Something I heard on 1620 this week...

The defense is hemorrhaging yards and points on a Cosgrovian scale and we've got another thread going about Taylor Martinez.

Martinez has completed 67% of his passes.

He's thrown 4 INTs vs. 14 TDs.

He's 13th in the nation in Pass Efficiency.

He throws an INT 3% of the time he goes back to pass.

He's 39th in the nation in Total Offense.

He's 14th in the country in Points Responsible For.

Meanwhile, the defense is:

92nd in the country in Rush Defense

49th in Total Defense

73rd in Scoring Defense

32nd in Pass Efficiency Defense

Thank god we've identified Martinez as the problem, and thank god we're ready to bench him for the next guy. Thank god we're bitching because this is the best we have.

3 of those ints against tOSU, which we lost

Right - he had a bad game. We certainly can't take away that bad game from his stats, but everyone has a bad game.

Meanwhile, the defense has been embarrassed twice on national TV. And yet we're talking about the quarterback. Go figure, huh?

That's huskerboard for ya. Same sh#t different day

1. Make inane, inaccurate comments about a player

2. Get shown to be wrong with a factually accurate post

3. Claim, "That's huskerboard for ya"

4. Profit

We messed up promising T-Mart the starting job for 4 years regardless of his on-field performance

The above statement is not the case.

1 more year of Taylor won't be all that bad I guess. I can handle another average season

Again, say what you will about the "average season," but your comment was false. Get it? You were wrong. Take it like a man.

EZ-E.... the God of huskerboard

What is there to get? That no matter how bad Taylor plays he will never be replaced in the middle of a game or benched due to lack of performance?

What is there to get? That no matter how bad Taylor plays he will never be replaced in the middle of a game or benched due to lack of performance?

He got benched during the Texas game in 2010. So what you're saying just isn't true.

Benching a guy for the sake of benching a guy - when there's not a viable option behind him - makes absolutely no sense.

We messed up promising T-Mart the starting job for 4 years regardless of his on-field performance

The above statement is not the case.

1 more year of Taylor won't be all that bad I guess. I can handle another average season

Again, say what you will about the "average season," but your comment was false. Get it? You were wrong. Take it like a man.

EZ-E.... the God of huskerboard

Okay, I didn't realize I had to spell it out.

1) TMart gives us a good chance to win the remainder of our games. End of discussion, he is our best QB.

2) Kellogg is a very fundamentally sound QB, but would have had trouble adjusting to the speed of play.

3) make zero mistakes, Armstrong is good. Very good. I expect big time things out of him. But he isn't there yet. If Taylor would go down, I'd want him to play. But do you really burn a valuable redshirt year that hindered Cody Green's development in a game like Saturday night? If you pull a redshirt you better be damn sure it's the right choice because you can't get it back. It would have been reckless to do this to Tommie Saturday.

Nothing further your honor.

citation needed.

Shawn Watson is the holder of the agreement

Ok, now you're just trolling, because nobody is this stupid.

Originally I wasn't until I realized how butt-hurt people get, like you, on huskerboard when someone shares their opinions.

I simply believe that Taylor Martinez is an average QB at best and regardless of who we have in at QB during the games we won't see much of a difference. Across the board all of our QBs are probably pretty even talent wise, besides Kellog.

But what the hell do I know, right? I don't have 2,287 posts

Well, one thing I think we could do to reinforce the position, while keeping Taylor in there as the veteran starter, is work in 20 Wildcat snaps a game. Keep us steady, get us into good 2nd and 3rd down situations. Rex could really make a living out of doing that, and it lets us work in our other backs simultaneously - Heard or Abdullah in particular.

And if Tommy or Jamal could do it, then put the ball in those guys' hands. It's not a wasted redshirt if Tommy gets 20 snaps a game for the rest of the year.

^THIS! Get the ball into the playmakers hands. That is what winning teams do. Get some experience for Armstrong prior to taking the reigns in 2014 or possibly 2013 depending on his development/performance. We have used AA, Heard, Cross as change of pace RB's, why not TA as a change of pace and to allow Martinez to "settle down" if needed. Look at how much better off we are next year with the carries that AA, Heard and Cross have had.

We need to stop recruiting guys with the intention of getting the ready to "play in a year or two" and get them on the field in some capacity if they can contribute. I do not think a lot of kids would complain about getting 15-20 snaps per game as a Freshman. I am unsure how any come in wanting to start for 4 years vs I want to play and or contribute immediately.

Only games that taylor has looked "good" in are against nobody opponents.

:facepalm:

Taylor's Ohio State, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Missouri wins, off the top of my head, were against "nobody" opponents?

Yes, facepalm. If you actually believe Taylor is the one winning our games, you are delusional my friend.

Wow, your lack of substantial facts, anecdotal evidence, and contempt are doing an excellent job of helping you troll the hell out of this board.

And delusional--last time I checked, there are 10 other players on offense, and 11 men playing on the defense as part of a TEAM that contributed to both the wins and losses of this program. If you're only seeing one man on the field, you may need to refill your meds.

Please go back to wherever it is you trolls sit there and spin yourselves up, waiting for a young man to stumble just so you can thread s**t all over the place.