What are Your Expectations??

It concerns me that these threads never have any mention of anything other than wins and losses.

Recruit good kids, train them to become men of character, integrity and respect, instill family values, show them you'll go anywhere for them and they'll return the favor and the wins will take care of themselves.

I understand that expecting a National Championship is not only unrealistic, it is moronic. However, I do expect when people from BTN, ESPN, FoxSports, or any other news source, are throwing out "national contenders"; they won't be 'laughed at' by mentioning the Huskers.

This means competitive year in, and year out. If there is a blowout/embarassing win, the Huskers better win 10+ games (e.g. K-State this year) or if all games are close 7 or 8 wins would be acceptable as long as it wasn't the norm and the losses were from 'better' teams (e.g. Michigan this year, Alabama blowout not withstanding)

I should add that I don't believe a coach, Pelini or any other, should be fired for a season that doesn't meet these expectations as long as the seasons prior and immediately after show that the staff is capable of meeting the expectations.

Is this team meeting your expectations this year?

Unfortunately they did not meet expectations for me by getting blown out. This should not happen. I can take a good hard fought loss. Blow outs (I.e. OSU) ruin the season for me, especially knowing how down the b1g is. I fear what is going to happen to this team in a bowl game.

Unfortunately they did not meet expectations for me by getting blown out. This should not happen. I can take a good hard fought loss. Blow outs (I.e. OSU) ruin the season for me, especially knowing how down the b1g is. I fear what is going to happen to this team in a bowl game.

We got blown out by an 11-0, #5 team in the country and that ruined your whole season? Wow, talk about high expectations.

We got blown out by an 11-0, #5 team in the country and that ruined your whole season? Wow, talk about high expectations.

not to mention that blowouts can be misleading. sometimes the problems in any given game just tend to compound each other. blowouts are embarrassing, but they always look way worse than they actually are if you watched the game.

• 3 weeks later...

This was brought up in another thread and I felt it would be a great thread to get a feel of where NU's fans are. Props to sd'sker for asking the question in a different thread.

-10 years-

10 bowls

3-5 BCS games

4 conference championships

Winning record against top 25

BCS opponent win percentage of 75% or more. We are currently at 64% or 34-19 over the last 5 years.

Really interested to see where others have set the bar. #GBR

i will jump in, i always think this is a good topic for the end of season:

on average 9.5 wins a season.

get to the conf. championship more times than not.

win at least 1 out of 5.

get to the playoffs 1 out of 5 (hard to say how that will shake out).

be competitive in top ten games. win the games we are favored in. stop losing the ones we should not.

1. Winning record every year

2. At least one five star recruit and four four stars each year

3. One Groza every 10 years

4. One Heisman every 40 years

3. Black uniforms once every two years

4. New turf every 7 years

5. At least one contributing player every year the crowd can "UUUUUUUUUUU"

6. Coke products to be sold in Memorial

7. Win% of 100 against Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, and Purdue

8. No major NCAA violations

9. No major crimes committed by players

10. See a game at Memorial where the wave is not performed by the crowd

• Fire 2

My My how the times have changed.... It's considerably unreasonable for us to expect what we got in the 90s. But a standard was set over 50 years ago. Winning many conference titles and playing in many games that had national title implications. We just dont see that anymore. Parody in CFB has changed the game. Scholly restrictions have changed the game. But with all that said My expectations for this University are always going to remain the same. I set the bar high. Which contradicts what my expectation was going into this season. I made 2 friendly wagers with family members that we would not win 9 regular season games.

My expectations are to be a perennial top 15 program.

More times than not top 10 program.

At some point in more seasons than not at least be in the national championship conversation.

Win conference titles, and if not winning them at least be competing for them.

Not getting embarrassed ever let alone twice in a season.

Winning all games expected to win.

Setting the standard for B1G football.

Having a mindset that we can win every game we play...

seeing the blackshirts actually be blackshirts

I dont expext to have years like the 90s all the time, but i also do not expect to have a drought like we have had for the last decade.

Bob and Tom (no pun intended) Set the standard, this program needs to get back on track to continuing those standards.

• Fire 1

Win everything all the time every season! Fire (insert current coachs name here) after any loss!

If you think this is unrealistic to expect then read some posters comments after we lose. I don't have my head in the clouds but I cant get over how unstable some people get when we lose a game. sh#t happens. Yes even to our beloved huskers. We got kicked in the junk a few times during Bo's tenure. Doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water(thanks for this quote Gma)! Unless we all forget the radioactive levels this program was at before Bo and TO stepped in. All I ever expect out of any team I'm a fan of is effort. Want to win them all? Absolutely. Sometimes we tie the quality of this university to strictly wins and losses often forgetting the quality of people the school produces. In a day and age where everyone must win now, I'd like to think we as husker fans are a little more knowledgable and realize that it's just not that easy! We are victims of our own success but at least we have a program that can boast of such successes. GBR!

like this idea.

9 at least in each season. i would be ok with fewer if the games were close.

Tough stingy defense that shuts down the run.

Beat opponents we should and be competitive in big games.

Regularly be in the hunt for the Conference title.

Sign a top 30 recruiting class each year.

Go to at least 2 BCS bowls each decade.

You could say my goals are a little lower than everyone else but i guess i follow Bob stoops formula that i observed. win your conference. and try too win it every year and if you do that you will position your self well for that break out year.

Don't set your sights too high. set them on the little things, and do the little things right. and big things will happen eventually.

My expectations-

1. 10 wins a season

2. winning record against top 25

3. conference title appearance at least every other year (re-alignment could make this tougher, who knows)

4. 4 BCS bowls in 10 years; make the playoffs twice in those same 10 years

5. Return to dominant defense

6. Last and most importantly: Not be absolutely embarrassed on national tv