Name your new coach

Bill Cowher would be my top pick, even though there is zero chance of that happening, since he has his pick of NFL jobs. Would love to have Saban of course, but he's not leaving the SEC.

Others:

Rich Rodriguez

Dan Mullen

Chris Petersen

Gary Patterson

Bobby Petrino

Jon Gruden

I also wouldn't mind Pete Carroll or Jim Tressel. Yes there would be sanctions to deal with, but the payoff in the long run would be worth it. Or what about former Tennessee coach Philip Fulmer? Won a NC at Tennessee, very underrated.

what about former Tennessee coach Philip Fulmer? Won a NC at Tennessee, very underrated.

You can't be serious the year before he got lucky he had his a$$ handed to him by NE and he had Peyton Manning for his QB.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Who would you take from the pro ranks Bull? I picked guys who were younger(cept wade) and that have some HC experience and are defensive guys(cept mcdaniels)!

Not sure a pro coach is what we need. I'm not a huge pro fan and the only name that comes to mind is Jim Harbaugh. Right now I'm satisfied with Bo. I don't think a program can fire two coaches who have won 9+ games a year and gone to bowls every year and then expect to attract a quality replacement.

T_O_B

:bigredn:

Was askin purely on the hypothetical! I too like Bo and think if he ever goes somewhere else, he will kill it! He has young inexperienced coordinators that need to find thier groove! And Bo will produce many future HCs in my opinion! We just need to recruit better to his scheme and be a little less impatient with him. We will get better and I for one hope it's with Bo as our HC! GBR!

I'm not saying Bo is a bad head coach or makes awful decisions. That's not my point. My point is that we always go the cheap route rather than going the route that will maximize the potential we have on the field. Beck seems to be doing decent, although he still has questionable play calls and game plans. Yeah recruiting changed because we switched conferences, but if you don't put a top notch staff around you can't expect greatness. That's a major difference between Bo and TO. TO had the best of the best around him. He wasn't tutoring a D coordinator and overseeing the offense with 2 new coordinators.

we go the hard route. the route that is more challenging now, but pays greater dividends later. the cheap route is opening up your checkbook for petrino or some other coach looking for a buck just to come here, win a few games and leave the program in shambles because of ncaa violations or their lack of loyalty..

How come no one likes Gary Patterson? I think he has done a remarkable job at TCU, has solid defenses almost every year. Seems to develop the talent he gets very well. Mostly three stars but occasionally can get some four stars, more the school than his recruiting.

May end up at Kansas State though when Bill retires.

May be wrong, but thought he passed on K-State right before Synder re-upped............?

I think your right, he didn’t want to leave TCU.

Now that he's got TCU in a BCS conference, he could probably go .500 for the rest of his career and they'll still love him. He did what SMU couldn't do without writing checks to the players--he made college football relevant in DFW again.

To be fair to Patterson, this year has been a distaster but that started before the season. The move to the BIG XII has meant nothing when it comes to their fail. It has to do with losing players due to suspension (failed drug tests), having a rebuilding year and having a idiot for a QB (no matter how talented). We forget he is just two years removed from a Rose Bowl victory over a very good Wisconsin team.

This is where I think there is slight hope he will leave TCU for a place like Nebraska when the time comes. He has done wonderful things at TCU but there comes a time for all coaches that one gets in a rut. Look at Ferentz at Iowa now, it happened to Snyder at KSU in the mid 00's, Fulmer finally had it happen to him at Tennessee, Fisher with the Titans, etc.

I should've clarified, Bo shouldn't lost his job UNLESS we can somehow get Saban. Assistant coaches need to be re evaluated. Starting with OL, DC, ST and OC - and leaving competition open daily. No way another qb shouldn't of been in that game vs Ohio State. I've been hammered for saying it, but we won't ever be an elite team with Taylor at the helm. For every big play he makes 2-3 knucklehead plays (interception, fumble, bad read - passing or running).

We are already on the second guy at every assistant position except Barney Cotton in the last 2 years. I don't have faith that Bo can make hires for the positions he already missed on. If we are going to blow up systems, then blow the whole thing up and start over with someone who has a unified vision.

If that were to happen, I almost guarantee we would look back in a couple years and say, "What the F*#& were we thinking?!"

Maybe we can get one of these guys...

Knute Rockne

Vince Lombardi

Bud Wilkinson

Bob Deveany

Think any of those guys would want the job?

Maybe, know a good necromancer?

If I did...

Here's a complete shot in the dark. What about Monte Kiffin? Since we're throwing out ridiculous names...

I think I'd want Zoogies...if we can afford him. Don't know if he can coach...but my Jr High FB coach was Coach Zuegge...pronounced the same as Zoogie...and he was awesome. And I went to JR/SR High school in Nebraska..so that would maintain Nebraska ties to the coaching hire.

Haha! Well, thank you. I humbly accept! Re:pricing, we'll make it work. What was that thing in Rumorville about boosters and $50 million? ;)

Bill Cowher would be my top pick, even though there is zero chance of that happening, since he has his pick of NFL jobs. Would love to have Saban of course, but he's not leaving the SEC.

Others:

Rich Rodriguez

Dan Mullen

Chris Petersen

Gary Patterson

Bobby Petrino

Jon Gruden

I also wouldn't mind Pete Carroll or Jim Tressel. Yes there would be sanctions to deal with, but the payoff in the long run would be worth it. Or what about former Tennessee coach Philip Fulmer? Won a NC at Tennessee, very underrated.

what about former Tennessee coach Philip Fulmer? Won a NC at Tennessee, very underrated.

You can't be serious the year before he got lucky he had his a$$ handed to him by NE and he had Peyton Manning for his QB.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Who would you take from the pro ranks Bull? I picked guys who were younger(cept wade) and that have some HC experience and are defensive guys(cept mcdaniels)!

Not sure a pro coach is what we need. I'm not a huge pro fan and the only name that comes to mind is Jim Harbaugh. Right now I'm satisfied with Bo. I don't think a program can fire two coaches who have won 9+ games a year and gone to bowls every year and then expect to attract a quality replacement.

T_O_B

:bigredn:

Was askin purely on the hypothetical! I too like Bo and think if he ever goes somewhere else, he will kill it! He has young inexperienced coordinators that need to find thier groove! And Bo will produce many future HCs in my opinion! We just need to recruit better to his scheme and be a little less impatient with him. We will get better and I for one hope it's with Bo as our HC! GBR!

Right there with you RRJR. Not time to get all 'Pissy, lets fire Bo,' time for 'I'm a patient man Bo. Get your $hit together and do your thing.'

T_O_B

Maybe we can get one of these guys...

Knute Rockne

Vince Lombardi

Bud Wilkinson

Bob Deveany

Think any of those guys would want the job?

Maybe, know a good necromancer?

If I did...

Here's a complete shot in the dark. What about Monte Kiffin? Since we're throwing out ridiculous names...

I don't think he has any desire to be a head coach. As many years as he was a top DC in the NFL, I would have to imagine he has had chances. Being a DC seems to be what he is best suited for.

How come no one likes Gary Patterson? I think he has done a remarkable job at TCU, has solid defenses almost every year. Seems to develop the talent he gets very well. Mostly three stars but occasionally can get some four stars, more the school than his recruiting.

May end up at Kansas State though when Bill retires.

May be wrong, but thought he passed on K-State right before Synder re-upped............?

I think your right, he didn’t want to leave TCU.

Now that he's got TCU in a BCS conference, he could probably go .500 for the rest of his career and they'll still love him. He did what SMU couldn't do without writing checks to the players--he made college football relevant in DFW again.

so why leave if you don't need too.