doesn't count...their team was in shock and wasn't that strong to begin with.

I don't know what the answer to this problem is, I wish I did.

• Fire 1

Been going to and watching Nebraska football since 1961...the 2002 team was the first Nebraska team that I ever saw get intimidated and actually give up during games. It was a scene repeated with regularity during 2004-2007. That changed from 2008-2010...

That trend reared it's ugly head again last year and this year...

• Fire 1

If Nebraska was not mentally tough, they would have folded against Wisconsin at home last week or against OSU last year. OSU is just a better team than 95% of teams across the country when they're clicking

wO0yH.gif

219455d1349570355-animated-gif-thread-8l9ei.gif

LOL honestly....NEB could get lucky and that could happen....as of right now....I see at least a guaranteed loss against MICH. Every game this year, maybe besides Iowa and Minnesota, will be toss-ups. Get the turnovers fixed and the d needs to start playing better and NEB could still make it to the BIG10 title game. It's going to be a rough road though.

Our defense could be considered "serviceable" still. Same as last year. Especially with the offense we have. But when that offense throws pick 6's, turns it over deep in our own territory, and then we give up a punt return for a score, it really destroys what was once a "zero room for error" situation. I think large focus the next couple weeks really has to be on the turnovers and penalties. We can beat anyone left on the schedule. Colter is no Braxton Miller, and he has a minute fraction of the talent around him that Miller has and the same could be said for Robinson. If we catch Michigan on one of Dennard's turnover days, we can beat them by 3 scores. Michigan St. lets face it should not be an issue. Same with Minnesota and Iowa. Winning out is not that far out of the question. The main thing we have to realize is the combination of Braxton Miller and the talent around him is a combination that we may never again face until the next time we play Ohio St. We caught them on a night where they clicked. That is NOT a mediocre team. When they decided to set Miller loose early in the 2nd quarter it was over. They tried to save him in the 1st qtr but being down 10 realized they had to set him free. Bottom line, turnovers have got to stop.

Braxton Miller isn't Superman. OSU only put up 17 points on Michigan State, and they only put up 29 on UAB.

Our defense DOES lack speed. We knew that after the UCLA game, which is why we benched Whaley in favor of Santos/Anderson. The coaches came right out and said that we lacked speed. Don't know why it would be any different after the Ohio State game.

Glad I'm not the only one who remembered our lack of speed from the UCLA game that was also present for the Ohio State game.

Biggest difference to me was the D Lines. When you have a DL that can blow up a play the way Ohio State's did (our tackles got owned) you don't need to have the fastest linebackers in the world. If the DL can stop a couple of the zone reads in the backfield then it's a different game. When Braxton or Denard or, God help us, Colter get to the LBs and secondary every time they carry the ball then we don't have a chance. Everything starts up front.

I really think you need to attack a guy like Braxton also. With the size, speed and moves he has u don't want him to get up a head of steam.(only 3 or 4 steps for him) Makes him much harder to bring down. We've actually had decent success getting pressure at times, but cant seem to finish the play. Big hits, and stripping the ball are great, but the goal is to get the ball carrier on the ground.Great tackling, and play finishing is one thing that all great defensive players have in common.Not really seeing a lot of that on this team.