What We Learned

Frankly, I dont' see that happening. As soon as his star quarterback is gone-he'll be gone too so Miller is a sophomore-right? So that's 2 more years? When the going gets tough Meyer jumps ship.

Instead of saying, what did we learn, maybe we should ask, 'What did we do well-What can we improve on?'

What we did well-

>We actually contained/stopped Braxton Miller in the first quarter.

>We had some variety in our offense and it paid off. (I liked it when Rex took the snap. That really fooled them-TWICE!)

What can we improve on?

>Sticking with a defensive scheme when it's working. Why we abandoned that scheme is beyond me.

>Not passing in the red zone! POUND THE ROCK That was another thing that just bugs the heck out of me. When it's working stick with it!

>Using other players: If the guy who is currently playing, isn't hitting the mark, then substitute. We have to have other players that we can at least try. If nothing else they will be fresh legs and can give the starters a rest.

>Players need to play their positions. There were several times when our guys were not in position. When they are not in position there is no one else there to take care of that job.

>Don't chew out players in front of everyone. That is just poor form. If you need to chew them out, wait to do it in private.

What else?

Why do you keep saying that? His first time, he went 13-1. His 2nd time he was 8-5 and left with a bowl victory. (All this at Florida)

He was undefeated when he left Utah

He was 9-3 in Bowling Green when he left there.

Alex Smith and Tim Tebow were recruited by Urban Meyer. Urban Meyer has yet to recruit his prototype QB at Ohio State. (He has JT Barrett, but I don't know how good he will be)

Why did he leave Florida? Why didn't he stay and help them through their tough time? That's my point. Did he leave the other two teams because greener pastures were calling?

Just my opinion. But it's pretty weird to me that he would have lots of success at Florida, leave for health reasons, come back to Florida then when they started to lose, leave again then shortly thereafter go back to coaching at Ohio State. It's just suspect to me. I could be totally wrong. It could be that he will stay at Ohio forever as he is an Ohio native. We'll see.

The first time was due to esophogial spasms which he came back almost immediately when he realized it wasn't a heart attack or anything like that. The 2nd time it was due to the stress and cutthroat nature of the SEC. The constant need to win at all costs (legal or not) was what he said he needed a break from. The other two, yes, greener pastures. Bowling Green is no Utah. Utah is no Florida. And due to his roots, Florida is no Ohio State.

So he has a habit of leaving after a bad season (8-5) with only one instance of proof? Habit has to happen more than once before you can call it a habit.

I don't expect him to stay at Ohio State for 30 years or anything like that. I figure 5 years at most.

Frankly, I dont' see that happening. As soon as his star quarterback is gone-he'll be gone too so Miller is a sophomore-right? So that's 2 more years? When the going gets tough Meyer jumps ship.

Instead of saying, what did we learn, maybe we should ask, 'What did we do well-What can we improve on?'

What we did well-

>We had some variety in our offense and it paid off. (I liked it when Rex took the snap. That really fooled them-TWICE!)

What can we improve on?

>Sticking with a defensive scheme when it's working. Why we abandoned that scheme is beyond me.

>Not passing in the red zone! POUND THE ROCK That was another thing that just bugs the heck out of me. When it's working stick with it!

>Using other players: If the guy who is currently playing, isn't hitting the mark, then substitute. We have to have other players that we can at least try. If nothing else they will be fresh legs and can give the starters a rest.

>Players need to play their positions. There were several times when our guys were not in position. When they are not in position there is no one else there to take care of that job.

>Don't chew out players in front of everyone. That is just poor form. If you need to chew them out, wait to do it in private.

What else?

Why do you keep saying that? His first time, he went 13-1. His 2nd time he was 8-5 and left with a bowl victory. (All this at Florida)

Alex Smith and Tim Tebow were recruited by Urban Meyer. Urban Meyer has yet to recruit his prototype QB at Ohio State. (He has JT Barrett, but I don't know how good he will be)

Why did he leave Florida? Why didn't he stay and help them through their tough time? That's my point. Did he leave the other two teams because greener pastures were calling?

Just my opinion. But it's pretty weird to me that he would have lots of success at Florida, leave for health reasons, come back to Florida then when they started to lose, leave again then shortly thereafter go back to coaching at Ohio State. It's just suspect to me. I could be totally wrong. It could be that he will stay at Ohio forever as he is an Ohio native. We'll see.

And what did he do during his 11 months "off" Let's see. He spent 4 of them traveling all over the country doing commentary for college football.

I've learned that some posters only come out after big losses. I'd never heard of some of the names, thinking they were brand new to Huskerboard. Then I see their post total.

It's almost like a zombie apocalypse...rising from the dead to feed on the living...

Agreed. And there's on in particular that I know has rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way.

Problem is, if you cut through some of his antics, FLU does have some valid points. The problem is, the way FLU acts, people don't want to listen, and anyone associated with FLU *or* some of his valid points are then summarily lumped together, understandably so.

---

As for the theme of this thread, I learned that, after two Cosgrovian debacles in one season, I can count on one hand the number of coaching staff members I'd wish to keep, and that includes Bo and one GA.

What I learned after reading this thread is there are some Mamby Pamby thin skinned fans. Dont want them to score then stop them! Also Urban Meyer I wish coached nebraska.

It's getting ridiculous on here. Who are these people posting? They might be Husker fans but being butt-hurt over a tough loss doesn't mean you rip into the opposing team's coach. Class up and post something constructive! We need to fix what is wrong on our team and win. Do that and it doesn't matter how other teams are coached.

I wouldn't go so far as to want Urban as Nebraska's coach but he is well suited for OSU. Braxton is a great match for Urban's offense. Unfortunately we got caught in this perfect storm.

What we did well-

What can we improve on?

What else?

And what did he do during his 11 months "off" Let's see. He spent 4 of them traveling all over the country doing commentary for college football.

Which is a lot less stressful than coaching, takes up a lot less time (since he only has to fly out Friday or Saturday), and well.....an opportunity he couldn't refuse came up during those 11 months.

What we did well-

What can we improve on?

What else?

The first time was due to esophogial spasms which he came back almost immediately when he realized it wasn't a heart attack or anything like that. The 2nd time it was due to the stress and cutthroat nature of the SEC. The constant need to win at all costs (legal or not) was what he said he needed a break from. The other two, yes, greener pastures. Bowling Green is no Utah. Utah is no Florida. And due to his roots, Florida is no Ohio State.

So he has a habit of leaving after a bad season (8-5) with only one instance of proof? Habit has to happen more than once before you can call it a habit.

I don't expect him to stay at Ohio State for 30 years or anything like that. I figure 5 years at most.

It did happen more than once. My point is this: Will he stick around at tOSU when that team starts to lose? When Braxton Miller is gone will he bolt? If this is his dream job why would he leave after 5 years? I'll give him 3. Braxton graduates in what, two more years, then he'll stay for one more year to see if another star quarterback will emerge and carry him like Tebow did in Florida. We'll see.