Really what do fans want?

I want to go back to the big 12. I want Missouri to go back too.

Make that the Big 8 and I'm right on board with ya............

That would be much better than the Big 12. Big Ten is still better than the Big 12.

I don't want the Huskers to go back to the jilted girlfriend who beats us with a stick and takes our money. Which is exactly what Texas is.

To be honest I don't think tOSU was really that more talent than we are. The difference between them and us is coaching and having their stars perform at a high level. The guys we depend on the most either turn over the ball or miss the tackles when we need to make a stop. We also seem to have a leadership issue on this team. We should have players that keep everyone accountable. The problem is the one that should be in those roles make just as many or more mistakes as everyone else.

Here we go again with the Tom Osborne logic and comparison.

How on earth someone can rationally compare the tenure of arguably one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game who built his legacy in a bygone era of the game nearly 40 years ago to Bo Pelini and the circumstances he finds himself in now is mind boggling.

I understand why..it's a convenient retort....problem is, it's full of holes.

Fans like the one who started this thread will continue to be the reason we drift further and further away from our legacy and tradition until one day we will be like the Service Academy's reflecting on how great they once were in the days of Doc Blanchard and Co. 50 years ago.

There is a reason that a sentiment of restlessness is beginning to permeate...we the fans can sense that something is amiss in Lincoln and many are beginning to suspect that Bo P. is not the man for the job.

If we win a B1G championship, everybody will forget about these first 6 games this year. Doesn't matter how it looks when it happens, we just need to get it done. With how weak the B1G is this year, there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be able to win it.

Moral of the story: FANS WANT CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Unfortunately even if we did the championship would be highly scrutinized because Ohio State wasn't allowed in it. It would be a victory, but a hollow one...I'd still like to have it though.

True but I think most Nebraska fans would accept that and still flash that trophy. All that matters in the end is we would be champions. It doesn't have to be pretty, just win!

I think that is all Husker fans hope at this moment. It doesn't matter if the team wins by 40 or just by 1, win the ball games your suppose to and put up a great fight in those you know are extremely tough. I look at the schedule and only see Michigan that should be a game we know will be very tough. If we pull our heads out, we should beat everyone else on the schedule. That is likely not to happen at this moment.

Tom let his assistants put in the work. He let their minds help him be successful. Bo wants his hand in everything, wants to control everything and have his guys under him do what he wants to do. If Bo, like Callahan, wants this job, he would hire some amazing assistants and let THEM do their jobs. But we all know that will never happen.

Is this an opinion or do have something more specfiic to back it up? I have the total opposite impression on Bo's management syle.

I want a team that people are afraid to play.

A team that the day after playing us, the opposition is laying in bed, wishing they'd not shown up for the game. A team that makes opposing QB's and RB's live in fear, that makes opposing Offensive Coordinators throw their clipboards in disgust. The offensive line that by midway through the 3rd quarter, has the opposing d-line sucking wind and wanting to quit.

I want a team that people are afraid to play.

A team that the day after playing us, the opposition is laying in bed, wishing they'd not shown up for the game. A team that makes opposing QB's and RB's live in fear, that makes opposing Offensive Coordinators throw their clipboards in disgust. The offensive line that by midway through the 3rd quarter, has the opposing d-line sucking wind and wanting to quit.

^^Good Posting. And Solich's Mom is knocking this one out of the park as well. To satisfy a lot of fans, we need to compete for a championship every year. That isn't going to happen. We are still in the conference hunt, and a lot of fans would love to trade places with us.

I want thuggery back on defense. On the field and within the rules of course. It's all within the rules if you don't get caught right? We need to get some swagger back somehow.

I really do not care if we win the Big this year or not, really a meaningless trophy as far as I am concerned. WE have already proven we are not championship level, Ohio State may not be the champion on paper, but all will know they are. And nationally they will be known as the champions of the other eleven ground hogs.

I do not care about MNC. I just want a team that I can say that is my team and I am proud of everything they do, win or lose. Currently I am proud of their non quitting effort, the progress in the class room. I want to know going into a game we have a good chance of winning the game, whether we win or not. I want to see everything left on the field. I want honest answers when things don't go as planned. The reasons we failed and what we plan to do about it to progress.

I would like to never face my USC boss and listen to crap he spews about my team, and deep down know he is absoltely correct. Win or lose play like Nebraska of old. I am just tired of the last ten years, sick of the last ten years. Sick of making excuses for our poor showings.

I am tired of feeling sorry for the kids that are trapped in this, knowing they want to win more than anything and are not getting the coaching on the field to succeed.

I just want to turn the page that so many keep saying is coming next year, and next year, and next year. I am tired of being called a bandwagon fan, a bad fan, because I do no worship our head coach. I have yet to see the reason some so blindly follow or believe the crap that we see on the field, with well next year we will get em. Just wait till we get in the BIG, they will see then.

I NEVER AS LONG AS I LIVE WANT TO HEAR THE WORDS, WE FAILED TO EXECUTE!!!!!!

• Fire 1