What are Your Expectations??

for me:

1. total intensity on each side of the ball, every snap of every game... irrespective of score

2. great sportsmanship from players & coaches

3. high graduation rates and low crime rates

4. an average of no more than 2.5 regular season losses .. so, a 9/10 win a season average during the regular season

5. in conference championship game 4/5 times per 10 years

6. win conference 2/3 times per 10 years

My expectations-

1. 10 wins a season

2. winning record against top 25

3. conference title appearance at least every other year (re-alignment could make this tougher, who knows)

4. 4 BCS bowls in 10 years; make the playoffs twice in those same 10 years

5. Return to dominant defense

6. Last and most importantly: Not be absolutely embarrassed on national tv

^^ This, mostly. Except I'd say 9 or 10 wins (avg. 9.5). And maybe 3 BCS bowls per decade.

Integrity

excellence

no less than 9 wins per season

Many seasons winning at least 10

Always be competitive. Meaning, do not get embarrassed on national TV in the biggest games.

Every once in a while be in the NC discussion and at some point actually play for some.

Play for conference championships and actually WIN some.

Do not lose games we should not lose.

At bare minimum...be ranked in top 25. We should actually be a top ten or top 15 team every year.

Win everything all the time every season! Fire (insert current coachs name here) after any loss!

If you think this is unrealistic to expect then read some posters comments after we lose. I don't have my head in the clouds but I cant get over how unstable some people get when we lose a game. sh#t happens. Yes even to our beloved huskers. We got kicked in the junk a few times during Bo's tenure. Doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water(thanks for this quote Gma)! Unless we all forget the radioactive levels this program was at before Bo and TO stepped in. All I ever expect out of any team I'm a fan of is effort. Want to win them all? Absolutely. Sometimes we tie the quality of this university to strictly wins and losses often forgetting the quality of people the school produces. In a day and age where everyone must win now, I'd like to think we as husker fans are a little more knowledgable and realize that it's just not that easy! We are victims of our own success but at least we have a program that can boast of such successes. GBR!

I distinctly remember 2 Nat'l. Champs prior to TO being HC :) I know it was prehistoric BUT :)

GBR

Win everything all the time every season! Fire (insert current coachs name here) after any loss!

If you think this is unrealistic to expect then read some posters comments after we lose. I don't have my head in the clouds but I cant get over how unstable some people get when we lose a game. sh#t happens. Yes even to our beloved huskers. We got kicked in the junk a few times during Bo's tenure. Doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water(thanks for this quote Gma)! Unless we all forget the radioactive levels this program was at before Bo and TO stepped in. All I ever expect out of any team I'm a fan of is effort. Want to win them all? Absolutely. Sometimes we tie the quality of this university to strictly wins and losses often forgetting the quality of people the school produces. In a day and age where everyone must win now, I'd like to think we as husker fans are a little more knowledgable and realize that it's just not that easy! We are victims of our own success but at least we have a program that can boast of such successes. GBR!

I distinctly remember 2 Nat'l. Champs prior to TO being HC :) I know it was prehistoric BUT :)

GBR

I think he means when TO took the AD job in 2007. Of course, I'm probable not correctly sensing your sarcasm.

I expect them to fight hard in the the battles they go through in life.

I expect them to do and dare.

I expect them to win by the code, faith and honor held high.

I expect them to rarely stand by the road as the winners go by.

I expect this team to work its butt off to get better, day by day.

I expect them to have at least one season in the next ten where they can't be beat, and won't be beat.

And I expect them to realize that these are just words, that words alone mean nothing, win you nothing, and accomplish nothing.

Bam.

dropthemic.gif

GBR

I think he means when TO took the AD job in 2007. Of course, I'm probable not correctly sensing your sarcasm.

You...... Just........Get Me!

I expect good teams (some go 8-5)

I expect good kids

I expect good graduation rates

I expect low crime problems

I expect Bo to grow

I expect Bo to seek help, in learning his job

I do not expect nor do I demand CCG's or MNC's

I do not expect our team to annually be in the top 10

I do not demand 9-10 win seasons (see good teams)

I do not think that I am entitled (new buzz word around here) to anything, other than watching/supporting a quality football program.

I do feel I have invested enough in this program to see it move forward. Wins or losses do not indicate whether the program is moving forward for me. Wins are great, and I hate losses, but I hate being embarassed far more.

I think Bo will right the ship if given enough time, but I still feel he needs help. Just too much for a first time head coach at a program like this.

I would like to be able to believe at the beginning of every season that the Huskers have a chance to win every game on the schedule. If it gets to the point where the idea that Nebraska could go unbeaten seems wholely unlikely, then it's time to change course. Right now, I am at the tipping point in my thinking because two of the team's losses this year and two of the team's losses last year were non-competitive blow outs. The more this happens, the more we would have to amend our thinking as fans into assuming that losses are not likely, they're virtually guaranteed.

I have now lowered my expectations after the big 10 title game. I just want to get to a bowl so we can have the extra practice. Every few years i hope to see a season where we dont give up 60+ points twice. I am fine with once a season because that would be an improvement.

Wait.....what did i just say? Oh.....my.....god.........I have become a Cyclown fan.